Dandasana yoga poses names come from the Sanskrit, here Danda means stick, rod, staff, and asana means yoga posture. it is a
This asana works best whenever practicing early in the morning, If you cannot work out in the morning it is alright to practice it in the evening.
How to do Dandasana (Staff Pose)
- first, sit on the yoga mat with your back straightened.
- Your legs perpendicular to the ground, feet upwards, toes spread out and keep your feet near one another extended forward.
- Your hands must be downwards side of the body and placed your palms immovably on the floor.
- Firmly press your thighs, heels, and sitting bones into the floor as possible. And the upper body should be erect.
- The crown of the head should be looking straight ahead.
- Lift your chest and Inhale deeply and exhale slowly.
- Imagine your spine as the staff or rod.
- Hold the pose for about 20 seconds to minutes.
- Come out from this pose bring the feet apart, place your hands on the floor, and relax the entire body.
- Stay here for 6 breathing and repeat Dandasana.
4 Benefits of Dandasana (Staff Pose)
- It brings delight into your life and improves body posture.
- It helps in improving the focus and body balance.
- Stretches chest, shoulders, upper back quadriceps, and abdomen. It helps to increase the flexibility of the hips and pelvis
. Dandasanaalso helps those people suffering from sciatica pain and asthma.
Beginner Tips for Dandasana
- Don’t take bend your back and shoulder.
- Don’t overarch push your chest and chin.
- Donot more firmly push your spin with the pelvis.
Precautions of Staff Pose
- If you have a lower back or injury avoid this asana
- People suffering from any chronic spinal problems must avoid this asana.
- Dandasana is a warm-up pose so shall be practice on an empty stomach for good results.
- Or At least keep a 5 to a 6-hour gap between your practice and meal.
- At least maintain gap six breath to repeat Dandasana.
Jan 11, 2022
Core Yoga Poses: A Yoga Sequence For A Strong And Stable Core
There are individual core yoga poses you can practice strengthening your core muscles that build a strong and stable center![...]
Jan 06, 2022
How To Heal A Tight IT Band- Yoga For Iliotibial Band Syndrome
Yoga For IT Band, Do you have pain on the outside of your knee? This may be due to iliotibial[...]
Jan 04, 2022
Heart Opening Yoga Poses To Activate the Heart Chakra
Long working hours at the desk and leaning on the keyboard makes the spine rounder for the employees. It is[...]