Everyone wants to attain height that attracts people. It is a desire that most of the people have especially those who are conscious about their height. To increase height, many people take medicines and sometimes go for surgery. But it can have negative effect on body and can cost a lot. There are few Yoga poses which can assist you in increasing your height which are mentioned below. Let’s have a look at Yogasana for height
1.Adho Mukha Svansana
AdhoMukhaSvansana is also known as Downward-Facing Dog which is among the most popular asanas in Yoga practices. It can be challenging for beginners initially, but with time it becomes one of the best ones for relaxation and strengthening of the body. For many reasons, this asana provides a wide range of benefits for the body which comprise of many physiological systems.
- It stretches out the muscles of the body as well as improves the circulation of the blood which is ideal for increasing height.
- It also increases circulation of the lymph system. It nourishes as well as revitalize the cells all over the body and cleanse waste products.
- It expands the chest region and strengthens the lungs which enable better respiratory function.
- For a person with sciatic pain, this asana elongates all of the muscles that are running along the legs’ back which releases the tightness and leads to pressure on nerves of sciatic.
- It builds strength that develops tone all across the body length through this pose. It also builds muscles in the shoulder region, arms, as well as the abdominal region. It also builds muscles along the back and all the way down to the thighs and calves.
- It stretches as well as decongests the spinal column which helps in increasing height of the body.
Sarvangasana comes from Sarv meaning all, anga meaning body part and asana meaning posture. It is a shoulder stand, and its name indicates the influence on the functioning of different parts of the body. It is quite beneficial for the maintenance of mental as well as physical health.
- This posture exerts direct pressure on the pituitary gland which is essential for height growth.
- It improves the fresh blood supply to legs and abdomen as well as the whole circulatory system. The blood supply to the head region which includes eyes, nose, throat and ears is improved which improves their functioning. It also increases circulation of the pelvic and abdominal area, improves nose, ear and throat ailments.
- It increases the lung capacity as the diaphragm needs to act against the gravity which helps in abdominal respiration and hence it is helpful in asthma treatment. Toxins in respiratory system are removed which improves the respiratory system.
- It detoxifies the body due to the improvement of efficiency of body organs which leads to anti-ageing effects and youthfulness.
- It normalizes the entire body weight due to the effect it causes on the thyroid.
- It leads to increase in flexibility of neck with the toning of nerves passing across the neck.
This asana comes from trikona meaning triangle and asana meaning pose. It resembles a triangle. It is also known for stretching the muscles as well as improving the bodily functions. Unlike other asanas, it needs you to keep the eyes open when you practice it in order to maintain balance.
It is a combination of many essential elements. It gives strength and stability to the legs as well as feet along with the expansion of the torso which stimulates the growth of height of the body. It stretches out arms and legs which create evenness in the body. As the practitioner balances the legs, torso and arms, the mind also becomes steady and even.
- It offers strength to back along with lower back of the body which is essential for height growth.
- It leads to the strengthening of ankles, knees, chest, legs and arms.
- It stretches and opens up the hips, groins, calves and hamstrings completely, along with the chest, shoulders and spine.
- It increases mental and physical stability.
- It improves the digestive system and stimulates all of the abdominal organs.
- It assists in reducing back pain as well as sciatica. It also helps in therapy for osteoporosis, flat feet, infertility and neck pain.
- It helps in reducing stress and also cures anxiety.
4.Standing Forward Bend (Hastapadasana)
It is quite a powerful stretch pose and has amazing and great benefits and effects on the body. It heals as well as rejuvenates the body. In this asana, the head is situated below the heart which allows the circulation of blood in the lead instead of the feet which gives a rush of energized oxygen to the cells. It stretches the back of the body in its entirety.
It covers almost every part of the body, from the feet’s soles to the back of the leg. It spans to lower to mid and the upper part of the back, to the entire neck region and goes all the way up to head scalp and then down to the forehead and then ends in between the eyebrows. It stretches the expanse of the entire muscles as well as connective tissues.
- It stimulates nervous system which is effective in increasing height.
- It gives stretch to back, calves, hips and hamstrings.
- It calms down the mind and helps in relieving anxiety. It helps in quietening the mind.
- It helps in relieving headaches as well as insomnia.
- This particular bend gives a good massage to digestive organs which leads to improvement of digestion.
- It activates the kidneys and the liver.
- It strengthens the thighs and the knees.
- It assists in curing high blood pressure, infertility, asthma, osteoporosis and sinusitis.
5.Bhujangasana – Cobra Pose
This asana is quite easy when it comes to learning it. Just lie down on the belly and place the face in a manner that chin touches the ground. Place the hands close to the body while the palms are touching the floor. Keep the legs as straight as you can and press your palms as firm as you can against the floor. While inhaling, straighten the arms and lift your chest followed by your upper back. It is an essential asana when it comes to the strengthening of back muscles, arms and shoulders. It is derived from Cobra the snake, and asana, the pose. Perform this posture to stimulate the growth of the body.
- It works on the abs as well as upper back along with the lower back muscles.
- It stretches the shoulder, abdominals and chest muscles.
- It decreases the lower back’s stiffness.
- It leads to the strengthening of arms as well as shoulders.
- It increases the flexibility of the body.
- It firms as well as tones the buttocks and stimulates the organs present in the abdomen.
- It opens the chest, helping in clearing the lungs’ and heart’s passage
- It improves blood and oxygen circulation throughout the pelvic and spinal region.
- It improves digestion by improving digestive organs.
- It strengthens the spine and also soothes sciatica. It also helps in easing the asthma symptoms
This asana is also known as cat pose which is derived from Marjari meaning cat and asana meaning pose. It is the movement which combines the forward bends along with back arches which gives the back the entire movement that it requires. The vertebrae become more mobile and the movements of thoracic, cervical and lumbar spine release entire tension which is trapped in them. The back and forth movements assist in circulation of spinal fluids which help in strengthening the spine. The limbs muscles are activated and provide the strength and energy in order to work better.
- In this asana, the spinal cord gets completely extended in both backward and forward directions which assist in increasing the height.
- It stretches, as well as strengthens along with the addition of flexibility to the spinal region.
- It strengthens the shoulders and wrists.
- It massages and activates the digestive organs and improves their processes.
- It helps in toning the abdomen while assisting in getting rid of pockets of fat present unnecessarily.
- It improves the oxygen and blood circulation in the entire body.
- This stretch relaxes the mind and hence removes the strain and stress.
Surya Namaskar or also known as Sun Salutation is quite an ancient technique which is meant to pay respect as well as express gratitude to the life-giving Sun. It is a great yoga practice which tones the entire body and helps in rejuvenating it. It strengthens the entire body and improves body posture.
- With 12 different asanas, it works wonders in increasing the height of the body as it stretches the entire body.
- It improves the blood circulation. The active process of both inhalation and exhalation, the lungs get completely ventilated, and the blood remains oxygenated.
- It detoxifies the body and helps in getting rid of excess toxic gases and carbon dioxide.
- If done in fast pace, it is a beneficial cardiovascular workout which stretches the muscles of the abdominal while reducing excess weight which is around the stomach simultaneously.
- It tones arms, abs as well as give flexibility to the spine. It strengthens the complete skeletal system which also includes the ligaments.
- It has anti-anxiety as well as calming properties. It helps in improving memory along with the nervous system.
- It stabilizes the endocrine and thyroid gland activity.
May 14, 2021
Amazing Benefits of Yoga for Tennis Players
Practicing Yoga by tennis players can be an important foundation, as yoga has greater flexibility, joint mobility, and stability for[...]
May 13, 2021
Yoga For Senior Citizens: 7 Valuable Yoga Poses For Elderly
Yoga practice has been an infallible practice to keep us healthy for thousands of years. There is no natural way[...]
May 12, 2021
Stretch The Wrists With Yoga For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Wrist Tendonitis
Vinyasa poses or even Mudra (hand gestures) assigned to yoga groups can be done to reduce carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist[...]