Most of us strive for the well-shaped and toned abdomen. It is a sign of great body and health. Also, for diabetic people, there are many yogic postures which are recommended. To get a great abdominal region and controlling diabetes, Mandukasana, or Frog Pose is an excellent yoga pose. It tones the entire abdominal region and tones the organs in this region. Mandukasana, in Sanskrit, means, Manduk which stands for Frog and Asana which stands for Pose. In the final position of this asana, the posture of the practitioner resembles a frog. This asana has various variations and owing to this, we have mentioned how to practice this asana along with its benefits.
You Can Also, Read- Bakasana | Uttanasana Yoga | Cat Yoga Pose Steps | Dhanurasana | Sukhasana |Downward Facing Dog | Gomukhasana | Trikonasana | Bitilasana | Bhujangasana | Balasana | VkrasanaYoga | Half Moon Pose | Virabhadrasana
How To Do Mandukasana
- First, you need to sit in Vajrasana which is also known as thunderbolt pose. It is a simple kneeling pose.
- Now, with your hands, make a fist with the thumb tucked well inside your four fingers.
- Place your fists on the abdomen region on both sides of your navel.
- Now exhale and start pulling the abdomen inside slightly. After this, bend forward slowly and start pressing the navel with your fists.
- Keep your back as straight you can get, and keep looking forward in your bend position.
- Now keep the breath well outside in this pose and maintain it for a period of time which is comfortable for you.
- Now to release this pose, inhale and then slowly raise your trunk up to the kneeling pose and bring your hands back to your sides and then relax.
- Repeat this process for 4-5 times.
7 Best Benefits of Mandukasana( Frog Pose)
- It tones all of the organs that are situated in the abdominal region which also include the stomach.
- It improves pancreas and is quite beneficial for people suffering from diabetes.
- It also helps in relieving constipation.
- It also helps in reducing the extra belly fat along with extra fat on the waist as well as thighs, hence help in reducing weight.
- It improves excretory as well as digestive functions.
- It provides a good stretch to the muscles of the back.
- It helps in relieving the pain in the legs, knees, and ankles.
Contraindications for Mandukasana
- People who are suffering from back pain shouldn’t practice forward bending poses in general. Hence they should avoid this asana.
- Those who have any type of knee or hips injury should also avoid this asana.
- People suffering from ulcer should avoid mandukasana.
- Pregnant women shouldn’t do this asana.
- In case the practitioner had any surgery recently of the chest, abdomen, legs or knees, he/she shouldn’t do this pose.
Feb 02, 2023
Yoga After Eating: Simple Asanas For Digestion After Overeating
There are many yoga asanas in yoga that you can do after overeating or post-dinner, these sweet yoga poses help[...]
Jan 13, 2023
Apanasana (Knees-to-Chest Pose)- Steps, Benefits & Precautions
Knees to Chest Pose aka Apanasana performed in the supine position and is also a wonderful way to release the[...]
Jan 09, 2023
12 Surya Mantras: Surya Namaskar Mantra You Need to Know
Surya Namaskar is the best among Yogasanas. This practice alone is able to benefit the practitioner from the complete yoga[...]