It is no exaggeration to say that water is a very essential element for the human body. 70 percent of the human body is made up of water element. There are five types of elements ( Agni (Fire), Vayu (Air), Akasha (Aether), Bhumi (Earth) and Jala (Water) ) in the human body, of which the water element is one. And if anyone element becomes unbalanced, the body is unable to function properly. Balancing these five elements is very important for humans body. According to Ayurveda, different yoga mudras have been given to keep these elements balanced. Mudra is a yogic hand gesture. By practicing Vayu Mudra, the balance of air remains in the body. And the Akash element is represented by the Shunya mudra, Agni element through the Agni mudra. Similarly, the water element is balanced through Varun Mudra. Such is the case of the Mudras.
In this paragraph, I’m going to discuss a few reasons why practice is important for Varun mudra.
The water element can be balanced with Varun mudra. If the body does not get water, not only the body becomes dry and the cells of the body also become dry. Moreover, The water element provides coolness and activity to the body. In consequence, Varun mudra increases the water element within the human body.
Varun is the Sanskrit word, it means Water and Mudra means a yogic hand gesture. it is the most popular hand gesture mudra, that can used for meditation as well as pranayama. Most importantly, Varun mudra one of a series of therapeutic mudras thought to have healing properties. also known as Jal–Vardhak mudra, which also comes from the Sanskrit, where Jal, meaning water, and Vardhak meaning “enhance.”
This mudra is placed by joining together the tips of the thumb and the little finger. Actually, the smallest finger of the hand is considered a symbol of the water element and the thumb of fire. So, mixing water elements and fire elements together change our health. However, This yoga Mudra has been practiced for years and people have been benefiting from it.
In conclusion, the following up explanation practice is Varun mudra.
How to do Varun Mudra (Mudra of Water)
Varun Mudra is associated with the water that performing together with deep breathing and meditation asanas. It is a yogic hand gesture that is performe by the small finger. The small finger is the symbol of the water element that protects the body from diseases cause by water. such as dehydration etc.and the thumb is the symbol of the fire element. When these two elements combine, the water element increases in a human’s body. It can practice anytime and anywhere. There are some simple steps that will explain how to do this Varun Hasta Mudra.
- First of all, sit in any comfortable seating posture and place the hands with palm pointing upwards on the thighs or the knees.
- Meditation postures like Padmasana, Siddhasana, Swastikasana, Vajrasana, etc. are ideal for the practice of mudras.
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths with the awareness of the breathing process.
- Now fold your small finger and tap the tip of the small finger to the tip of the thumb.
- The rest of the three fingers should be keep extended as much as possible.
- Removing all thoughts from the mind has to focus the mind only on OM.
- In addition, it should be practicing with both hands simultaneously. .
- Do not decrease or increase the speed of breath from your side.
- Perform this pose for 35 minutes at a stretch every day or for 10 to 12 minutes three times a day.
You can practice this Mudra by standing in Tadasana Yoga (Mountain pose), otherwise sitting on a chair.
This mudra is beneficial for the body in many ways, it helps in curing various types of diseases, let us know the benefits of Varun mudra in detail.
Benefits of Varun Mudra (Mudra of Water)
It is believing Varun mudra has a lot of spiritual, mental, and emotional benefits.
- Practicing Varun mudra is provide relief from a range of diseases and ailments that result from a lack of water in the body.
- Those who drink less water must practice this mudra. Because its regular practice removes dryness of the body.
- Prevents all types of diseases from dehydration.
- The practice of this mudra leads to healing and longevity.
- Also, prevents gastroenteritis and nerve pain and shrinkage.
- Regular practice of this mudra also purifies the blood and improves blood circulation in the body.
- Varun Mudra is helpful in removing skin disease and also makes the skin beautiful.
- In sour belching and constipation, this mudra is well-known.
- By practicing this mudra for 20 minutes daily for a month, the body remains flexible.
- It is best to practice this mudra in summer as it calms thirst.
- Convergence increases with calming the mind.
- The practice of this mudra provides relief from diseases like short urination (lack of urination), low semen (oligospermia), short menstruation, etc.
A Specialty of Varun Hasta Mudra
According to Acupressure therapy, the smallest finger of the left-hand controls the left part of the body and the smallest finger of the right-hand controls the right side of the body. The right and left parts of the body become healthy and powerful by the pressure of both. Massaging the little finger with the thumb in this pose balances strength.
This mudra also practices in a standing, sitting or lying down on a bed whenever. You can chant a mantra or switch words silently. No particular time duration for this mudra. Of course, All mudra is very effective when you do the mudras between 4-6 AM. To an excellent, the best and efficient results, make sure you practice regularly for two months.
However, all mudras are beneficial to us without any side-effects. pressure should not be applied on the finger. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable. As a result, nothing at all. Perform this mudra freely.
Those who have phlegm, bile, cold, cold or Snowphilia should not practice Varuna Mudra for a long time.
Mar 21, 2021
Helpful Yoga Mudras For Sleep: That Cures Insomnia And Improve Sleep
If you are also facing a lack of enough sleep, some mudras will help with this. The practice of constant[...]
Mar 12, 2021
7 Effective Yoga Mudras For Healing
You can make different yoga asanas with your hands, they are called 'Mudras' or hand gestures. It is said that[...]
Mar 06, 2021
How to do Brahma Mudra And What Are Its Benefits?
Brahma mudra is an extremely important mudra of yoga. Its regular practice not only gives you freedom from depression but[...]