High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, can be caused by many reasons such as not exercising at the right time, sedentary lifestyle, poor diet, obesity, smoking, stress, and the stressful modern lifestyle makes this problem more complicated. Along with modern medicine, it is also very important to bring changes in your lifestyle to prevent this problem. To completely solve the problem of high blood pressure, exercise and yoga in your lifestyle will have to be made an integral part of your life. Along with medication, yoga for high blood pressure and a healthy diet make it part of your lifestyle and keep your circulation under control.
Although it has been proven that Yogasanas balance the body and by affecting the nerve definitely fixes the problem of high blood pressure. In yoga, Some asanas, and pranayama with precautions are prescribed for high blood pressure patients, which are listed below.
Yoga for High Blood Pressure
To get good results, regular practice of physical exercise such as yoga will have to be made an integral part of life. It can cure circulation in the body and thus manage high blood pressure.
Before practicing yoga to control hypertension, be aware that some poses should be avoided possibly due to high blood pressure.
Yoga Asanas To Reduce Hypertension
1. Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
Sukhasana is considered one of the most simple and easy asanas of Hatha yoga. By doing this, the circulation of blood very well throughout the body. Doing Sukhasana Yoga helps you to meditate. And by doing this, you get relief and your fatigue is reduced.
- For the practice of Sukhasana, spread the mat on a flat place and sit by cross leg position.
- While doing this asana, the mind should be kept calm and relaxed.
- Now keep your body absolutely straight while keeping your waist straight.
- After this, open the fingers of both your hands and keep them on your knees.
- Now while doing pranayama, sit for as long as you can in this posture.
2. Bound Angle Pose (Baddhakonasana)
Baddhakonasana improves blood flow, promotes heart functioning, and helps reduce blood pressure. It stretches the muscles of your knees, waist, and inner thighs.
- Badkadonasana is also called a butterfly pose.
- To practice this asana, first, you bend your knees and sit in such a way that the soles of your two legs are joined together.
- Now join the fingers of both hands together and hold the toes with it.
- During this time, your waist should be very straight.
- Now while inhaling, do it above the feet and while exhaling.
- Keep doing the process of lowering these legs up and down.
3. Balasana (Child Pose)
Balasana creates a stretch in the hips, thighs, and ankles. It helps the body relax and normalizes blood circulation.
- Sit on your heels or in Vajrasana.
- Keeping your buttocks on the heels, bend forward and attach the forehead to the ground.
- Place your arms on the ground with the body and keep the palms facing the sky (if there is difficulty in doing so, place one palm over the other and place your forehead on them).
- Gently press the chest towards the thigh.
- Stopped for a while.
- Taking care of the spinal cord, slowly get up and sit on your heels and relax.
Pashchimottanasana provides gentle strengthening of your back, hamstrings, and abdominal. It helps reduce high blood pressure as increases blood flow to the lower abdomen.
- For this, lay a mat on flat land.
- Now sit on the mat in Dandasana posture.
- In this posture, the leg stays forward.
- While the body and spine remain in a straight line and the hand remains on the ground.
- After this, pull the back of your body forward and try to stick on the feet.
5. Downward-Facing Dog pose
Downward Facing Dog Pose a therapeutic pose for high blood pressure. It stretching makes your arms, thighs, calves, hamstrings, and legs strong and strengthens your arms and legs. It also improves blood flow.
- Sit on the floor by spreading your hands on the floor and bend your knees.
- Your knees should be below your hips and your hands should be under your shoulders.
- Spread your fingers, your weight should be evenly on them and your entire palm.
- Raise yourself on your knees until your legs are straight.
- If you can, move your heel slowly towards the floor while keeping your palms and fingers flat on the floor.
- Spread your legs equal to the hip distance and keep your head between your upper arms.
- In this pose, your body will become the reverse “V” of English, in which your bent hips will be like a small mountain and your arms and legs will be spread on both sides.
- Stop and breathe in this pose. Stop 5 to 10 breaths, then release.
The relaxed posture of Shavasan reduces blood pressure and stress.
- Lie on your back and make the distance as far as possible between the two legs.
- Keep the foot paws on the outside and the eddy on the inside.
- Straighten both hands. Fold the fingers and keep the neck straight.
- Close the eyes and leave the part of the toe from head to loose.
- Now focus on your breathing process.
- Feel the breath coming in and out of both nostrils.
- After some time, focus on the chest and navel. Remove all thoughts from the mind and focus your attention only on the body.
Although yoga practice is very beneficial for the body and mind, it is not advisable to try it in lieu of medicine. Just like that practicing yoga for high blood pressure provides many physical and mental benefits but it cannot be used in place of any medicine. It is necessary that you must contact your doctor and practice according to the instructions or doctor..
Jun 21, 2021
Yoga For Eyes: Effective Eye Yoga Poses For Better Vision
Many of the yoga postures specially designs to improve the functioning of the body parts. Similarly, Various poses are available[...]
Jun 20, 2021
Yoga For Schizophrenia: Yogasanas for Mental Illness
There isn't much scientific evidence about yoga for schizophrenia, but some small studies have led to the belief that yoga[...]
Jun 19, 2021
Yoga for fibromyalgia:6 pose try for Natural cure
If You have Fibromyalgia, Why Wait! Scroll down continue to read this article and learn more about the best poses[...]