Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is the impressive mantra of Lord Shiva. It is one of the ancient and the most important Mantras in Indian mythology & spirituality. The benefits of the Maha Mrityunjaya mantra describes in many Puranas.
There are many mantras that devotes to Lord Shiva, but the Mahamrityunjaya mantra holds top position is one of them. Mahamrityunjaya Mantra is meant to please Lord Mahakal i.e. Lord Shiva and to get the boon from premature death from him. Chanting mantra also gives the devotees freedom from incurable diseases.
The word Mahamrityunjaya is a combination of three Hindi language words. The Hindi word ‘Maha’, which means great. ‘Mrityunjaya’ means death. and ‘Jaya’ means victory. which all means victory over death.
There is a legend of the origin of this mantra, which is associated with the grace of Lord Mahakal. it is identified with Shiva in Shaivism sect, also known as the Tryambakam Mantra. It addresses the Rudra avatar of Lord Shiva. It is also the great death-victory mantra, the famous and proven verse from the Rigveda. This mantra is known as dead Sanjeevani.
Origin Story Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
It founded by to sage Markanndeya and given by Lord Shiva. There is a short story behind this-
Markandeya Rishi, who composed the Maha mrityunjaya Mantra, was the son of ascetic and fiery Mrkand Rishi. After much penance, a son born to Mrikund Rishi but seeing the symptom of the child, the astrologers told his age to be only 12 years.
When Markandeya was 5-7 years old, his father told him about his young age. At the same time giving the mantra of worship of Shiva, he said that Shiva can free you from the fear of death. Then the boy Markandeya started worshiping Shiva by sitting in the Shiva temple. When the day of Markandeya’s death came, the messengers of Yamraj came to pick him up. But due to the effect of the mantra, he could not muster the courage to approach the child. He went and informed Yamraj. On this, Yamraj himself came to take Markandeya. On seeing Yamraj’s bloodshot eyes, terrible form, buffalo ride, and loop in hand, the boy Markandeya got scared and he embraced the weeping Shivling.
At the same time, Lord Shiva himself appeared. he got angry and said to Yamraj- how did you even think of punishing the devotee sitting in my shelter?
On this, Yamraj said – Lord, I am sorry. And went from there. This legend describes in the Markandeya Purana.
In this way, there is a story of the origin of this mantra, which is associated with the grace of Lord Mahakal.
Benefits of The Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
According to Shivpuran, reciting this mantra eliminates all the obstacles and troubles of human beings. Maha mrityunjaya mantra proves to be a life-long mantra as well as removes all negative and evil forces. Hence it knows as ‘Moksha Mantra’
Let’s know 20 Healing Benefits Of The Mahamrityunjaya Mantra.
- benefits of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra Chanting a person can overcome death. This mantra is a dead Sanjeevani. Any person who wishes to attain a long life should regularly chant this. Due to the effect of this mantra, the fear of premature death of man ends.
- Reciting the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra eliminates Manglik Dosha, Nadi Dosha, Kalasarp Dosha, Bhoot-Phantom Dosha, Disease, Nightmare, and many Doshas.
- By chanting the it daily, Lord Shiva’s grace always remains and every wish is fulfilled.
- To get rid of any kind of disease and on dreaming of a negative indicator, chant a hundred lakh mantras to get auspicious results.
- The most amazing benefit of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is in wealth and loss. Those who extend a life.
- According to astrology, if there is a sum of birth, month, transit, and planets being contrite in the condition, inner state, macrostate, etc., chanting of Maha Mantra is beneficial.
- In Sanatan Dharma Mahamrityunjaya Mantra is calls Prana Rakshak and Mahamoksha Mantra.
- Couples wishing to have a son should recite this Maha Mantra every morning and evening.
- Chanting Maha mrityunjaya mantra is always auspicious. if someone in the family gets an incurable disease or when there is very little chance of survival.
- There is a religious belief that by chanting the Maha mrityunjaya Mantra, Lord Shiva whose third eye is born by the powers of penance and meditation. It gives spiritual awareness experience.
- Chanting Mahamrityunjaya Mantra is beneficial even if there is a possibility of some kind of crisis and you are suffering from human loss or false accusation.
How to chant The Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
- The utterance of the Maha mrityunjaya Mantra should be completely pure.
- The best time to chant this mantra is between 4-6 am.
- Chant a certain number of times daily. Do not chant Kamantras in the following days, from the chants chanted in the previous day.
- The utterance of the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra should not come out of the lips.
- As long as the chanting of Maha mrityunjaya mantra is going on, incense and lamps should be kept burning.
- Chanting of Mahamrityunjaya Mantra facing east.
- It is mandatory to keep the idol, picture, Shivling or Mahamrityunjaya Yantra nearby.
- While chanting Maha mrityunjaya Mantra, one should keep anointing Lord Shiva lingam with milk.
- Mahamrityunjaya Mantra should be chant with the rosary of Rudraksha. Rudraksha represents Lord Shiva.
- The garland should be under in Gaumukhi. Do not take the garland out of the Gaumukhi until the number of chanting is complete.
Feb 24, 2021
What is Mantra and How to Chanting Mantra Correctly
A Mantra is essentially a sound or certain utterance of words or a syllable. Modern science looks at the entire[...]
Feb 18, 2021
Meditation: Getting Started with Mindfulness
According to the The Eight Limbs Of Yoga Sutras is mentioned by sage Patanjali, Meditation is considered to be the[...]
Feb 15, 2021
What is Chakra Meditation and How to Perform this?
While revolving around the Meditation world, Chakra Meditation is what we here near around that. There are a lot of[...]