There are lots of yoga poses to improve the body and muscles strong, but the best one is The Yoga Mudrasana, which brings you some additional benefits. Also called Yogic Seal Pose and Psychic union pose, this asana has used for centuries by yogic sages.
The word “Yoga Mudrasana” is derived from the two words – yoga means -awareness and mudra mean -seal. Yoga Mudra thus is the “seal of awareness”.
The Cultural asana- Yoga Mudrasana represents the symbol of yoga. The ideal Yoga Mudrasana has lots of demands of stability and flexibility in knees, ankles and hip joints.
The Yoga Mudrasana is a forward bending and the finest anti-aging asana that practiced by those who wish to retain their youthfulness. “Apart from this, it provides spiritual awareness by focusing on the Solar Plexus Chakra or Manipur Chakra.
It is a forward bending asana and hence should be followed by a backward bending asana as a counterpose. There are both beginner and advanced versions of this posture since its full expression requires extreme flexibility in almost every limb of the body.
Let’s move towards the steps, precautions, and benefits of Yoga Mudrasana
How to do Yoga Mudrasana (Yogic Seal Pose)
- To enter Yoga Mudrasana, first of all, you need to sit in Padmasana or Sukhasana. Relax the body breathing normally.
- Now, hold your hands behind with the fingers interlocked. Focus at one point straight ahead, breath normal.
- For other variations hold the wrist of the right hand with the left hand.
- Take a deep breath.
- After this, as you exhale slowly bend the torso in the forward direction, and try to touch the floor in front of you with the forehead or the nose.
- Make sure your spine must be straight.
- If it’s not possible, go as far as it is comfortable without any strain. don’t force the body.
- In the final position, breathing normally concentrate on the whole body and relax with your awareness in the nostrils.
- Maintain the final position, for 2 or 3 minutes as feel as comfortable to you.
- To come out from Yoga Mudrasana, lift the forehead and while inhaling slowly raise the torso to the upright position coming back into Padmasana. and inhale while returning to the starting pose.
The following are the preparatory poses that are to be performed before Yoga Mudra Asana.
Follow up poses
Benefits of Yoga Mudrasana (Yogic Seal Pose)
- Yoga Mudrasana is an excellent pose for the abdominal organs, that helps in getting rid of constipation, useful in gastric conditions. and improves the digestion system.
- Favorable effects on calms the mind and cure stress and mild depression.
- The Yoga Mudra Asana helps to bring enhanced flexibility to the spine, back, arms shoulder and the hips.
- It provides spiritual awareness by focusing on the Solar Plexus Chakra or Manipur Chakra.
- The Yoga Mudrasana helps to get rid of dysentery and stomach pain.
- The yogic seal pose increases mental concentration and elevates the overall balance of the body.
- It helps to prevent sagging of uterus and postnatal laxities.
- Practicing Yoga Mudra Asana regularly can help to prevent lung problems such as asthma.
- This asana is best to the increases blood supply to the head.
- It also helps to cure male infertility problem.
- Lumbar pain will be alleviated.
Precautions and contraindications
- To try this pose with a licensed yoga practitioner.
- According to the experts, this asana is considered best when yogi practiced early in the morning. Mornings are preferred as the food is digested as well as the body has the energy to perform the asana. Due to some reason, you cannot practice it in the morning, you can practice this asana in the evening as well. But at least keep a 3-5 hour gap between your practice and meal.
- People who have an ankle, knee and shoulder injury, should never practice Yoga Mudrasana.
- Pregnant women must consult a doctor before practicing yoga Mudrasana pose.
- If you suffer from sciatica, uncontrolled high blood pressure, or any type of serious abdominal ailment, then consult your doctor before practicing this asana.
- Women who recently gave birth to a child or pre-delivery period should not practice this asana.
- If you have chronic heart conditions avoid the practice of this asana.
- Never overstretch your limits while practicing this asana.