There are lots of yoga poses to improve the body and muscles strong, but the best one is Yoga Mudrasana, which gives you some additional benefits. However, the pose belongs to the group Lotus Pose, But again, this is a challenging pose and is not suitable for beginners as the base position for this pose is Padmasana.
This deep forward bend pose is also known as Yogic Seal Pose and Psychic union pose. This asana has been used for centuries by yogic sages to awaken the inner Self and mental vitality.
Yoga Mudrasana Meaning
The word “Yoga Mudrasana” is derived from the two words – yoga means -awareness and mudra means -seal or symbolic connotation. Yoga Mudra thus is the “seal of awareness”.
The Cultural asana- Yoga Mudrasana represents the symbol of yoga. The ideal Yoga Mudrasana has lots of demand for stability in the lower body and flexibility in the knees, ankles, and hip joints.
The Yoga Mudrasana is a seated forward bending yoga and the finest anti-aging asana, practiced by those who wish to retain their youthfulness. “Apart from this, it provides spiritual awareness by focusing on the Solar Plexus Chakra or Manipur Chakra and also awakens kundalini.
It is a forward bending asana and hence should be followed by a backward bending asana as a counterpose. There are both beginner and advanced versions of this posture since its full expression requires extreme flexibility in almost every limb of the body.
Let’s move towards the quick facts, steps, precautions, and benefits of Yoga Mudrasana
Yogic Seal Pose Quick Facts
Sanskrit Name: Yoga Mudrasana
English Name: Yoga Symbol Pose or Yoga Seal Pose
Psychic Union Pose
Meaning: yoga means “awareness”; mudra means “seal”; and asana means “pose” or “posture.”
Pose Level: Advanced
Pose Position: Sitting
Targets: Lower body
Pose Type: Stretch, Forward Bending, Balance
Stretches: arms, shoulders, chest, back, neck, hips, pelvis, and knees
Stimulates chakra: Manipura (solar plexus) chakra
How to do Yoga Mudrasana (Yogic Seal Pose)
- To enter Yoga Mudrasana, first of all, you need to sit in Padmasana or Sukhasana. Relax the body breathing normally.
- Now, hold your hands behind with the fingers interlocked. Focus at one point straight ahead, and breath normal.
- For other variations hold the wrist of the right hand with the left hand.
- Take a deep breath.
- After this, as you exhale slowly bend the torso in the forward direction, and try to touch the floor in front of you with the forehead or the nose.
- Make sure your spine must be straight.
- If it’s not possible, go as far as it is comfortable without any strain. don’t force the body.
- In the final position, breathing normally concentrate on the whole body and relax with your awareness in the nostrils.
- Maintain the final position, for 2 or 3 minutes as feel as comfortable to you.
- To come out from Yoga Mudrasana, lift the forehead and while inhaling slowly raise the torso to the upright position coming back into Padmasana. and inhale while returning to the starting pose.
The following are the preparatory poses that are to be performed before Yoga Mudra Asana.
Follow up poses
Benefits of Yoga Mudrasana (Yogic Seal Pose)
- Yoga Mudrasana is an excellent pose for the abdominal organs, that helps in getting rid of constipation, is useful in gastric conditions. and improves the digestion system.
- To do this, you have to tilt your head down, which brings fresh blood to your head, it calms the brain, and relieves anxiety, stress, and mild depression.
- The Yoga Mudra Asana helps to bring enhanced flexibility to the spine, back, arms shoulder, and hips.
- It provides spiritual awareness by focusing on the Solar Plexus Chakra or Manipur Chakra.
- The Yoga Mudrasana helps to get rid of dysentery and stomach pain.
- The yogic seal pose increases mental concentration and elevates the overall balance of the body.
- It helps to prevent sagging of the uterus and postnatal laxities.
- Practicing Yoga Mudra Asana regularly can help to prevent lung problems such as asthma.
- This asana is best to increase blood supply to the head.
- It also helps to cure male infertility problems.
- Lumbar pain will be alleviated.
- Performing Yogic Seal Pose reduces all menopausal and menstrual disorders.
- People whose has navel displacement or move away from its place. They must do this asana. By doing this, along with the navel, other abdominal organs get strength. They remain stable in their place and continue to work smoothly.
Precautions and contraindications
- Try this pose with a licensed yoga practitioner.
- According to the experts, this asana is considered best when yogis practice early in the morning. Mornings are preferred as the food is digested as well as the body has the energy to perform the asana. Due to some reason, you cannot practice it in the morning, you can practice this asana in the evening as well. But at least keep a 3-5 hour gap between your practice and meal.
- People who have an ankle, knee, or shoulder injury, should never practice Yoga Mudrasana.
- Pregnant women must consult a doctor before practicing the yoga Mudrasana pose.
- If you suffer from sciatica, uncontrolled high blood pressure, or any type of serious abdominal ailment, then consult your doctor before practicing this asana.
- Women who recently gave birth to a child or pre-delivery period should not practice this asana.
- If you have chronic heart conditions avoid the practice of this asana.
- Never overstretch your limits while practicing this asana.
Yogamudrasana massages the abdominal muscles, it also cures minor and major diseases occurring in different parts of the stomach. It proves to be very beneficial, especially in cases of constipation and indigestion. It also nourishes the spinal cord. Creating flexibility in the nerves attached to the spine makes their functioning more smooth and improves health.
Nov 09, 2022
Donkey Kicks Yoga Pose – The Best For Beginners
The traditional execution of the Donkey kicks exercise is the best for beginners. This move targets and tightens your rear[...]
Nov 08, 2022
Yoga For Calves Fat: Lower Body Yoga Excercise
Yoga counts as more physical activity, especially doing yoga for weight loss is a great way, your best bet when[...]
Nov 05, 2022
Balancing Yoga Poses For Beginners
Balancing yoga asanas or balancing yoga postures is a pose in which you balance on one leg, or balance using[...]