Ashtanga Namaskara also known as Eigh-Limbed posture is part of Suryanamaskara or Sun Salutation. It is the present in the sixth posture in the Surya Namaskara. In this representation, the body is touching the ground in eight different areas which are two feet (the toes), the two palms, the two knees, the head and the chest. This is derived from Sanskrit word Asta meaning eight and anga meaning part.
How to do Ashtanga Namaskara
- First, you need to lower your body such that it is parallel to the floor.
- Now the two feet, the two palms, the chest, the two knees, and the jaw should be given chance to touch the ground.
- The guts and the hips need to be raised up.
- While doing this, the breath is exhaled and the breathing is then ceased for couple of moments.
- At this particular point as the main aspect of the Sun Salutation, a mantra needs to be droned while you do this asana. This asana is the sixth posture. The mantra that is droned is uttered as “Om Pushne Namaha”. It means the greeting to the person that provides the quality.
Advantages of Ashtanga Namaskara
- It fortifies muscles of both the legs and the hands.
- It also fortifies the chest of the body.
- It helps in flexing the body by offering one of the best massages that your every curve in the body can get. In the internal massaging process, it also works out in the external part of the body. The body becomes the originating ground for the generation of the power source to the body. It helps in purification process of the entire body.
- It is quite beneficial for the heat since it tones the cardiac muscles as well as arteries. The synchronized method of breathing assists in in pushing out all the toxins that are harmful for the body. The 12 poses need to be done in a particular specific manner. It also include the process of both inhalation as well as exhalation which need to be strictly followed. Along with these poses, you should chant any mantra which helps in creating synergy in the body.
- The meditating mind also helps in creating the awareness of the existence of the entire world. The mind gets overflown with confidence which a person often lacks. The body and the mind works together to assist the soul to lighten up that is easily shown in the face which radiates.
- This pose is not just about getting physically fit but also about the creation of understanding the inner chakras. It is the level of concentration that assists this posture to attain its inherent success. The specified mantra that is chanted along with this pose assists in creating a sense of concentration.