Setu Bandhasana is a Sanskrit word derived where Setu means bridge, Bandha means to lock and Asana means posture. It is the important supine yoga poses which are helpful in the treatment of thyroid, back pain, neck pain, problems related to the nervous system and many more. It is effective in relaxing the body and reducing stress.
How to do Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose) Yoga
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet together and keep your arms alongside the body and palms on the ground. Breathe normally.
2. Now exhale and lift your hips towards the ceiling while keeping your palms and feet on the floor.
3. Now slowly move your hands above your head while inhaling.
4. Remain in this pose for about 30-60 seconds and inhale normally.
5. Bring your hands in their original position while inhaling.
6. Again lie you back on the ground while exhaling.
“Practice Setu Bandhasana: Download today app 7pranayama from App store or Play store”
10 Benefits of Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose):
- It strengthens the back muscles.
- It gives a good stretch to the chest, neck, and spine.
- It helps to remove both belly and body fat.
- It helps in regulating the thyroid gland.
- It helps to reduce stress.
- It improves blood circulation.
- It improves digestion.
- This yoga pose reduces the fat from neck muscles.
- It works on expansion of lungs thus good for asthma.
- It calms your brain and central nervous system which helps alleviate stress and mild depression.
Precaution Bridge Pose
- Should be practiced on an empty stomach.
- Should not be done if suffering from back or neck injuries.
- Legs and feet should be parallel.
- Do not do this pose if having a knee injury.
- Should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Come out of the pose even if a little strain is observed.
Mar 20, 2021
5 Effective Yoga Poses For Irregular Periods
In modern times, most women have problems with menstruation and irregular periods due to poor lifestyles, lack of a clean[...]
Mar 18, 2021
How to do Sucirandhrasana And What are Its Benefits?
Sucirandhrasana is an excellent practicing for cross-legged Supine poses as well as considered a warm-up yoga pose to prare the[...]
Mar 12, 2021
How to do Chair Pose (Utkatasana) And What Are Its Benefits?
It is like sitting on an imaginary chair that it's called chair pose. Benefits of Utkatasana is also known as[...]