Ananda Balasana is an excellent grounding pose as well as contemporary practice. Where in ‘Ananda’ means ‘Happy’ or ‘ blissful, ‘and ‘Bala’ means a ‘Baby’ and ‘Asana’ means ‘Posture’. This pose is known as Ananda Balasana. because In this pose, Babies love to play with their feet.
Out of many yoga poses Ananda Balasana is one of the easiest yoga Pose. It is usually done at the end of a yoga asana. When performed correctly, It releases the low back, strengthens the legs, lengthens and realigns the spine, and opens the hips. Beginners also can practice this pose easily. Ananda Balasana is commonly found in the Kids yoga sequences.
Ananda Balasana helps to activate the following chakra(s):
- Sacral Chakra (Swadisthana Chakra)
- Root Chakra (Muladhara Chakra)
How To Do Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose)
- Start with the lay flat on your back
- Exhale, bend your knees and bring them up towards the chest.
- Inhale, grip the outsides of the feet with the hands. Make sure your arms are pulled through the insides of the knees as you hold the feet.
- Tuck your chin into your chest with the head on the ground.
- Keep the shoulders relaxed with the neck and the head on the ground.
- Pull down your feet as possible as.
- Inhale again, and bring your knees close to your chest with the elbow close to your inner knees and as you exhale, press the knees down towards the chest to the side of you. Feel the deep stretch inside of the thighs, knees, and hips.
- Hold the posture for about 8 to 10 breaths. Make sure the soles of the feet are flat and perpendicular to the knee and the thighs are perpendicular to the bent legs.
- To come out from this pose release the hands and bring the legs down and go to Savasana Pose.
Benefits of Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose)
Yoga practicing in the Indian household since ancient time for many top benefits of Yoga. here we mention Some amazing benefits of the Happy Baby Pose.
- The happy baby pose positively affects the lower back, lengthens and realigns the spine.
- This Pose helps to open up the shoulders, neck and the chest.
- Practicing the happy baby pose regularly also helps in stimulating the digestive system.
- This pose also improve
the bodyposture as well as hips flexibility.
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and fatigue not only to the
body,but also to the mind.
- Happy Baby Pose is a great hip opener and Improves mobility in the hips.
- This Pose helps to brings a deep stretch to the hips, triceps, biceps
, ,hamstrings, calves, chest abdominal andgroin area.
- Happy Baby Pose is more helpful in bringing the heart rate down.
- According to the experts, this asana is considered best when yogi practiced early in the morning. Mornings are preferred as the food is digested as well as the body has the energy to perform the asana. due to some reason, you cannot practice it in the morning, you can practice this asana in the evening as well. but at least keep 3-5 hour gap between your practice and meal.
- If you are pregnant and menstruating, you may not wish to do the Happy Baby exercise.
- People suffering from high blood pressure should also avoid this asana.
- As a result, In
caseof kneeand any kind of injury must avoid practicing this asana.