The special posture of yoga is – Balasana, The number of people doing it has increased considerably in last few years. Countless people are taking advantage by doing it. Even the beginners’ people are enjoying the benefits of Balasana.
Balasana is a very easy position in yoga, which is very easy to do, but its benefits are very special. A person of any age can do this asana with easily.
Balasana is a Sanskrit word where Bala means “child” and Asana means Yoga posture. In this way, these two words collectively mean sitting posture like a child. Thus, this pose is also called Child Pose. It is a gentle resting pose that can precede or follow any asana.
In Balasana, your body pose is like a child in the mother’s womb, hence it is named Balasan. It is said that there is no other place to give good comfort to the mother’s womb, so whenever a person practices Balasan, he gets immense peace and peace.
This asana is also called Garbhasana or Shashankasana. The key to all types of yoga is breathing. Therefore while practicing this asana, more attention should be pay to the entire process of breathing and exhaling. So in this article, I will give you information about the correct method of Balasana, Steps, benefits of Balasana, and precautions.
Steps To Do Balasana yoga (Child Pose)
Before starting any asana practice, one should get information about the right way to do it. Let us know what is the right way to do Balasana.
- To do Balasan, place Yoga mat in a ventilated and open area.
- Sit on your knees on the yoga mats ie Vajrasana. In this case, rest your upper body on the thighs.
- Keep both knees of your feet sticking to each other or at a short distance from each other and keep the waist perfectly straight.
- Now take a deep breath and tilt the upper body towards the front. Keep both hands backward and note that your palms keep touching the body. And try that the head touches the ground in front.
- After coming in this posture, slowly bring your chest by pressing towards the thighs. Your chest should touch both thighs.
- Try to pull the tailbone towards the pelvis.
- After this, remove the hands from both sides of the body and keep it on the ground while extending forward, palms placed facing down on the mat.
- If it is not comfortable, then you keep the forehead relaxed by placing the other palm on top of one palm.
- Keep your breath normal, this condition is called Balasana.
- Remain in this posture for 1 minute and keep breathing slowly.
- To get out of this easy, first, bring your palms under the shoulder and slowly raise your upper body and return to the previous position and breathe on the ankles. Perform all these actions with ease.
Benefits Of Balasana yoga (Child Pose)
This is a normal asana and anyone can practice this asana very easily. Child pose is not much difficulty and it helps a lot to overcome many problems of the body. Let us know what are the benefits of doing Balasana.
- Balasana is known as the best yoga asana for beginners. This asana is easy to perform.
- Practicing this asana communicates positive feelings in your mind. Apart from this, it also helps to destroy negative thoughts of the mind.
- Balasana is called resting pose because it provides relief to the body and helps to relieve fatigue. Apart from this, breathing and exhaling during this asana provide a kind of calm.
- By practicing this asana daily and properly, depression, stress, and anxiety are eliminated and the person’s brain remains calm. the child pose is considered a very popular asana to keep the mind calm. Apart from this, this asana also helps in relieving depression, migraine, and irritability.
- This yoga helps in treating acidity, constipation and many stomach problems by stimulating the stomach and its organs. While doing Balasana yoga asana, there is pressure in your stomach and intestines which also enhances the digestive process.
- This yoga stretches and strengthens the hips, shoulders, hamstrings, and wrists.
- Balasana yoga is a very beneficial asana to strengthen the spine. By doing this yoga, the muscles of the leg along with the spine become more flexible.
- While practicing this asana, one has to bend forward so this posture helps to relieve back and back pain.
- Balasana is very beneficial for improving physical health. Performing a child pose causes a person’s muscles, joints to stretch. Which gives them strength.
- This yoga also stimulates the reproductive organs and helps reduce the symptoms of menstruation and menopause.
According to the experts, this asana is considered best when yogi practice early in the morning. Morning is preferred as the food is digested as well as the body has the energy to perform the asana. due to some reason, you cannot practice it in the morning, you can practice this asana in the evening as well. but at least keep a 3 to 5-hour gap between your practice and meal.
Doing yoga is beneficial when we do them in the right way and in the right state. A little mistake can be very harmful to our bodies. Let us know what precautions should be taken while doing Balasana (Child yoga Pose) –
- If you feel uncomfortable keeping the forehead on the floor while doing Balasan, then you can put a pillow under your head.
- If a person is suffering from diarrhea then he should avoid doing Balasana.
- There is any problem or discomfort in your body’s vertebrae, then avoid doing this asana.
- This mudra benefits pregnant women in the second and third trimesters, although they should consult a doctor before performing this mudra.
- You should not do a Child pose if you have a complaint of joint pain or you are a patient of high blood pressure.
Mar 20, 2021
5 Effective Yoga Poses For Irregular Periods
In modern times, most women have problems with menstruation and irregular periods due to poor lifestyles, lack of a clean[...]
Mar 18, 2021
How to do Sucirandhrasana And What are Its Benefits?
Sucirandhrasana is an excellent practicing for cross-legged Supine poses as well as considered a warm-up yoga pose to prare the[...]
Mar 12, 2021
How to do Chair Pose (Utkatasana) And What Are Its Benefits?
It is like sitting on an imaginary chair that it's called chair pose. Benefits of Utkatasana is also known as[...]