The Virasana word is derived from the Sanskrit word. In Sanskrit, the meaning of “Vira” is champion, hero, man, chief and asana mean sit, posture. V
Hero Pose is just that basic seated yoga posture that is meant to focus the body and mind for Pranayama Yoga and Meditation. or even after a meal to aid with digestion and relieves gas. However, Virasana has several benefits like
The other seated asana such as the Padmasana(Lotus Pose) also used in Hero pose. It generally found in the Kids Yoga sequences and Hip Opening Yoga sequences. and also helps to activate the Sacral Chakra (Swadisthana Chakra), Root Chakra (Muladhara Chakra).
Virasana V/s Vajrasana
The difference between Vajrasana and Virasana is that; in Vajrasana there is no distance between one foot to another or you put the hips on the feet.
But in V
How To Do Virasana (Hero Pose)
- To enter this pose first sit on kneel down on the floor keep the knees closer together or perpendicular to the floor.
- The feet have enough space to sit between them (or slide your feet apart).
- Press the tops of the feet firmly on the floor (feet should be equally pressuring into the floor).
yourspalms top of the things.
- Being deep breathing. relax your shoulder, Pull in
yoursnavel. and spineshould be straight and tall.
- The crown of
headshould be looksstraight ahead. and during this position assuming that you are hero.
- In this position take normal breathe.
- Now hold the final pose from 30
secondto a minutes. gradually extend hold up to 5 minutes.
- To come out this position place the hands on the floor and press them, lifting the hips up, cross the ankle and extend your legs into Staff Pose (Dandasana).
- Performing it can be difficult for beginners, you can use the pillow or yoga
blocks betweenthe feet space. now you can place the hips on pillow. (Blocks depending on high you need to be)
- If you feel comfortable in this zone move on to Supta Virasana (Reclined hero pose).
Benefits of Virasana (Hero Pose)
- Hero pose is comfortable sitting pose for Mediations.
- Curing in knees rheumatic pains.
- Body stretch will be welcome.
- Cures the symposium of menopause.
- Hero pose not only improve digestion system but also helps in relieves gas.
- More practicing of the hero pose help in avoiding problems related to arthritis.
- This pose also helps in aids mental focus during Pranayama and Mediations.
- it improves the blood circulations.
- first aids for high blood pressure and asthma.
- It providing cooling the legs after athletes running.
- Decrees swelling and pain of the legs during pregnancy.
- It is not necessary that this asana should be done on an empty stomach.
- Avoid this asana in case you suffer from a thigh, ankles and, knee problem, or you had gone surgery in the knees recently.
- Pregnant women practice this asana if it doesn’t put pressure on the abdomen.
- If you have any kind of heart problems must be avoided this asana.
- If you have a headache during practicing this asana, should be avoided.
Mar 02, 2021
Top 5 Yoga For Scoliosis And Their Benefits
Are you looking for the best yoga for scoliosis that can Attempt to strengthen and reshape the spinal cord? If[...]
Feb 27, 2021
How To Do Savasana (Corpse Pose) And What are Its benefits?
It recommends that Savasana practice the end of yoga sessions to relax the whole body. This body posture is the same[...]
Feb 26, 2021
How to do Lolasana (Pendant Pose Steps) And What Are Its Benefits?
Lolasana or Pendant Pose is a hand-balancing and core-strengthening asana in modern yoga. it is one of the poses adopted[...]