Apart from Pranayama and Meditation in yoga, hand mudras also have a different identity. In which, keeping the hand in a special way, using the vital energy of the body, the desired benefit is taken. Also, physical and mental disorders can be overcome. For example, if the body is feeling colder or is troubled by an old nose, cough, or cold, then by doing yoga hand mudra- Linga mudra, you can drive away from the cold and can feel energetic. This symbolic hand gesture, which is associated with the first chakra, helps to create the fire element.
Linga mudra is a Sanskrit term for a hand gesture that represents Shiva, Supreme God. that is associated with the male phallus (the male genital organ). This mudra is a symbol of masculinity, hence it is called Linga mudra. It works by concentrating on the fire element inside the body.
Here we give a detail explanation about the Linga mudra and why it is important, benefits of Linga mudra and how to do and side effects also.
How to do Linga Mudra?
Linga Mudra is associated with the male phallus that performing together with meditation asanas. It is a yogic hand gesture that is considered the first form. In this mudra interlocking the palms but keeping the left thumb erect, pointing upwards. The thumb is the symbol of the fire element. This fire is reinforced by performing the Linga Mudra. It can be done anytime and anywhere. There are some simple steps that will explain how to do this Linga Hasta Mudra.
- First of all, sit in any comfortable seating posture and place the hands with palm pointing upwards on the thighs or the knees.
- Meditation postures like Padmasana, Siddhasana, Swastikasana, Vajrasana, etc. are ideal for the practice of mudras.
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths with the awareness of the breathing process.
- Now bring both hands in front of your body, clasp them, and interlocking the fingers.
- But keeping the left thumb erect, pointing upwards, and encircle it with the thumb and index finger of the right hand.
- Removing all thoughts from the mind has to focus the mind only on OM.
- In addition, it should be done with both hands simultaneously.
- Do not decrease or increase the speed of breath from your side.
- Perform this pose for 35 minutes at a stretch every day or for 10 to 12 minutes three times a day.
You can practice Linga Mudra by standing in Tadasana Yoga (Mountain pose), otherwise sitting on a chair.
Benefits of Linga Mudra (Mudra of Heat)
It is believed Mudra of heat has a lot of spiritual, mental, and emotional benefits.
- The mudra builds heat and energy and increases the fire element.
- Ling Mudra is practiced to increase heat in the body.
- You can reduce obesity by removing unnecessary calories of your body by using Linga mudra.
- The use of Linga mudra is beneficial in the case of excessive cold feeling or cold obstruction in the body.
- This mudra protects one’s celibacy.
- By regularizing this mudra, diseases of cold, cold, sinusitis, asthma and low blood pressure are destroyed.
- It strengthens the immune system also.
- By doing this mudra with Surya mudra, the flow of the menstrual cycle can be controlled.
This mudra also practices in a standing, sitting or lying down on a bed whenever. You can chant a mantra or switch words silently. No particular time duration for this mudra. Of course, All mudra is very effective when you do the mudras between 4-6 AM. To an excellent, the best and efficient results, make sure you practice regularly for two months.
However, all mudras are beneficial to us without any side-effects. pressure should not be applied on the finger. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable. As a result, nothing at all. Perform this mudra freely.
People who have problems with bile should not do this mudra. This posture should not be done for a long time in the summer season. In the case of acidity, fever and stomach ulcers should not perform this mudra.
Mar 21, 2021
Helpful Yoga Mudras For Sleep: That Cures Insomnia And Improve Sleep
If you are also facing a lack of enough sleep, some mudras will help with this. The practice of constant[...]
Mar 12, 2021
7 Effective Yoga Mudras For Healing
You can make different yoga asanas with your hands, they are called 'Mudras' or hand gestures. It is said that[...]
Mar 06, 2021
How to do Brahma Mudra And What Are Its Benefits?
Brahma mudra is an extremely important mudra of yoga. Its regular practice not only gives you freedom from depression but[...]