In yoga science, many asanas have been told about keeping a human healthy and fit. The most prominent posture in these asanas is Virabhadrasana. The great yoga guru of India says that Virabhadrasana is known as the asana of warriors.
Virabhadrasana is a Sanskrit word that is made up of two words, the first word being “Vir” which means “warrior” and the second word is “Bhadra” which means “friend”. This asana was named after an Abhaya warrior, an incarnation of Lord Shiva. The story of the warrior Virabhadra, like other stories in the Upanishads, provides inspiration in life.
There are two types of Virabhadrasana Yoga (The Warrior Pose) postures. While the Virbhadra first posture works on the biceps of the arms, the Virbhadra II strengthens the triceps. The method of this posture is also similar to Virbhadra I, there is only a slight difference.
This pose is excellent for the overall vitality and strengthening of the body. This asana has its roots with mythology: Virabhadra is the name of the fierce warrior (an incarnation of Shiva) having thousand heads, eyes and feet.
This pose is excellent for the overall vitality and strengthening of the body. Virabhadrasana is famous in all yoga classes due to builds Stamina. Initially, there is some difficulty in doing this asana as it is difficult to balance the legs but with regular practice, you can do it comfortably. Let us look at how to do Virabhadrasana-
How to do Virabhadrasana 1 Yoga (The Warrior Pose):
To do this Virabhadrasana, first of all, spread the yoga mats in a clean place and stand directly on it.
1. First, start with the Mountain Pose or Tadasana.
2. Now keep your legs around four feet apart from each other.
Keep in mind that there should be a distance of at least 3 to 4 feet between the two legs.
3. Now raise your arms parallel to the floor and turn your head to the left.
4. Then turn your left foot 90 degrees to the left and bend your left knee. The angle of hips and arms should be same i.e. 180 degrees.
5. Stay in this position for 30 – 60 seconds.
6.To get out of this asana, turn the head, then lift the right thigh, lower your hands, straighten the torso and bring the feet back in the Tadasana. After doing it on the right side, do all these steps also on the left side.
“Practice Virabhadrasana: Download today app 7pranayama from App store or Play store”
If you are a beginner, you may have difficulty in balancing your body after bending your leg. So for this, you can use a chair. When you start losing your balance in Virabhadrasana, keep the chair under your thigh. With this, you will be able to do this posture easily.
Health Benefits of the Virabhadrasana (The Warrior Pose)
- This yoga pose strengthens the muscles of the thighs and buttocks. This asana tones the abdomen, ankles, and feet.
- This asana increases the circulation of blood throughout the body.
- Virabhadrasana has very good postures to reduce stress and keep your mind calm.
- This is a very good asana to strengthen the body, by doing this yoga posture our body becomes strong like a warrior.
- This asana reduces the problem of chest lung, shoulder, neck, back pain, etc.
- Virabhadrasana also keeps your mind healthy, this posture increases memory power.
- Virabhadrasana practices activating the positive hormone in the brain which makes mood happy.
- It is an excellent pose for pregnant women in their second or third trimester. However one must consult a physician before doing this asana.
- This pose improves the digestive system and stimulates abdominal organs.
- This asana helps relieve the problem of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Warrior pose expands the chest and shoulders, thereby improving breathing capacity.
Things Keep In Mind
According to the experts, this asana is considered best when yogi practiced early in the morning. Mornings are preferred as the food is digested as well as the body has the energy to perform the asana. due to some reason, you cannot practice it in the morning, you can practice this asana in the evening as well. but at least keep a 3-5 hour gap between your practice and meal.
Contraindications of the Virabhadrasana
Doing yoga is beneficial when we do them in the right way and in the right state. A little mistake can be very harmful to our bodies. Let us know what precautions should be taken while doing Virabhadrasana (The Warrior Pose) –
- If you are pregnant and menstruating, you may not wish to do the Warrior Pose.
- People suffering from high blood pressure should also avoid this asana.
- As a result, In the case of the knee and any kind of injury must avoid practicing this asana.
- Pregnant women should do this asana near a wall so that they can take support if necessary to balance your body.
- Do not perform this asana if suffering from spinal disorders.
Jun 21, 2021
Yoga For Eyes: Effective Eye Yoga Poses For Better Vision
Many of the yoga postures specially designs to improve the functioning of the body parts. Similarly, Various poses are available[...]
Jun 20, 2021
Yoga For Schizophrenia: Yogasanas for Mental Illness
There isn't much scientific evidence about yoga for schizophrenia, but some small studies have led to the belief that yoga[...]
Jun 19, 2021
Yoga for fibromyalgia:6 pose try for Natural cure
If You have Fibromyalgia, Why Wait! Scroll down continue to read this article and learn more about the best poses[...]