Yoga poses for slipped disc help strengthen your spinal muscles and ligaments. The slipped or herniated discs yoga is based on backward bent postures, Pranayama, and yogic relaxation poses. Do exercises along with other yoga asanas that can improve your lumbar region (lower back) of the spine.
If there is a decrease or injury in the inner part of the spinal cord, then many times the jelly part of the spine comes out of the disk. In medical conditions, this situation is called the slipped disc or herniated disc.
Our spine is not a single bone. It can also be called a group consisting of 33 bones. Discs work to support these bones. These discs help to protect our bones from the shaking that occurs in our daily routine. These tremors may occur while walking, lifting weights, turning, running, or falling.
Slipped disc problems can occur in any part of the spine. But mostly this problem occurs in the lower back or lumbar disc number 14, 15 s1. Lower back pain caused by a herniated disc is related to irregularly exercising, straining, or injury. It can also cause numbness, tingling, and weakness in the herniated disc lumbar spine.
Types of Slipped Disc
1. Lumbar Slip Disc- The Lumbar Slip Disc is in the lower part of the spinal cord, mainly the L3-L4, L4-L5 and LS-S1 discs between the vertebrae. A herniated or lumbar slipped disc can cause lower back pain.
2. Thoracic Slip Disc-Thoracic slip disc is caused by pressure on the central part of the spine. Generally, the chances of slip discs in the middle part of the spine are very less. This can happen when an accident has occurred or any other type of injury etc. In the thoracic slip disc, discs are affected between t1-t12 vertebrae.
3. Cervical Slip Disc- A Cervical Slipped disc is in the neck, which is one of the most common causes of neck pain. In which the disk affects between C5-C6 Esteem C6-C7 (VERTEBRAE), due to which the previous part of the patient’s head, the neck part, from the shoulder to the arm and the whole hand can be a pain.
Try yoga with an experienced yoga instructor or therapist during a slipped disc. It is not necessary that the yoga pose is right for a person, then it will be good for your body as well. So practice yoga at home by keeping these precautions in mind before practicing yoga for the herniated disc.
Precautions for Slipped Disc Yoga Poses
- Never bend forward in back pain.
- Do not rotate your waist much during yoga. If you feel any kind of pain, tingling, or numbness while doing yoga, immediately stop yoga.
- During the slipped disk, do yoga only under the guidance of an experienced yoga teacher.
Let’s move to the yoga poses for Slipped disc.
Yoga Poses For Slipped Disc Issues (Lumbar Disc Herniation)
Yoga exercise is often included in the treatment of disc or reduces slipped disc pain because it helps in reducing the stress on the spinal cord by keeping the body active and increases flexibility. In this way, yoga can help reduce the pain and other symptoms responsible for a slipped disc or herniated disk.
Let’s know Yogasana for Slipped Disc, which you can do at home and can get relief from the pain caused by the slipped disc.
Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
In Bhujangasana, the body is in the shape of a snake raised. This shape has pressure on the upper bones of the spine, which seems to be in the right position. Bhujangasana is one of the 7 poses of the Surya Namaskar. This makes the body flexible and also relieves waist pain.
How to do Bhujangasana:
- First, lay down the stomach.
- According to the picture, bring your palms into the shoulder.
- Reduce the distance between the two feet and keep the feet straight and stabilized.
- Raise the next part of the body to the navel.
- Keep in mind that there is no more stretch on the waist.
- Keep this easy for yourself.
To know more about Bhujangasana click here.
Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
Camel Pose is a very effective posture to remove the pain of the spinal cord. To do this posture, the body remains in the posture of the camel. In this pose the body is bowled on the back, thereby causing positive pressure on the spinal cord. This posture helps in removing lumbar disc pain.
How to do Camel pose:
- First of all, sit with both of your legs spread towards the front.
- Keep your right leg under the right thigh and bend your left foot under the left thigh, keep the palms above your thighs and sit in Vajrasana.
- Stand on your knees, in this case, the knees and ankles of both your legs should be adjacent.
- The feet are affixed to the ground and keep the paws upwards.
- Keep the palms back at the waist, your fingers should be facing down.
- Inhale and bend slightly back from the waist, place the palms on the heel, place the right palm on the heel of the right foot, and the left palm on the heel of the left foot.
- Note that your chest should be open. Your elbows and shoulders should be parallel and your thighs should be equal to 90 degrees from the ground.
- Inhale normally and maintain this position for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Stand back on your knees while exhaling slowly.
To know more about Ustrasana Click here.
Cat Pose (Marjariasana)
Marjariasana is used to help increase and flex the spine. This posture is helpful in removing Lower Back Pain and back pain. And the lower part of the waist reaches this posture. Slipped Disc and sciatica are far away by practicing Marjariasana. By Marjariasana, get the primary practice for the other hard Yogasana, making the waistband completely.
How to do Cat pose:
- To do this practice, put the palms on the floor and keep hands and knees perfectly with shoulder width.
- Tight your stomach muscles and try to push your spinal cord towards the roof, go to your back and move your head to the ground.
- Then, after staying in a position for a few seconds, move your spinal cord, so let your stomach come towards the floor and gradually raise your head to see the roof.
- As a result, the opposite of the first spinal cord with the spherical spinal cord towards the ground will be.
- Keep this situation for a few seconds and come back to your initial position with a flat back.
To know more about Marjariasana click here.
Performing Markatasana relieves our back pain and the disorder that occurs in the spine. it is gradually eliminated by continuing the disorder and the cervical, abdominal pain, gastric, groin pain, indigestion, hips pain, Insomnia fatigue, Markatasana is very beneficial in all these. Along with this makes our kidneys and liver active.
How to do Markatasana:
- To do this asana, first of all, lie down on the ground on your back, now bend the legs from your knee to the hip and keep your hands parallel to the shoulder.
- While exhaling, with both your legs turned to the right, keep the knee on the ground, pay attention that both your paws and knees are together, now rotate your neck to the left.
- While breathing, bring your feet and neck back in the middle.
- Now do the same process from the other side, the feet to the left and the neck to the right.
Practice more and more yoga poses for back pain.
Locust Pose (Salabhasana)
This posture is turned to the spinal cord by laying on the ground force of the stomach. In this situation, a few days of practicing can helps to relieve slipped disc and waist pain. The body creates the shape of the Salabhasana. with this posture, keeping the body in addition to the slipped disc, also get rid of many other problems.
How to do Salabhasana:
- To make Shalabhana first, you should lay down the stomach inverted by laying a mat at a neat location.
- Keep your two feet square and keep your legs straight and upwards.
- Slide your hands and press them under the thighs.
- Keep your head and mouth straight.
- Then take a deep breath inside.
- Now try to lift your two feet upwards, as much as possible up to your maximum height.
- If you are new in yoga practice, you can resort to your hands to up the feet, for this, you can up your feet of hinges on the ground.
To know more about Salabhasana click here.
In addition to the Yoga Poses For Slipped Disc, it is also recommended that practices of pranayama regularly increase the oxygen level and bring flexibility.
Use the 7pranayama app for better practice. it has the option to set rounds and reminders with logs. Set the number of rounds you want to do in one minute and also set the time of how many minutes you want to practice it.
Mar 21, 2023
Yoga for Prostate Enlargement : Shrink Prostate Enlargement
Prostate enlargement is caused by changes in hormone levels, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It is a normal[...]
Mar 17, 2023
5 Effective Yoga For Knee Pain And Joint Pain Relief
Yoga is an ancient Indian technique that removes pain from the root and makes the body disease-free. Yoga can be[...]
Mar 14, 2023
Yoga for flat stomach you need to know
Yoga can be an effective way to achieve a flat stomach, but it's important to keep in mind that the[...]
The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional