Uttanasana is a Sanskrit word derived from the words Ut means intense, Tan means to stretch and extend and asana which means posture. It is also known as Standing Forward Bend. It is a yoga posture which involved intense stretching of the body muscles. It also calms the mind while stretching and rejuvenating the whole body. In this, your head hangs below the heart allowing fresh oxygen-rich blood to flow to your brain.
How to do Uttanasana (Standing forward bend) Yoga:
1. Begin with Mountain Pose (Tadasana) with your hands on your hips and breathe normally.
2. Exhale while bending forward slightly at a 90-degree angle, lengthening your torso.
3. Now bend your elbows down the ground and touch your feet with your hands.
4. After this bend your torso such that your torso and chest touches your thighs.
5. Keep breathing deeply and remain in this position according to your comfort. Do for 30-60 seconds in the beginning. For health benefits 3 – 5 minutes every day is good enough. Though practitioners can go up to 15 minutes for spiritual benefits.
“Practice Uttanasana: Download today app 7pranayama from App store or Play store”
Benefits of Uttanasana (Standing forward bend) Yoga:
- The standing forward bend yoga pose increases blood circulation to legs, torso, and brain and provides nourishment to the facial skin, scalp, eyes, and ears.
- It strengthens your thighs and knees.
- It helps in reducing headaches, fatigue, and insomnia.
- It helps to revitalize the nervous system.
- It reduces fatigue and anxiety.
- It massages internal organs.
- It helps in relieving stress.
- It tones and activates the muscles of the abdomen.
Precaution Uttanasana (Standing forward bend) Yoga:
- Should be practiced on an empty stomach.
- Avoid this pose if you have high blood pressure or have had recent abdominal surgery.
- This yoga posture is not advisable if you have dizziness, eye or ear infections and acidity.
- Do not do this pose if there has been a recent injury to your legs, hips or shoulders.
- Should be avoided during pregnancy.
You can also read:- 10 Yoga Poses For Beginners | 7 Simple Yoga for Shoulders Pain | Yoga for belly fat | Yoga to increase Height | 7 Yoga Poses for Insomnia | Nadis | 7 Yoga poses for Weight Lifters |
Jun 21, 2021
Yoga For Eyes: Effective Eye Yoga Poses For Better Vision
Many of the yoga postures specially designs to improve the functioning of the body parts. Similarly, Various poses are available[...]
Jun 20, 2021
Yoga For Schizophrenia: Yogasanas for Mental Illness
There isn't much scientific evidence about yoga for schizophrenia, but some small studies have led to the belief that yoga[...]
Jun 19, 2021
Yoga for fibromyalgia:6 pose try for Natural cure
If You have Fibromyalgia, Why Wait! Scroll down continue to read this article and learn more about the best poses[...]