Apart from adopting a healthy lifestyle, yoga poses are helpful in improving your health and reducing heart-related problems. Apana Yoga Mudra is a well-known mudra for improving heart health which is associated with alleviating the symptoms of cardiovascular diseases. In addition, the benefits of Apana Vayu mudra for heart prevent recurrence of heart attacks.
It is a very special and effective mudra practice which is a seal made with one or both hands to help us connect and expand our prana in a particular way.
In this article, we will learn how to practice Apana Vayu mudra for heart-healthy.
What is Apana Vayu Mudra?
Apana Vayu Mudra is in the category of therapeutic yoga mudra and is sometimes known as Mrit Sanjeevani Mudra (which brings life from death).
In this mudra, two mudras are applied simultaneously – Vayu mudra and Apana mudra. Hence its compound name is – Apana Vayu Mudra. It is mostly concerned with benefits in HEART ATTACK and reduces heart heaviness as well as healing heart-related diseases.
Apana Mudra – Apana mudra keeps the circulation of oxygen better in the arteries and this mudra also increases the digestive power. This mudra increases the element of fire and earth, hence it is also known as heart mudra. Performing this mudra at the time of sudden heart attack gives immediate benefit to the patient.
Vayu Mudra – Vayu mudra helps us in reducing the increased gas in the stomach. It is formed by joining the tips of the thumb to the tip of the index finger and induces relaxation.
How to Perform Mudra for Heart (Apana Vayu Mudra)?
- For Apana Vayu Mudra, first of all, you should spread a mat or yoga mat on the ground.
- Sit on it in Padmasana or Siddhasana. Or you can sit on a chair in a comfortable position.
- Make sure that your spine is straight.
- Place both your hands on your knees and the palms should be towards the sky.
- Now bend the index finger of your hand and put it in the root of the thumb.
- Touch the first tip of the middle and ring fingers with the first tip of the thumb and press lightly. And let the little finger remain straight.
- Keep your eyes closed and breathe normally.
- Focus on your heart chakra.
- Keep your mind focused on your breathing and posture.
- While inhaling and exhaling, you can chant beej mantra Or you can also chant Om for enhancing your concentration.
- While doing this, breathe and exhale for about 20 to 30 times.
- Now try to focus on your mind. While doing this exercise, you need to do this asana by being focused. Only after that you can feel the energy in your body.
- Stay in this mudra for at least 15 minutes.
- After the prescribed time of practice, slowly open your eyes.
- Separate your hands and bring them back to your thighs or knees.
- Relax and breathe freely.
Time or duration of apan vayu mudra
1 Apanavayu Mudra can be done for 30-45 minutes a day.
2 It is considered best to practice this mudra at sunrise, in the early hours of the morning.
3 It can be done on an empty stomach or after a meal. But for better results, it should be practiced on an empty stomach.
4 If you are doing it after a meal, give a time interval of 45-60 minutes.
5 This can be done while standing, sleeping, or walking. But it is beneficial and effective when you practice this mudra along with yoga.
Benefits Apana Vayu Mudra For Heart
Apana Vayu Mudra is very helpful in many positive physical and mental changes.
Apana Vayu Mudra has a very good effect on our hearts. This mudra helps in redirecting the prana towards the heart, while also reducing the chances of people having a heart attack.
By activating the parasympathetic nervous system, it helps to remove any blockage in the blood vessels, thereby managing any cardiac problems.
This mudra helps in reducing toxins from the body. Due to this, all the waste materials will come out of your body. It also helps in reducing acidity.
Problems like Vata, Pitta, and Kalpa can be cured by doing Apana Vayu Mudra. At the same time, problems related to the digestive system of the body can also be cured.
It also gives relief from gout-related problems. At the same time, the body gets rid of abnormal air, gas, stomach pain, anal disease, acidity including heartburn and gas-related problems.
Beneficial in all diseases of the nervous system and nervous system.
Our body is made up of five elements. The balance of these five elements, our life also remains balanced. If you are feeling an imbalance of the air element present in the body, then fire, earth, space, and air are brought together by Apana Vayu Mudra. This pose is quite easy to do. It can be done anywhere.
Nov 30, 2023
Shanti Mudra (Gesture of Peace): Steps To Do And Benefits
The Shanti Mudra, often associated with the Prana Mudra, holds a revered place in various spiritual practices, especially in yoga[...]
Nov 30, 2023
Bhairava Mudra: Steps, Benefits
Bhairava mudra is the most important part of meditation yoga. Meditation is the ancient science of yoga that provides a[...]
Nov 30, 2023
Pushan mudra (Mudra of Nourishment) | Steps| Benefits
Mudras are believed to channel the flow of energy in the body and promote various physical and mental health benefits.[...]