Anjaneyasana is the sanskrit name for the Lung or Low Lung Pose. that resembling the son of Anjani. Anjani, the mother of Hindu god, Hanuman (In the Hindu mythology). Human is a centeal figure in the epic Ramayana. lunge pose is a basic standing poses that is found in many yoga posture.
It is also known as crescent moon pose in English. in this position, hands are lifted. and in low lunge pose the hands are on the floor. Anjaneyasana helps to open the Root Chakra (Muladhara Chakra), Heart Chakra (Anahata Chakra), Solar Plexus (Manipura Chakra).
Let us see how to perform yoga low lung pose in a step by step way, along with benefits of low lung pose- opens the hips, improves balance and can help with sciatica. and Anjaneyasana is a master exercise used in sun salutations C sequence.
How To Do Low Lung Pose
- Anjaneyasana start in Downward-facing-dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana).
- Now exhale and place your foot in between the hands, the knee is bent at a 90-degree angle.
- lower your left knee to the floor and place the top of the left foot on the floor, the top of foot facing the floor(make sure your right foot placed on the floor).
- Press your eighter right foot and left knee into the floor or stretch the right knee forward and the left knee back. and Draw the tailbone down toward the floor.
- Inhale and lift your torso, as you do raise your arms up alongside your ears and palms facing each other or in Anjani mudra.
- Bend your head slightly backwards and look up.
- Exhale and let your hips relex and forward.
- Remain in the pose for 15 to 30 seconds.
- To come out this pose, keep your hands back to the floor and get back into the Downward-facing-dog Pose
- Repeat with the left foot.
Benefits of Anjaneyasana
- Anjaneyasana opens the lower ribs, chest, arms, and shoulder.
- It also adds stretches the front of the body and another is good for those suffering sciatica pain.
- It can help to reduce unnecessary fat from the belly.
- Regular practicing this asana also curing for constipation.
- It is also effective in physical tightness in the entire body.
- This asana is good to digest food and reproductive organs.
- It is a heart opener yoga posture and also improved breathing and increased blood circulation.
- The pose works beautifully on the shoulders and extends the chest, the shoulders and adding flexibility in the body
- It stretches the hamstrings and the quadriceps
- During this exercise, make sure to maintain a focus on your breathing.
- If your knee is sensitive, you can place o double up towel or blanket under your knee.
- Utkatasana (Chair Pose), and Virasana (Hero Pose) can be practice prior this for better results.
- Beginners can use, to perform this pose eighter against a wall or raise the ball of the foot.
- Don’t perform this Asana in case of High B.P.
- If you have shoulder problem can practice it by keeping the hands on the thighs.
- Any kind of injury around the knees and the hips.