Dandasana yoga poses names come from the Sanskrit, here Danda means stick, rod, staff, and asana means yoga posture. it is a
This asana works best whenever practicing early in the morning, If you cannot work out in the morning it is alright to practice it in the evening.
How to do Dandasana (Staff Pose)
- first, sit on the yoga mat with your back straightened.
- Your legs perpendicular to the ground, feet upwards, toes spread out and keep your feet near one another extended forward.
- Your hands must be downwards side of the body and placed your palms immovably on the floor.
- Firmly press your thighs, heels, and sitting bones into the floor as possible. And the upper body should be erect.
- The crown of the head should be looking straight ahead.
- Lift your chest and Inhale deeply and exhale slowly.
- Imagine your spine as the staff or rod.
- Hold the pose for about 20 seconds to minutes.
- Come out from this pose bring the feet apart, place your hands on the floor, and relax the entire body.
- Stay here for 6 breathing and repeat Dandasana.
4 Benefits of Dandasana (Staff Pose)
- It brings delight into your life and improves body posture.
- It helps in improving the focus and body balance.
- Stretches chest, shoulders, upper back quadriceps, and abdomen. It helps to increase the flexibility of the hips and pelvis
. Dandasanaalso helps those people suffering from sciatica pain and asthma.
Beginner Tips for Dandasana
- Don’t take bend your back and shoulder.
- Don’t overarch push your chest and chin.
- Donot more firmly push your spin with the pelvis.
Precautions of Staff Pose
- If you have a lower back or injury avoid this asana
- People suffering from any chronic spinal problems must avoid this asana.
- Dandasana is a warm-up pose so shall be practice on an empty stomach for good results.
- Or At least keep a 5 to a 6-hour gap between your practice and meal.
- At least maintain gap six breath to repeat Dandasana.
Mar 02, 2021
Top 5 Yoga For Scoliosis And Their Benefits
Are you looking for the best yoga for scoliosis that can Attempt to strengthen and reshape the spinal cord? If[...]
Feb 27, 2021
How To Do Savasana (Corpse Pose) And What are Its benefits?
It recommends that Savasana practice the end of yoga sessions to relax the whole body. This body posture is the same[...]
Feb 26, 2021
How to do Lolasana (Pendant Pose Steps) And What Are Its Benefits?
Lolasana or Pendant Pose is a hand-balancing and core-strengthening asana in modern yoga. it is one of the poses adopted[...]