Mukula Mudra (Samana Mudra) is one of the best Mudra which balances all the five elements within the body. This is a very simple mudra, and also known as Samana Mudra, Sukri Mudra, Tridosha Naashak Mudra, and Beak hand Mudra.
Mukula Mudra signifies a gesture with hands, where all five elements are brought together to touch. This mudra is very useful for balancing the three doshas Vata, pitta, and Kapha. Performing Samana mudra is also believed to aid in the digestion, gastric fire, absorption, and assimilation of nutrition by stoking Jatharagni.
The Mukula Mudra balances all five elements within the body, where these five elements touch each other.
How To Do Mukula Mudra (TRI-DOSHA NASHAK MUDRA)
It is a yogic hand gesture that is performed by both hands. It can practice anytime and anywhere. There are some simple steps that will explain how to do this Mukula Mudra.
- First of all, sit in any comfortable seating posture and place the hands with palm pointing upwards on the thighs or the knees.
- Meditation postures like Padmasana, Siddhasana, Swastikasana, Vajrasana, etc. are ideal for the practice of mudras.
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths with the awareness of the breathing process.
- Bring All the four-fingers together and bend them over to touch your thumb.
- Don’t press very hard.
- The touching of fingertips with the thumb is the Samana Vayu hand mudra.
- In addition, it should be practicing with both hands simultaneously.
- Removing all thoughts from the mind has to focus the mind only on OM.
What Are the Benefits of Mukula Mudra (Samana Mudra)?
- It is useful in balancing the Vata, Pitta, and Kapha of the body.
- As a result, Mukula mudra stimulates the Manipura chakra to create vibration and energy.
- When a person has an acidity problem, practicing Mukula yoga mudra
- In Ayurveda, it’s referred to as imbalanced liver function.
- However, ancient yogis with the condition regarding gas, bloating, flatulence, or other related gastric issues, used to perform Mukula/Samana Mudra as a remedy.
- This mudra also further stimulates the endocrine system.
- strengthens meditation power.
- however, practicing Mukula mudra in Meditation or in Pranayama could strengthen meditation power.
- This mudra is an easy preparatory technique to calm your mind before sitting in meditation.
- Samana mudra is very helpful, especially when done in Vajrasana. It treats common problems like diarrhea and constipation.
- This mudra is the best remedy for glowing and Whitening skin.
Precautions & Contraindications
However, all mudras are beneficial to us without any side-effects. pressure should not be applied on the finger or thumb. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable. As a result, nothing at all. Perform this mudra freely.
- This mudra isn’t recommended while walking. Other than this, it can be done in sitting and standing poses, but don’t forget to keep your spine erect.
- Not to be done by anyone suffering from Insomnia and pregnant women for a long duration, without the guidance of a yoga teacher.
Mar 21, 2021
Helpful Yoga Mudras For Sleep: That Cures Insomnia And Improve Sleep
If you are also facing a lack of enough sleep, some mudras will help with this. The practice of constant[...]
Mar 12, 2021
7 Effective Yoga Mudras For Healing
You can make different yoga asanas with your hands, they are called 'Mudras' or hand gestures. It is said that[...]
Mar 06, 2021
How to do Brahma Mudra And What Are Its Benefits?
Brahma mudra is an extremely important mudra of yoga. Its regular practice not only gives you freedom from depression but[...]