Setu Bandhasana is a Sanskrit word derived where Setu means bridge, Bandha means to lock and Asana means posture. It is the important supine yoga poses which are helpful in the treatment of thyroid, back pain, neck pain, problems related to the nervous system and many more. It is effective in relaxing the body and reducing stress.
How to do Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose) Yoga
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet together and keep your arms alongside the body and palms on the ground. Breathe normally.
2. Now exhale and lift your hips towards the ceiling while keeping your palms and feet on the floor.
3. Now slowly move your hands above your head while inhaling.
4. Remain in this pose for about 30-60 seconds and inhale normally.
5. Bring your hands in their original position while inhaling.
6. Again lie you back on the ground while exhaling.
“Practice Setu Bandhasana: Download today app 7pranayama from App store or Play store”
10 Benefits of Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose):
- It strengthens the back muscles.
- It gives a good stretch to the chest, neck, and spine.
- It helps to remove both belly and body fat.
- It helps in regulating the thyroid gland.
- It helps to reduce stress.
- It improves blood circulation.
- It improves digestion.
- This yoga pose reduces the fat from neck muscles.
- It works on expansion of lungs thus good for asthma.
- It calms your brain and central nervous system which helps alleviate stress and mild depression.
Precaution Bridge Pose
- Should be practiced on an empty stomach.
- Should not be done if suffering from back or neck injuries.
- Legs and feet should be parallel.
- Do not do this pose if having a knee injury.
- Should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Come out of the pose even if a little strain is observed.
Sep 22, 2022
The Guide to Yoga Class Etiquette – Tips For scholar Yogis
Whether you’re new to yoga, or you’re a well-tried yogi, it is essential to deem “what is yoga etiquette?” consists[...]
Sep 21, 2022
6 Poses of Yoga For Bipolar Disorder Management
Yoga is a viable treatment option for bipolar disorder. Testimony to survey responses from researchers suggests that while yoga for[...]
Sep 15, 2022
7 yoga asanas you should do everyday to burn extra calories
Yoga to burn extra calories is depending on several factors, including: the style of yoga you’re doingthe intensity and pace[...]