Yoga not only involves Asana but also Mudra. There are many types of health benefits gained from this yoga mudra. According to Ayurveda, every yoga mudra is unique in itself. Five elements are present in the body and keeping these elements balanced is contained in the fingers of the hands. These fingers are located on the air index finger, the water little finger, the firing thumb, the earth finger ring and the sky middle finger. Hundreds of yoga mudras can be performed with these five fingers. But different yoga mudras are practiced to remove different diseases. As the balance of air is done with the Vayu mudra, the balance of water with the Varun mudra, the earth element from the Prithvi mudra, and the balance of the space with the Akash mudra.
Yoga posture is an ancient technique that is considered more than Asana and Pranayama. Asana only promotes physical strength while Mudra develops both physical and mental energy. Such is the case of mudras.
Here we give a detail explanation about the Akash mudra and why it is important, benefits of Akash mudra and how to do and side effects also.
Akash Mudra And Why it is Important
The word Akash come from the Sanskrit language. there Akash means to view and Recognize, and mudra means a gesture of hands.
Akash Mudra is that yoga mudra enhances the space element out of the five elements of the body.
The middle finger is the symbol of the space element. To do Akash mudra, attach the middle finger to the forearm of the thumb and straighten the rest of the fingers. The thumb is a symbol of the fire element.
This mudra also is known as “Aakash-vardhak mudra” , that is one of the most beneficially combined mudras. It increases the internal space in the body. It removes the health problems caused by the deficiency of the sky element.
This mudra is also seen in most of Buddha’s status.
How To Do Akash Mudra
Akash Mudra is associated with the space that performing together with deep breathing and meditation Asana. It is a yogic hand gesture that is performed by the middle finger. The middle finger is the symbol of the space element that protects the body from diseases cause by space. such as Arthritis and Migraine etc.and the thumb is the symbol of the fire element. When these two elements combine, the space element increases in a human’s body. It can practice anytime and anywhere. There are some simple steps that will explain how to do this Akash Hasta Mudra.
- First of all, sit in any comfortable seating posture and place the hands with palm pointing upwards on the thighs or the knees.
- Meditation postures like Padmasana, Siddhasana, Swastikasana, Vajrasana, etc. are ideal for the practice of mudras.
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths with the awareness of the breathing process.
- Now fold your middle finger and tap the tip of the middle finger to the tip of the thumb.
- The rest of the three fingers should be keep extended as much as possible.
- Removing all thoughts from the mind has to focus the mind only on OM.
- In addition, it should be practicing with both hands simultaneously.
- Do not decrease or increase the speed of breath from your side.
- Perform this pose for 45 minutes at a stretch every day or for 15 to 16 minutes three times a day.
You can practice this Mudra by standing in Tadasana Yoga (Mountain pose), otherwise sitting on a chair.
This mudra is beneficial for the body in many ways, it helps in curing various types of diseases, let us know the benefits of Akash mudra in detail.
Benefits of Akash Mudra
It is believing Akash mudra has a lot of spiritual, mental, and emotional benefits.
- Ayurveda states that the problem of migraine is due to the lack of space element in the body. If it is balanced then migraine can be overcome.
- Reduction in the pain of sinusitis can also be felt.
- One who practices Akash Mudra gains consciousness. It gives peace to the mind.
- Hearing power improves by practicing this mudra.
- Akash mudra is good for heart’s health.
- Aakash mudra activates the visuddha (throat) chakra.
- The practice of Akash Mudra increases calcium in the body. It makes teeth strong and cures diseases related to bones or skeletons.
- Additionally, this mudra assists in removing negative emotions like anger, sorrow or fear.
- This mudra also detoxifies the body.
- This pose is a panacea for mentally and physically challenged children.
A Specialty of Akash Mudra
According to acupressure, the points of sinus are also found in the middle finger of the hand. By pressing on these points, diseases like cold and cold are cured. Which brings prosperity, material happiness, and strength.
The beads of the chanting beads also move forward with the middle finger.
According to the scriptures, it is considered to be the finger of Saturn. When Fire and Saturn meet, spiritual power intensifies.
This mudra also practices in a standing, sitting or lying down on a bed whenever. You can chant a mantra or switch words silently. No particular time duration for this mudra. Of course, All mudra is very effective when you do the mudras between 4-6 AM. To an excellent, the best and efficient results, make sure you practice regularly for two months.
However, all mudras are beneficial to us without any side-effects. pressure should not be applied on the finger. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable. As a result, nothing at all. Perform this mudra freely.
People of Vata nature should not do this pose. This can cause problems with gas, dryness of skin, arthritis.
Jan 26, 2021
How to do Varun Mudra and What are Its benefits?
It is no exaggeration to say that water is a very essential element for the human body. 70 percent of[...]
Jan 26, 2021
How to do Garuda mudra and What are Its benefits?
The Garuda mudra is the symbol of God Vishnu. God Vishnu rides on the Garuda. Garuda is king of the[...]
Jan 25, 2021
How to do Dhyana Mudra and What are Its benefits?
Dhyana mudra is the hand gesture usually practice a time of meditation. The benefits of the dhyana mudra are to[...]