The Virasana word is derived from the Sanskrit word. In Sanskrit, the meaning of “Vira” is champion, hero, man, chief and asana mean sit, posture. V
Hero Pose is just that basic seated yoga posture that is meant to focus the body and mind for Pranayama Yoga and Meditation. or even after a meal to aid with digestion and relieves gas. However, Virasana has several benefits like
The other seated asana such as the Padmasana(Lotus Pose) also used in Hero pose. It generally found in the Kids Yoga sequences and Hip Opening Yoga sequences. and also helps to activate the Sacral Chakra (Swadisthana Chakra), Root Chakra (Muladhara Chakra).
Virasana V/s Vajrasana
The difference between Vajrasana and Virasana is that; in Vajrasana there is no distance between one foot to another or you put the hips on the feet.
But in V
How To Do Virasana (Hero Pose)
- To enter this pose first sit on kneel down on the floor keep the knees closer together or perpendicular to the floor.
- The feet have enough space to sit between them (or slide your feet apart).
- Press the tops of the feet firmly on the floor (feet should be equally pressuring into the floor).
yourspalms top of the things.
- Being deep breathing. relax your shoulder, Pull in
yoursnavel. and spineshould be straight and tall.
- The crown of
headshould be looksstraight ahead. and during this position assuming that you are hero.
- In this position take normal breathe.
- Now hold the final pose from 30
secondto a minutes. gradually extend hold up to 5 minutes.
- To come out this position place the hands on the floor and press them, lifting the hips up, cross the ankle and extend your legs into Staff Pose (Dandasana).
- Performing it can be difficult for beginners, you can use the pillow or yoga
blocks betweenthe feet space. now you can place the hips on pillow. (Blocks depending on high you need to be)
- If you feel comfortable in this zone move on to Supta Virasana (Reclined hero pose).
Benefits of Virasana (Hero Pose)
- Hero pose is comfortable sitting pose for Mediations.
- Curing in knees rheumatic pains.
- Body stretch will be welcome.
- Cures the symposium of menopause.
- Hero pose not only improve digestion system but also helps in relieves gas.
- More practicing of the hero pose help in avoiding problems related to arthritis.
- This pose also helps in aids mental focus during Pranayama and Mediations.
- it improves the blood circulations.
- first aids for high blood pressure and asthma.
- It providing cooling the legs after athletes running.
- Decrees swelling and pain of the legs during pregnancy.
- It is not necessary that this asana should be done on an empty stomach.
- Avoid this asana in case you suffer from a thigh, ankles and, knee problem, or you had gone surgery in the knees recently.
- Pregnant women practice this asana if it doesn’t put pressure on the abdomen.
- If you have any kind of heart problems must be avoided this asana.
- If you have a headache during practicing this asana, should be avoided.
Jun 21, 2021
Yoga For Eyes: Effective Eye Yoga Poses For Better Vision
Many of the yoga postures specially designs to improve the functioning of the body parts. Similarly, Various poses are available[...]
Jun 20, 2021
Yoga For Schizophrenia: Yogasanas for Mental Illness
There isn't much scientific evidence about yoga for schizophrenia, but some small studies have led to the belief that yoga[...]
Jun 19, 2021
Yoga for fibromyalgia:6 pose try for Natural cure
If You have Fibromyalgia, Why Wait! Scroll down continue to read this article and learn more about the best poses[...]