When it comes to the appearance of this asana, Vrikshasana, is like a steady and graceful tree. It is termed after Sanskrit words vriksha meaning tree and asana meaning pose. For this particular pose, unlike other poses in yoga, you need to keep the eyes open so that you can keep your body balance.
Tree pose is essentially a balancing pose, and it does have many benefits which lie in both improving the balance of the body as well as enhancing the entire nervous system.
Whenever your balance in this pose, you are inclined to focus your mind, and since you are focussing, you actually realize that you are balancing. Whenever your mind wanders, your body does the same. Stress, as well as tension, causes problems in attaining balance.
While you stabilize your mind as well as a body through stretching in this asana, it also strengthens the joints along with the bones and also expands both the chest and the hips. It also loosens your shoulders and also tones the arms.
The best way to practice Vrikshasana (Tree pose yoga) is on an empty stomach. You should have taken the meal at least four to five hours prior to practice this yoga. This provides ample time for your body in order to digest the food and also energize the body which makes it ready for the activity.
It is preferred that this asana should be done in the morning. It involves both concentrations as well as focus, and it is the best way to channelize these two aspects in the morning as your mind is clear of both worries and stress from all the happenings that occur in the day.
How To Do Vrikshasana (Tree Pose)
- First, you need to stand as erect as you can and drop the arms to both sides of your body.
- Now slightly bend the right need and then move it and place it high up on the left thigh. Ensure that your sole is placed firm as well as flat on the thigh’s root.
- Make sure that your left leg is absolutely erect. After you have taken this position, breath and also find the balance.
- Now inhale while gently raising the arms over the head and then bring them together in the mudra of “namaste”.
- Now look straight at any distant object and keep your gaze on to it. This assists you in maintaining the balance.
- Make sure that your spine is straight. Also, you need to keep the body taut as well as elastic. Take a few deep breaths and every time when you exhale, relax the body a little bit each time.
- Now gently take down your arms from the sides and also release your right leg.
- After coming back to the original position of standing both tall as well as straight as you were at the beginning of this asana, repeat this asana with your left leg.
You might face some difficulty in bringing the left foot above your right knee. In these particular cases, you should place the foot below the knee. But make sure that you never place your foot on the knee of the other leg. Also, you might find it hard to stay steady as well as difficult to keep the balance. You can also practice this asana by simply holding any wall for keeping the balance. In order to enhance as well as aid the concentration, you should try taking deep breathes before practicing it and also fixate your gaze on an object which is placed in front of you.
Health Benefits of Vrikshasana( Tree Pose)
- It assists in strengthening the spine while improving the poise as well as balance.
- It also aids and improves the neuro-muscular coordination.
- Tree pose tones the muscles of the legs while making the tendons as well as ligaments of the feet stronger.
- It makes the knees stronger and loosens the hip joints.
- The inner ears, eyes, as well as shoulders, are strengthened in this particular pose.
- It also helps in providing relief for those suffering from sciatica and helps in reducing flat feet.
- It assists you in getting more stable, patient and flexible. It also enhances the concentration and focus while activating the mental faculties.
- It also deepens the thorax.
Feb 02, 2023
Yoga After Eating: Simple Asanas For Digestion After Overeating
There are many yoga asanas in yoga that you can do after overeating or post-dinner, these sweet yoga poses help[...]
Jan 13, 2023
Apanasana (Knees-to-Chest Pose)- Steps, Benefits & Precautions
Knees to Chest Pose aka Apanasana performed in the supine position and is also a wonderful way to release the[...]
Jan 09, 2023
12 Surya Mantras: Surya Namaskar Mantra You Need to Know
Surya Namaskar is the best among Yogasanas. This practice alone is able to benefit the practitioner from the complete yoga[...]