Vasisthasana yoga poses names come from the Sanskrit, here the name Vasistha have several different yoga sages, including Saptarishis. According to the traditional- Vasistha was a saint who was one of the seven seers and also an author of a number of Vedic hymns. Vasistha had a cow which name was Kamadhenu. Divine Kamadhenu (cow) granted whatever Vasistha wished. hence, he become inconceivably wealthy. therefore the Sanskrit word ” Vasistha ” means wealthy and Asana means Yoga Posture.
Vasisthasana is also known as side plank pose. from the child to the adults and males to the females, Vasisthasana will help improve the sense of physical and mental balance.
This is known to activate the Heart Chakra– it opens the chest, and Solar Plexus or navel Chakra- Its build confidence. Downward Facing Dog and Plank Pose can be practice prior this, will yield better results.
Let us learn how to perform the side plank pose in the safest way. and know the various benefits of side plank pose along with the Precaution attached to the pose.
How To Do Vasisthasana (Side Plank Pose)
- To begin Vasisthana, start from Plank Pose (Plankasana). You can also start from
- Now, shift your weight on the right side and press firmly your right arms as you roll onto the outside of your right foot.
- Move the left foot and keep on the right foot. press your heels toward the floor. (In this position, your legs should be kept straight.)
- Your shoulders, hips, and ankles should perpendicular on top of each other.
- Slowly shift your left hand on the hip.
- Inhale as you pressing down through the right hand and try to raise your left hand from the hip. your fingers point towards the sky.
- And now, your entire body into one long line from the bottom to the top.
- If you feel comfortable, look at the fingertips.
- As you exhale, bring your arm down to on the hip.
- Maintain this position for 20 to 30 seconds.
- To Come back Inhale, and as you exhale, repeat this pose on your left side.
Benefits of Vasisthasana (Side Plank Pose)
- The practice of Vasisthasana (Side Plank Pose) is Builds arm, wrist and shoulder strength
- Its describe as a total body pose where every muscle needs to work.
- It also build strengthen the core muscles in the abdomen, inner thighs, and hamstrings.
- Vasisthasana (Side Plank Pose) is mainly done to improve the pressure on the wrists and feet.
- Vasisthasana helps boost energy in the body.
- It provide a good sense of balance.
- It not only stretches the body but also makes strong too.
- It also improve focus and concentration.
- You can keep the left knee on the floor. This will give you the support.
- In this yoga posture your feet might slip, You may fall. for it you can use the yoga bricks under the right foot.
- People has glaucoma suspect should avoid this posture.
- If you suffering from Carpal tunnel syndrome must be avoided practicing this asana.
- High blood pressure patient cannot practices this asana.
- If you have any kind of elbow, wrist, or shoulder injury, you must avoid this pose.