In cuisine, spices are not mixed with sharpness but because of their therapeutic benefits. One such spice is clove, clove is a small spice but the benefits of cloves are so much that we are unaware of them, yet it is still being used.
The Scientific name of clove is Syzygium aromaticum.
It is Native spice from Indonesia these days cultivated whole world .
It is a spice with a different taste, which can be doubled in many types of dishes and tea. It is so popular that it is also called the “King of Spices”. Its properties are such that not only Ayurveda but also in medical disciplines like homeopathy and allopaths are also considered very important. Apart from its strong taste, clove is also famous for its health benefits.
Cloves, evergreen trees ( Syzygium Aromaticum ) have fragrant dry flower buds. It is used prominently in Asian countries. Cloves are native to the Maluku Islands of Indonesia. Cloves, like other spices originating in Asia, also have many medicinal properties. Not only clove buds but also clove oil is also used as a medicine in many diseases.
Cloves contain many nutrients that are beneficial to our health. Cloves are low in calories and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Calcium and Iron, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Magnesium and Manganese. (study)
Vitamins, minerals and derivative compounds are good in Cloves, which gives us many health benefits.
Health Benefits of Cloves
Clove works to enhance the taste with its aroma, while it also works to cure many diseases that have been bothering you for a long time. The antioxidants and antibacterial ingredients in it keep you healthy. Let us look at the 21 cloves benefits
- Cold and cough:- Cloves are warm in taste. Due to which cloves are mainly used to cure viral infections like colds. It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antioxidant, and antiseptic properties, which act to relieve colds and colds. (study)
- Toothache:- By taking clove flowers and clove extracts orally, bacteria in the mouth, and pathogens can be controlled. These bacteria are the major cause of various oral diseases. (study). According to one study, clove oil is very effective in removing dental problems. You can use clove oil to reduce toothache. In the affected area, give a light massage with clove oil. That’s why cloves are a major ingredient in most toothpaste.
- Digestive Health:- Cloves contain many digestive juices. It plays a major role in digestion. Also, the elements present in it kill the bacteria present in the stomach (study). This reduces the risk of any type of infection occurring in the stomach. To remove digestive problems, you can roast cloves, make powder or eat with honey.
- Bone Health:– Cloves contain calcium, vitamin-C, and magnesium which relieves pain in muscles and bones as well as reduces inflammation in them. It provides strength in bones and muscles. (study)
- Regulate Blood Sugar:- The compounds found in long are successful in controlling blood sugar. Clove extracts help control insulin and blood sugar levels in some ways. A study– Clove extracts suppressed increased blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetic mice.
- Relaxation in the respiratory:- The aroma of clove oil is so strong that sniffing it provides instant relief in problems like colds, phlegm, asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis, etc.
- Cardiovascular Diseases:– clove has the ability to prevent cardiovascular diseases such as heart attacks and strokes. Because it contains powerful phytonutrients that protect our body from these problems.
- Cancer:- The medicinal properties of cloves prevent tumors from growing and eliminate cancer cells. Clove is a great source of antioxidants, which protect us from inflammation and cancer. (study)
- Healthy Liver:- Cloves have high amounts of antioxidants. Due to their presence, the medicinal properties of cloves protect the liver from free radicals.
- Natural painkiller:- Clove is an excellent natural painkiller to reduce pain. Eugenol oil present in it is very beneficial in relieving toothache. It has antibacterial properties due to which it is now used in making various types of toothpaste, mouthwashes, and creams.
- Reduce Stress:- One benefit of clove is also to relieve stress. Clove works as an effective medicine in relieving stress-related problems. (study) Nutrients and minerals present in cloves control stress-causing hormones in the brain. If you want to relieve stress then drink clove tea.
- Headache:- You will be surprised to know that this is an effective remedy even in terrible pain like a migraine. Clove is effective like paracetamol in case of headache. (study)
- Arthritis:- This medicine is very old which has been going on for centuries. And we have also heard from my grandmother’s saying that the pain will disappear as soon as the clove is passed.
- Treatment of nausea:- Sometimes due to stomach problems, nausea and vomiting are the problem. The benefits of cloves are effective to get rid of this problem
- Boost immunity:- Due to its antiviral properties and its ability to purify the blood, it prevents many diseases. Apart from this, cloves are also found to have antioxidants that work to remove free radicals from the body.
- Acne and Pimple:- The antibacterial properties of clove extracts are helpful in reducing skin problems and preventing infection. In addition, the anti-inflammatory properties present in cloves help to reduce the inflammation of pimples present in the skin.
- Sexual:- It is believed that consuming cloves is beneficial for men’s sexual health. It can protect men from problems like early ejaculation when consumed regularly. the scent made using cloves in aromatherapy recommend for increase sexual power.
- Increasing Testosterone:- The use of clove is also helpful in increasing testosterone in men. According to studies, regular intake of cloves in very small amounts can increase the sexual ability of men.
- Get Rid of Tobacco:- Start chewing CLOVE to get rid of tobacco, this will reduce your brain’s desire to smoke and distract the brain.
- Antihistamine:- cloves buds extracts inhibit histamine release from mast cells in vitro. (study)
- Joint pain:- clove oil using for join pian since 13th century.
Uses Of Cloves
In Indian spices, cloves are used to enhance the taste and aroma of food. It is one of the common spices present in Indian kitchens, which are good not only for taste but also for health.
- You can gargle by mixing one teaspoon of clove powder in a glass of warm water.
- If you have a cough, chew it well by placing 2-3 cloves in the mouth.
- Grind 2 cloves and take it with one spoon of honey. It is beneficial in killing stomach worms.
- For asthma, take some amount of clove oil and massage it on the chest, throat and the area near the nose.
- You can make clove tea, for which you can break 3-4 cloves in a cup of water and boil them well for 5-6 minutes. You can also use a pinch of black salt to taste it. In this way, you can make clove tea. Use this tea in the morning and night.
- Grind the cloves and keep them in a clean handkerchief.
- Toast 2 cloves lightly and keep them in the mouth. Keep spitting saliva out. There will be a benefit in ulcers.
- If you want, you can also consume black tea by adding a clove.
If you are suffering from a serious physical problem, then consult a doctor before adopting the benefits of cloves for the health-related problems.
Mar 05, 2021
What is Rock Salt (Sendha Namak) And What Are Its Benefits?
Salt is considered the king of spices. It is a spice that is used in everything. Salt, rich in sodium[...]
Feb 05, 2021
Benefits of Yashtimadhu (Mulethi) for Skin, Hair, Health You Need To Know
Everything in the kitchen of the house has some quality, but some things have such quality, that has health benefits.[...]
Feb 02, 2021
11 Amazing Benefits of Aak Flower (Madar) | Aak Milk Benefits
The Madar plant is also known by other names such as Aka,' Ark 'and Akaua, etc. Madar plant is not[...]