Rudra mudra is a yoga hand position, associated with the solar plexus or third chakra. It has powerful healing and energizing properties. When holding the hand in Rudra mudra, it activates the energy in Manipura chakra, which is the center of vitality also known as the Fire center.
The word Rudra has come from the Sanskrit language which means “howler” or “terror.” and this name also associated with the Hindu god, Shiva. God Rudra is a symbol of fire.
In scientific terms, Mudra is purposeful signify a gesture with hands, eyes, and the body. that has been used in the East for thousands of years. There are many types of health benefits you can get from this yoga mudra. A deep secret is hidden in Rudra mudra. The practice of which can leads to healing and longevity.
So let’s know the benefits of Rudra mudra and steps to do it.
Steps to do Rudra Mudra
This Mudra is associated with the Hindu lord Shiva. it is a yogic hand gesture that is one of the easiest mudras to perform in yoga. The ring finger is the symbol of the earth element that takes care of the earth element in the body. The index finger is the symbol of the air element that takes care of the air element in the body. It can be done anytime and anywhere. There are some simple steps which will explain how to do Rudra Hasta Mudra:
- First of all, sit in any comfortable seating posture and place the hands with palm pointing upwards on the thighs or the knees.
- Meditation postures like Padmasana, Siddhasana, Swastikasana, Vajrasana, etc. are ideal for the practice of mudras.
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths with the awareness of the breathing process.
- Now fold your ring and index finger, press both fingers with your thumb. You may feel some pain. But that does not last long.
- As the picture show.
- The rest of the two fingers (middle and small) should be kept extended as much as possible.
- In addition, it should be done with both hands simultaneously.
- Perform this pose for 35 minutes at a stretch every day or for 10 to 12 minutes three times a day.
It is not necessary for doing this at an empty stomach. You may also practice this mudra with a full stomach. This mudra also practices in a standing, sitting or lying down posture.
Benefits of Rudra Mudra
- Rudra Mudra is a wonderfully applicable mudra. that provides energy and makes us fit.
- This mudra also increases the fire element in the body.
- This yoga mudra is not less than a boon for you. If you are also troubled by being overweight due to being obese then Rudra Mudra is very beneficial for you.
- It has a profound effect on our body, soul, and mind, it keeps you healthy and also prolongs your age.
- This mudra is associated with the third chakra, which is associated with personal transforming power.
- It is best therapeutic for low blood pressure
- The fire element of Rudra Mudra enhances digestive power and helps in reducing cholesterol.
- It acts as an energy booster.
- This mudra brings peace to the mind and keeps it focused and sharpen.
- Its regular practice awakens intuition in a person.
- This Mudra helps to relive dizziness also.
Rudra mudra also practices in a standing, sitting or lying down on a bed whenever. You can chant a mantra or switch words silently. No particular time duration for this mudra. Of course, All mudra is very effective when you do the mudras between 4-6 AM. To an excellent, the best and efficient results, make sure you practice regularly for two months.
However, all mudras are beneficial to us without any side-effects. But no pressure should be applied on the finger. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable. As a result, nothing at all. Perform this mudra freely.
Mar 21, 2021
Helpful Yoga Mudras For Sleep: That Cures Insomnia And Improve Sleep
If you are also facing a lack of enough sleep, some mudras will help with this. The practice of constant[...]
Mar 12, 2021
7 Effective Yoga Mudras For Healing
You can make different yoga asanas with your hands, they are called 'Mudras' or hand gestures. It is said that[...]
Mar 06, 2021
How to do Brahma Mudra And What Are Its Benefits?
Brahma mudra is an extremely important mudra of yoga. Its regular practice not only gives you freedom from depression but[...]