Sucirandhrasana is an excellent practicing for cross-legged Supine poses as well as considered a warm-up yoga pose to prare the body for more intense yoga poses. Sucirandhrasana is one of the easiest yoga poses. that helps to prepare the body for gentle variations of King Pigeon Pose (Eka pada rajakapotasana) as well as Sugarcane Pose (Ardha Chandra chapasana). This gentle pose also prepares the body for seated Meditation and Savasana. It is also a good finishing pose for Vinyasa sequence before seated meditation.
“Practice the yoga daily, will yield
Because Life gives you only one chance”
The name Sucirandhrasana actually derived from the Sanskrit Language. it is a combination of three words, where Suci means ‘Needle’, Randhra means ‘Loop’, ‘Hole’ or ‘Eye of the Needle’ and Asana mean ‘Yoga Pose’. When you perform this asana you need to go your hands through the space between your knees, like a thread passing through the needle hole. that’s why it is also known as Eye of the Needle Pose.
The person who consistent practices of Eye of the Needle Pose becomes both young as well as attractive. it is a different one, which has numerous health benefits and the benefits of Sucirandhrasana that stretches the muscles around the hips and lower back.
Sucirandhrasana helps to open the Anahata chakra(heart chakra). the heart chakra increases self-esteem and feelings of love.
Now, let’s learn- how to perform Sucirandhrasana yoga pose in a step by step explanation, along with the Benefits and Precaution attached to the pose.
How to do Sucirandhrasana (Eye of The Needle Pose)
- To come in Sucirandhrasana first take the positions of Savasana, lie on your back and Keep your arms sides of you.
- Now, bend your knees to keeping the soles of feet are on the floor.
- After that lift the right foot off the floor, and bring close to your chest.
- Now bend your left knee and cross fold your left ankle over your right knee.
- Let the left knee relax away from your torso.
- Now, Insert your left hand between both legs and your right hand around the right leg.
- Clasp your both hands around the back of your right leg’s thigh. Make sure that your shoulder and head are on the ground.
- As you breathe out; try to keep your right knee nearer to the chest.
- You will feel a stretch on your right hips. To deepen the stretch pull the left knee towards the chest. The pressure at the hamstring and the upper thigh creates a deeper stretch of the hip and lower back.
- Contact your chin delicately and hold your eyes down to the inside line of your body.
- Hold this position as long as you can. while concentrating on your breathing.
- For beginners, stay in the final position of asana for about 30 seconds.
- Repeat it on the other side for an equal amount of time.
Benefits of Sucirandhrasana (Eye of The Needle Pose)
- Sucirandhrasana stretches the arms, neck, hips, upper back and shoulders.
- This pose Helps to calm the mind.
- Regular practice of Sucirandhrasana will
helpful l in reducethe body fat from our body, especially belly, arms, thighs, butts regions, thus it helps to keep our body posture.
- This asana is more beneficial in stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Sucirandhrasana also prepares the body for seated postures such a Savasana, Padmasana
- Eye of The Needle Pose Increases blood flow and circulation to the whole body.
- Regular practice of this asana will help to improve the flexibility in the spine and helps to make it straight and strong.
- It also helps to strengthen and prevent injury in the buttocks, abdomen, and spine.
- A lot of pressure on the thyroid gland in the neck
region,will improve the thyroid and pituitary gland.
- After the first trimester, pregnant women should avoid poses where you are flat on your back.
- Don’t perform Eye of the Needle pose in the hip, knee, shoulder, spinal or lower back injury.
- who are suffering from high or low blood pressure, should not practice this asana without any supervision.
- Persons suffering from any form of
herniashould be avoided this asana.