Ardha Matsyendersana is named after the famous yogi Matsyendranath. It is one of the seated twisting pose as well as favorite meditation pose, is an asana in Hatha yoga.
This asana is a grounding stretch for the outer hips. Moreover, your spine also gets two side twists throughout its length. However, as it is a Little difficult to practice. but if you perform it systematically, in a matter of days, one can master this asana.
What is “Ardha Matsyendrasana”
let’s understand the meaning of Ardha Matsyendrasana. The name Ardha Matsyendrasana comes from the Sanskrit language here ‘Ardha‘ means ‘Half‘, ‘Matsya‘ means ‘Fish‘, ‘Indra‘ means ‘King‘ and ‘Asana‘ means ‘ yoga posture‘. it also acknowledged as Half Lord of the Fishes and The Half Spinal Twist pose.
In Hindu mythology, Matsyasana is among one of the incarnations of the Lord Vishnu, who is the preserver of the universe.
In this article, we will talk about-Learn step by step technique and benefits of Ardha Matsyendersana,along with precautions.
How to do Ardha Matsyendersana (The Half Spinal Twist Pose)
- First, come in Dandasana (Staff Pose) with Sit straight, keeping the legs outstretched in front of you. Make sure that your feet are placed together and the spine erect.
- Secondly, bend the left leg over the right leg, and placing the left foot flat on the floor close to the right knee.
- After this, bend the right leg and fold it with the right heel near the left buttock. both buttocks remain on the floor with Keep your spine erect.
- Now, inhale and bring your upper right arm to rest on your left thigh. and grab the big toe of the left foot.
- Twist your waist, neck, and shoulders towards the left as much as possible. look out over your left shoulder.
- When you exhale the left hand up and place the palm against the floor just behind your left buttock and press it firmly into the floor.
- Try to draw your spine longer and longer with each inhalation and deepen the twist with each exhalation.
- Hold the pose for a few seconds
- In addition, repeat the same from the other side.
Benefits of Ardha Matsyendersana
- The Half Spinal Twist yoga pose not only helps in curing nervous disorders but also help in Indigestion.
- It builds strength along the sides of your body and good to relieve headache.
- This asana makes the shoulder more flexible. and shoulder twists are essential detoxify our emotions and body.
- Ardha Matsyendersana also helps to cure not only a slipped disc but also in sciatica pain.
- It specifically stimulates Navel chakra or Manipura chakra. and thus, helps those suffering from diabetes.
- The Half Spinal Twist Pose helps to increase the blood circulation, purifies the blood, and detoxifies the internal organs, nutrients and oxygen in the pelvic region
- It also helps to cure urinary infections..
- This yoga pose is more beneficial for women in menstrual disorders.
- Ardha Matsyendersana is one of the best yoga asana for the health of spine.
- The Half Spinal Twist yoga pose also regulate the secretion of both adrenalin and bile.
- This asana not only helps to stretch the muscles but also promotes mobility of the spine and hips.
- This asana must be avoided during pregnancy and menstruation due to the twist at the abdomen.
- Do not practice this Asana if it causes any pain in the knee or hips.
- If practitioner suffering from major slipped disc.
- In case of Hyperthyroidism must avoided this asana.
- should be avoid in case of severe back ache or spinal injury.
- In conclusionShould be care for those peptic ulcer or Hernia.
May 14, 2021
Amazing Benefits of Yoga for Tennis Players
Practicing Yoga by tennis players can be an important foundation, as yoga has greater flexibility, joint mobility, and stability for[...]
May 13, 2021
Yoga For Senior Citizens: 7 Valuable Yoga Poses For Elderly
Yoga practice has been an infallible practice to keep us healthy for thousands of years. There is no natural way[...]
May 12, 2021
Stretch The Wrists With Yoga For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Wrist Tendonitis
Vinyasa poses or even Mudra (hand gestures) assigned to yoga groups can be done to reduce carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist[...]