Many of us suffer from aching shoulders and weak shoulder region. We all wish to have strengthened shoulder region which helps in performing our daily lifting and other tasks. Having great shoulders is a sign of healthy body. It is essential to make the shoulders strengthened to perform various functions without any pain or restraint. Yoga is a perfect method to improve your body. It also improves your muscles in different regions and strengthens the entire system. When it comes to shoulders, yogic postures can help you in a great deal. So, you can look at different yoga poses for strengthening your shoulders. Yoga for Shoulders will not only tone, strengthen and improve your shoulders but also help in relieving stress and pain in them. They will also help you in avoiding injuries to the shoulders. let us look at 7 simple yoga for shoulders
Bhujangasana or the Cobra pose is considered to be one of the versatile yoga postures which is good for health and strengthening of muscles. It is a great backbend which strengthens, flexes as well as tones the spines. It also makes the digestive system more effective and efficient. It is great yoga for shoulders pain.
Read More:- Bhujangasana
- It opens the shoulders as well as strengthen the arms.
- It tones the lower abdomen region organs.
- It regulates metabolism which balances the weight.
- It gives a good stretch to chest, abdomen and shoulders.
If you want to tone as well as strengthen the muscles of the shoulders, chest, thighs as well as back, all at the same time then you should do Kumbhakasna. It is essentially a plank pose which is an ultimate yoga for shoulders, core tightener as well as spine stretcher.
The shoulders are mobile joint, which connects the torso’s muscles and ligaments. It is due to this fact that makes it important to build strength in the shoulders.
Read More:- Kumbhakasna
- It is perfect for increasing the strength of the arms and the wrists,
- It also strengthens the shoulders and the spine muscles.
- It tightens the muscles in the abdominal region.
- It builds stamina as well as endurance.
3.Adho Mukha Svanasana
Adho Mukha Svanasana or Downward-Facing Dog is among the most recognized yoga postures which build the strength as well as the flexibility of the body while it stretches the entire body and a good yoga for shoulders. It is termed after the dog’s position which stretches its entire body.
Read More:- Adho Mukha Svanasana
- It energizes the body and helps strengthen the shoulders and the arms.
- It stretches the hamstrings, spine, calves and shoulders.
- It builds strength in legs and thighs.
Consisting of two words, Dhanu meaning bow and Asana meaning pose, Dhanurasana resembles a bow. In this particular pose, the thigh and abdomen represent the wooden part of the bow while the legs, as well as lower parts and arms, represent the bowstring. It is an effective yoga for shoulders pain.
Read More:- Dhanurasana
- It helps in opening up the chest, neck as well as the shoulders.
- It helps in widening along with opening the shoulders and neck.
- It tones the muscles of arms and legs.
- It increases the flexibility of the back.
- It also tones the belly.
Uttanasana has great effects on the body. It not just heals but also helps in rejuvenating the body. In this particular asana, the head is below the heart which allows the circulation of the blood in the head instead of the feet which gives the cells a great rush of oxygen which energizes them.
This asana completely stretches the back. It covers entire part from the feet’s soles to the leg’s back. It spans to the upper, middle and lower part of the back, going along to neck and then to the scalp, and then down to the forehead while it ends in eyebrows mid.
Read More:- Uttanasana
- It improves the flexibility of the shoulder and back muscles.
- It stretches the calves, hips and the hamstrings.
- It strengthens the knees and the thighs.
- It improves digestion and stimulates the kidneys and the liver.
This asana is the movement which comprises of forward bends along with back arches which give the back the entire movement that it requires. It makes the vertebrae more mobile and the movements of the thoracic, cervical as well as lumbar spine release all of the tension which is trapped in them. It is a good yoga for shoulders.
Read More:- Marjariasana
- It relieves tightness in shoulder and neck muscles.
- It strengthens the shoulders as well as wrists.
- This asana helps in toning the abdominal region while assist in getting rid of fat.
- It massages and activates the digestive organs and improves the process.
One of the best Yoga postures is Surya Namaskar also known as Sun Salutation. It is derived from Surya which means the Sun and Namaskar which means greeting the God Sun which is revered in Hindu culture. It is in honour of Sun god, and it assimilates the faith of its divine presence in our world and how it impacts our body and environment. Doing Surya Namaskar offers immense pleasure to the body as it helps in cleaning the body, mind as well as the soul.
Read More:- Surya Namaskar
- It is one of the finest modules for the overall development of body, mind and soul.
- Its regular practice helps in improving balance in the body.
- It strengthens the heat and also improves circulation of blood throughout the body.
- It stimulates respiratory system, abdominal muscles, spinal nerves, lymphatic system and other internal organs of the body
- It tones the shoulders, arms, wrists, hands, spine, back as well as leg muscles and helps in promoting the overall flexibility of the body.
These different yoga postures will help you in strengthening your shoulders and also assist you in avoiding injury in the shoulder region. They will also help in easing the shoulder pain and relieve from the tension built in the shoulder region and these are great yoga for shoulders.
Feb 21, 2024
Ardha Mandalasana (Half Circle Pose): Basics, Steps, Benefits & More
Ardha Mandalasana Yoga Pose is considered a Intermediate-level ground posture, it encourages the body to open up effectively for spiritual[...]
Feb 21, 2024
Hindolasana (Baby Cradle Pose): Basics, Steps, Benefits & More
Before beginning any yoga practice, make sure you warm up your body with a number of loosening or warm-up exercises[...]
Feb 21, 2024
Vrischikasana (Scorpion Pose): Basics, Steps, Benefits & More
Vrischikasana is an advanced yoga pose described in Yoga, which can be quite challenging. It's a combination of backbends and[...]