Surabhi Mudra is a very effective and powerful Mudra, also known as Kamdhanu mudra. This mudra paves the spiritual path by balancing Vata, Kapha, and Pitta – all three. It is difficult to use this mudra, but by adopting it in life, healthy and happy life can be achieved.
Ayurveda holds that all diseases are the result of the imbalance of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Kamadhenu or Surabhi Mudra is the only one that mitigates these three doshas.
Surabhi: The Daughter of the divine cow Kamadhenu
Surabhi means Kamadhenu cow. Hence it is also called Dhenu Mudra. The cow is a symbol of sattvic by which the mind is purified, sattvic.
Kamadhenu is a Sanskrit word, which means mother of cows. Surabhi means Kamadhenu cow. Kamadhenu is the divine cow. Those who live in heaven and fulfill our desires. Surabhi is the daughter of the divine cow Kamadhenu. Like a mother she fulfills our prayers.
The shape of this mudra represents the cow’s udder. so it’s called the cow mudra, Dhenu mudra, or Kamadhenu mudra.
The air element of one hand is the match of the sky element of the other hand. And when matching the earth element of one hand with the water element of the other hand, all these elements are benefited.
Steps To Do Surabhi Mudra or Kamadhenu Mudra
This Mudra is associated with a happy and healthy life. it is a yogic hand gesture that is one of the easiest mudras to perform in yoga.
- First of all, sit in any comfortable seating posture and place the hands with palm pointing upwards on the thighs or the knees.
- Meditation postures like Padmasana, Siddhasana, Swastikasana, Vajrasana, etc. are ideal for the practice of mudras.
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths with the awareness of the breathing process.
- Bring the hands in front of the chest and touch the tip of the little finger of the right hand with the tip of the ring finger of the left hand.
- Touch the tip of the little finger of the left hand with the ring finger of the right hand.
- After this, Touch the tip of the index finger of the right hand with the tip of the middle finger of the left hand.
- Touch the tip of the index finger of the left hand with the tip of the middle finger of the right hand.
- Maintain the position of this pose in front of the chest.
- While doing the posture, you need to take a deep and regular breath. Keep your mind focused on your breathing and mudra.
- While performing this action, you can sing any type of mantra in the mind.
- Removing all thoughts from the mind has to focus the mind only on OM.
- In addition, it should be practicing with both hands simultaneously.
- Do not decrease or increase the speed of breath from your side.
- Perform this pose for 35 minutes at a stretch every day or for 10 to 12 minutes three times a day.
You can practice this Mudra by standing in Tadasana Yoga (Mountain pose), otherwise sitting on a chair.
This mudra is beneficial for the body in many ways, it helps in curing various types of diseases, let us know the benefits of Surabhi mudra in detail.
Benefits of Surabhi Mudra (Wish-Fulfilling Mudra)
- Surabhi Mudra is the only currency that mitigates all three doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha). This awakens Kundalini Shakti.
- Surabhi Mudra stimulates the Manipura chakra (solar plexus) and helps to bring all five elements (Panch Tattva) into balance.
- This Mudra enhances digestive power and helps in reducing cholesterol.
- By practicing this mudra for 30 minutes daily for a month, helps to detoxify the body.
- Surabhi Mudra activates the third chakra Manipur Chakra (navel chakra). Which deals with creativity and self-esteem, thus promoting qualities.
- This mudra brings peace to the mind and keeps it focused and sharpen.
- Its regular practice awakens intuition in a person.
- However, practicing Mukula mudra in Meditation or in Pranayama could strengthen meditation power.
Things Keep In Mind
While performing Surabhi mudra the thumb should remain untouched the root of any of the fingers.
This mudra isn’t practiced while walking. Other than this, it can practice in sitting and standing poses, but don’t forget to keep your spine erect.
Mar 21, 2021
Helpful Yoga Mudras For Sleep: That Cures Insomnia And Improve Sleep
If you are also facing a lack of enough sleep, some mudras will help with this. The practice of constant[...]
Mar 12, 2021
7 Effective Yoga Mudras For Healing
You can make different yoga asanas with your hands, they are called 'Mudras' or hand gestures. It is said that[...]
Mar 06, 2021
How to do Brahma Mudra And What Are Its Benefits?
Brahma mudra is an extremely important mudra of yoga. Its regular practice not only gives you freedom from depression but[...]