Uttanasana is a Sanskrit word derived from the words Ut means intense, Tan means to stretch and extend and asana which means posture. It is also known as Standing Forward Bend. It is a yoga posture which involved intense stretching of the body muscles. It also calms the mind while stretching and rejuvenating the whole body. In this, your head hangs below the heart allowing fresh oxygen-rich blood to flow to your brain.
How to do Uttanasana (Standing forward bend) Yoga:
1. Begin with Mountain Pose (Tadasana) with your hands on your hips and breathe normally.
2. Exhale while bending forward slightly at a 90-degree angle, lengthening your torso.
3. Now bend your elbows down the ground and touch your feet with your hands.
4. After this bend your torso such that your torso and chest touches your thighs.
5. Keep breathing deeply and remain in this position according to your comfort. Do for 30-60 seconds in the beginning. For health benefits 3 – 5 minutes every day is good enough. Though practitioners can go up to 15 minutes for spiritual benefits.
“Practice Uttanasana: Download today app 7pranayama from App store or Play store”
Benefits of Uttanasana (Standing forward bend) Yoga:
- The standing forward bend yoga pose increases blood circulation to legs, torso, and brain and provides nourishment to the facial skin, scalp, eyes, and ears.
- It strengthens your thighs and knees.
- It helps in reducing headaches, fatigue, and insomnia.
- It helps to revitalize the nervous system.
- It reduces fatigue and anxiety.
- It massages internal organs.
- It helps in relieving stress.
- It tones and activates the muscles of the abdomen.
Precaution Uttanasana (Standing forward bend) Yoga:
- Should be practiced on an empty stomach.
- Avoid this pose if you have high blood pressure or have had recent abdominal surgery.
- This yoga posture is not advisable if you have dizziness, eye or ear infections and acidity.
- Do not do this pose if there has been a recent injury to your legs, hips or shoulders.
- Should be avoided during pregnancy.
You can also read:- 10 Yoga Poses For Beginners | 7 Simple Yoga for Shoulders Pain | Yoga for belly fat | Yoga to increase Height | 7 Yoga Poses for Insomnia | Nadis | 7 Yoga poses for Weight Lifters |
Mar 02, 2021
Top 5 Yoga For Scoliosis And Their Benefits
Are you looking for the best yoga for scoliosis that can Attempt to strengthen and reshape the spinal cord? If[...]
Feb 27, 2021
How To Do Savasana (Corpse Pose) And What are Its benefits?
It recommends that Savasana practice the end of yoga sessions to relax the whole body. This body posture is the same[...]
Feb 26, 2021
How to do Lolasana (Pendant Pose Steps) And What Are Its Benefits?
Lolasana or Pendant Pose is a hand-balancing and core-strengthening asana in modern yoga. it is one of the poses adopted[...]