When it comes to the appearance of this asana, Vrikshasana, is like a steady and graceful tree. It is termed after Sanskrit words vriksha meaning tree and asana meaning pose. For this particular pose, unlike other poses in yoga, you need to keep the eyes open so that you can keep your body balance.
Tree pose is essentially a balancing pose, and it does have many benefits which lie in both improving the balance of the body as well as enhancing the entire nervous system.
Whenever your balance in this pose, you are inclined to focus your mind, and since you are focussing, you actually realize that you are balancing. Whenever your mind wanders, your body does the same. Stress, as well as tension, causes problems in attaining balance.
While you stabilize your mind as well as a body through stretching in this asana, it also strengthens the joints along with the bones and also expands both the chest and the hips. It also loosens your shoulders and also tones the arms.
The best way to practice Vrikshasana (Tree pose yoga) is on an empty stomach. You should have taken the meal at least four to five hours prior to practice this yoga. This provides ample time for your body in order to digest the food and also energize the body which makes it ready for the activity.
It is preferred that this asana should be done in the morning. It involves both concentrations as well as focus, and it is the best way to channelize these two aspects in the morning as your mind is clear of both worries and stress from all the happenings that occur in the day.
How To Do Vrikshasana (Tree Pose)
- First, you need to stand as erect as you can and drop the arms to both sides of your body.
- Now slightly bend the right need and then move it and place it high up on the left thigh. Ensure that your sole is placed firm as well as flat on the thigh’s root.
- Make sure that your left leg is absolutely erect. After you have taken this position, breath and also find the balance.
- Now inhale while gently raising the arms over the head and then bring them together in the mudra of “namaste”.
- Now look straight at any distant object and keep your gaze on to it. This assists you in maintaining the balance.
- Make sure that your spine is straight. Also, you need to keep the body taut as well as elastic. Take a few deep breaths and every time when you exhale, relax the body a little bit each time.
- Now gently take down your arms from the sides and also release your right leg.
- After coming back to the original position of standing both tall as well as straight as you were at the beginning of this asana, repeat this asana with your left leg.
You might face some difficulty in bringing the left foot above your right knee. In these particular cases, you should place the foot below the knee. But make sure that you never place your foot on the knee of the other leg. Also, you might find it hard to stay steady as well as difficult to keep the balance. You can also practice this asana by simply holding any wall for keeping the balance. In order to enhance as well as aid the concentration, you should try taking deep breathes before practicing it and also fixate your gaze on an object which is placed in front of you.
Health Benefits of Vrikshasana( Tree Pose)
- It assists in strengthening the spine while improving the poise as well as balance.
- It also aids and improves the neuro-muscular coordination.
- Tree pose tones the muscles of the legs while making the tendons as well as ligaments of the feet stronger.
- It makes the knees stronger and loosens the hip joints.
- The inner ears, eyes, as well as shoulders, are strengthened in this particular pose.
- It also helps in providing relief for those suffering from sciatica and helps in reducing flat feet.
- It assists you in getting more stable, patient and flexible. It also enhances the concentration and focus while activating the mental faculties.
- It also deepens the thorax.
Jan 11, 2022
Core Yoga Poses: A Yoga Sequence For A Strong And Stable Core
There are individual core yoga poses you can practice strengthening your core muscles that build a strong and stable center![...]
Jan 06, 2022
How To Heal A Tight IT Band- Yoga For Iliotibial Band Syndrome
Yoga For IT Band, Do you have pain on the outside of your knee? This may be due to iliotibial[...]
Jan 04, 2022
Heart Opening Yoga Poses To Activate the Heart Chakra
Long working hours at the desk and leaning on the keyboard makes the spine rounder for the employees. It is[...]