The person doing Ananda Balasana looks like the way the children play with their feet. When the child plays with both feet up, he appears very happy. That is why this asana is also known as Happy baby pose. Ananda Balasana is made up of two words in which the first word means “blissful” and the second word means “baby”.
Out of many yoga poses Ananda Balasana is one of the easiest yoga Pose. Ananda Balasana is an excellent grounding pose as well as contemporary practice. It is usually done at the end of a yoga asana. When performed correctly, It relaxes the lower back, strengthens the legs, lengthens and realigns the spine, and opens the hips. Beginners also can practice this pose easily. Ananda Balasana is commonly found in the Kids yoga sequences. because In this pose, Babies love to play with their feet.
Ananda Balasana helps to activate the following chakra(s):
- Sacral Chakra (Swadisthana Chakra)
- Root Chakra (Muladhara Chakra)
How To Do Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose)
- To do Anand Balasan, you lay a yoga mat on the floor and lie on its back.
- Keep both your hands and feet straight on the floor.
- Exhale, bend your knees and bring them up towards the chest.
- Inhale, raise both hands upwards and hold both the toes. grip the outsides of the feet with the hands.
- Make sure your arms are pulled through the insides of the knees as you hold the feet.
- Bend the fingers of the feet down towards your mouth.
- Keep the shoulders relaxed with the neck and the head on the ground.
- Pull down your feet as possible.
- Inhale again, and bring your knees close to your chest with the elbow close to your inner knees and as you exhale, press the knees down towards the chest to the side of you. Feel the deep stretch inside of the thighs, knees, and hips.
- In this position, you will appear in a Happy Baby pose.
- Hold the posture for about 8 to 10 breaths. Make sure the soles of the feet are flat and perpendicular to the knee and the thighs are perpendicular to the bent legs.
- To come out from this pose release the hands and bring the legs down and go to Savasana.
11 Benefits of Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose)
Yoga has been practiced in Indian homes since ancient times for many top benefits of yoga. Here we mention Some amazing benefits of the Happy Baby Pose.
- The happy baby pose positively affects the lower back, lengthens and realigns the spine.
- This Pose helps to open up the shoulders, neck, and chest.
- Practicing the happy baby pose regularly also helps in stimulating the digestive system.
- This pose also improves body posture as well as hips flexibility. This is a great hips opener. Performing this asana stretches the muscles of your hips.
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and fatigue not only to the body but also to the mind. And activates positive nervous energy.
- This Pose helps to brings a deep stretch to the hips, triceps, biceps, hamstrings, calves, chest abdominal, and groin area.
- Happy Baby Pose is more helpful in bringing the heart rate down.
- It helps to stimulate the digestive system. It keeps away the problems of easy constipation, bloating, etc.
- This asana also helps in relaxing the sacrum.
- Regularly practicing this asana helps in reducing the heart rate.
- Practicing a Happy baby pose every day improves blood flow throughout the body.
- According to the experts, this asana is considered best when yogi practiced early in the morning. Mornings are preferred as the food is digested as well as the body has the energy to perform the asana. due to some reason, you cannot practice it in the morning, you can practice this asana in the evening as well. but at least keep a 3-5 hour gap between your practice and meal.
- If you are pregnant and menstruating, you may not wish to do the Happy Baby exercise.
- People suffering from high blood pressure should also avoid this asana.
- As a result, In the
caseof the kneeand any kind of injury must avoid practicing this asana.
May 14, 2021
Amazing Benefits of Yoga for Tennis Players
Practicing Yoga by tennis players can be an important foundation, as yoga has greater flexibility, joint mobility, and stability for[...]
May 13, 2021
Yoga For Senior Citizens: 7 Valuable Yoga Poses For Elderly
Yoga practice has been an infallible practice to keep us healthy for thousands of years. There is no natural way[...]
May 12, 2021
Stretch The Wrists With Yoga For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Wrist Tendonitis
Vinyasa poses or even Mudra (hand gestures) assigned to yoga groups can be done to reduce carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist[...]