Here we bring Specific yoga poses sequence targeting the hip-opening, which can alleviate tightness and maintaining flexibility. Once your hips are tight, it can lead to poor posture, plenty of stretches, low-back pain, and a variety of other complex issues, and there are many potential causes. Along with boosting your flexibility, practicing specific yoga poses for hip opening may also help you build hip muscle strength and reduce feelings of stress or anxiety.
Improving hip-opener is usually a gradual process, but it’s possible with regular practice. Start slow and don’t force anything since Yoga “hip openers” are poses that bring the thighbone toward its end range of motion. However, read full instructions for each pose.
If you’re ready to modify for tight hips, regularly practicing yoga, whether at a yoga class or at home, maybe one of the best ways to opening your hips.
Now let’s get into 5 Hip-Opening Yoga Poses, that help to open your hips.
Best Yoga Poses for Hip Opening
If you prefer to do some yoga poses at home, the following poses can be particularly helpful to opening many of your hips muscles and increase flexibility.
Happy Baby Pose
This laying down pose is a gentle and soothing pose that’s great for your hips, butt, and core thighs. Suitable for all levels, this pose also strengthens and tones muscles.
How To Do Happy Baby Pose
- Lie flat on your back on the yoga mat.
- Bend your knees and bring them up towards the chest at a 90-degree angle.
- Raise both hands upwards and hold both the toes.
- Bend the fingers of the feet down towards your mouth.
- Keep the shoulders relaxed with the neck and the head on the ground.
Chair Pose (Utkatasana)
Benefits of Utkatasana is also known as fierce pose, thunderbolt pose, wild pose, hazardous pose, and powerful pose. it is a powerful pose to strengthen the hips and legs.
How To Do Chair Pose (Utkatasana)
- Stand in Tadasana with deep inhale and raise arms forward perpendicular to the floor, palm facing downward without elbows bend.
- Slowly exhale with bend the knees forward and take the thighs parallel to the floor. sending buttocks behind as possible as seems like sit on an imaginary chair.
- Pull the abdomen in and up.
The king of all hip-opening yoga pose is Pigeon pose which anca handles the stiff hips in numerous ways but most directly via the set of poses that are popularly known as “hip openers”.
How To Do Pigeon pose
- You need to come onto your back along with knees bend and the thighs parallel as well as hip-distance apart.
- Bend your right knee behind your right wrist.
- Lay your right shin on the floor. Slowly move your right foot forward.
- Lengthen your left leg behind you. Lay the top of your ankle on the floor.
“Build dincharya (Daily routine) by Pigeon Pose: Download today app 7pranayama from App store or Play store”
Utthan Pristhasana (Lizard Pose)
How To Do Lizard Pose
- First of all, start with Downward-Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana).
- Now, Bring the right foot forward, placing it on the outer side of the right.
- Place the both forearms on the floor.
- Let the left leg stretch back with the toes on the ground.
- To move even deeper into the pose, lift the left knee and press into the ball of the left foot.
Malasana (Garland Pose)
We point out, that hip flexibility is a common issue for many people. Malasana (garland pose) is a deep squat that helps to opens your hips, groin, lower back, and digestive system.
How To Do Malasana
- First, you need to stand in Mountain pose (Tadasana).
- Now Bending your elbows and bring your palm together in Anjali pose (prayer position) make sure hands near the chest.
- Now, while bending your knees, sit slowly towards the bottom.
- In this position, place your hips above the ground and sit on the soles of the feet.
Sep 09, 2021
How to do Gorakshasana (Cowherd Pose) And What Are Its Benefits?
Gorakshasana is an intermediate-level yoga pose, practiced for various mental and health benefits. It is a very simple sitting position.[...]
Sep 04, 2021
How to do Janusirsasana (Head to Knee Pose) And What Are Its Benefits?
In the modern era, many people are tense with physical problems, and especially working people. It is okay for these[...]
Sep 04, 2021
How to do Kukkutasana (Cockerel Pose) And What Are Its Benefits?
Like most of the asanas in Yoga, Kukkutasana is also a type of asana. There is no doubt in calling[...]