Dandasana yoga poses names come from the Sanskrit, here Danda means stick, rod, staff, and asana means yoga posture. it is a
This asana works best whenever practicing early in the morning, If you cannot work out in the morning it is alright to practice it in the evening.
How to do Dandasana (Staff Pose)
- first, sit on the yoga mat with your back straightened.
- Your legs perpendicular to the ground, feet upwards, toes spread out and keep your feet near one another extended forward.
- Your hands must be downwards side of the body and placed your palms immovably on the floor.
- Firmly press your thighs, heels, and sitting bones into the floor as possible. And the upper body should be erect.
- The crown of the head should be looking straight ahead.
- Lift your chest and Inhale deeply and exhale slowly.
- Imagine your spine as the staff or rod.
- Hold the pose for about 20 seconds to minutes.
- Come out from this pose bring the feet apart, place your hands on the floor, and relax the entire body.
- Stay here for 6 breathing and repeat Dandasana.
4 Benefits of Dandasana (Staff Pose)
- It brings delight into your life and improves body posture.
- It helps in improving the focus and body balance.
- Stretches chest, shoulders, upper back quadriceps, and abdomen. It helps to increase the flexibility of the hips and pelvis
. Dandasanaalso helps those people suffering from sciatica pain and asthma.
Beginner Tips for Dandasana
- Don’t take bend your back and shoulder.
- Don’t overarch push your chest and chin.
- Donot more firmly push your spin with the pelvis.
Precautions of Staff Pose
- If you have a lower back or injury avoid this asana
- People suffering from any chronic spinal problems must avoid this asana.
- Dandasana is a warm-up pose so shall be practice on an empty stomach for good results.
- Or At least keep a 5 to a 6-hour gap between your practice and meal.
- At least maintain gap six breath to repeat Dandasana.
Sep 09, 2021
How to do Gorakshasana (Cowherd Pose) And What Are Its Benefits?
Gorakshasana is an intermediate-level yoga pose, practiced for various mental and health benefits. It is a very simple sitting position.[...]
Sep 04, 2021
How to do Janusirsasana (Head to Knee Pose) And What Are Its Benefits?
In the modern era, many people are tense with physical problems, and especially working people. It is okay for these[...]
Sep 04, 2021
How to do Kukkutasana (Cockerel Pose) And What Are Its Benefits?
Like most of the asanas in Yoga, Kukkutasana is also a type of asana. There is no doubt in calling[...]