About Udgeeth Pranayama (Chanting Breathing):
Udgeeth Pranayama is the simplest form of pranayama and very helpful in improving concentration. It is also known as Omkari Japa means chanting of Om.
In this one has to inhale and exhale slowly while chanting Om. While chanting Om, the O should be 3 times longer than the m. This can be practiced for 5 to 11 times daily.
The speed of respiration should be slow and subtle that you yourself may not be aware of its sound and even the piece of cotton placed in front of the nostril should not move by the effect of the air exhaled out. This pranayama is very helpful in relieving stress and depression.If this is practiced at bedtime, one will get peaceful sleep without any perverted dreams.
Initially in udgeeth pranayama the breath can be felt only in the nostrils but gradually it will be felt deep inside. Thus visualization of the breath and continuous chanting of Om will lead to dhyan automatically. Your mind will develop a feeling of concentration and body will be filled with the feeling of Om.
Benefits of Udgeeth Pranayama (Chanting Breathing):
1. It is very effective against hypertension.
2. It improves memory power and concentration.
3. It controls high blood pressure and disorder of kidneys.
4. It cures problems related to sleep and bad dreams.
5. It cures the problems related to nervous system.
6. It cures acidity.
7. It relieves tension, anger and anxiety.
8. It calms the mind and bring stability.
9. It improves the digestive system.
10. It reduces falling of hair, premature graying, appearance of wrinkles, and diminution of eye sight.
11. It helps in bringing natural glow on face.
Precautions Udgeeth Pranayama (Chanting Breathing):
1. Should be practised on an empty stomach.
2. Should not be practiced by pregnant women.
3. The inhalation and exhalation process should be slow and smooth.
4. The gap between food and this pranayama must be of 5 hours.
5. It is better to practice in fresh air.
“Practice Udeeth: Download today app 7pranayama from App store or Play store”
How to Start Udgeeth Pranayama (Chanting Breathing):
1. Sit in a padmasana pose. We advice you to sit up with your backbone straight. Keep a gentle smile on your face.
2. Breathe deeply through your nose till diaphragm is full with air.
3. Then exhale while chanting the word Om.
4. Make sure to keep the length of O three times that of m.
5. Choose a level of exercise, you can easily keep up with and breathe comfortably.
Set your value of inhale and exhale.
Ratio of Inhale and Exhale is 1:4 . And you can change it according to your capacity.
6. Close Your Eyes.
How Does It Works?
Press ‘Start’ to begin:
1. Take breath from both nostrils while the device vibrates.
2. Now start exhaling from both nostrils while chanting the letter O.
3. Now start exhaling from both nostrils while chanting the letter M.
4. Keep reciting ‘OOOM’ in the mind in the ratio 3:1 i.e 3 for letter O and 1 for letter M. Imagine that divine bliss is descending on you and that deep divine wisdom fills your entire being. Stop exhaling when the device vibrates again.
5. Repeat from Step 1.