One of the tremendous Yoga practice is Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation. which is a sequence of 12 powerful yoga poses. This is the best exercise for the human body as well as consists of important Yogasanas and Pranayama.
It is derived from Sanskrit words Surya meaning the “Sun” the source of all forms of life on the earth. and Namaskar meaning a greeting to revered Sun god in its honor and assimilating the faith to its divine presence on our world and impact on our body.
Why Surya Namaskar?
Doing Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation provides immense bodily pleasure as it cleanses the mind, body, and soul with its tenacious practice. Through this practice, all the nerves and nadis of our body become functional, so the disorders of laziness, excessive depression are removed. Skin diseases are eliminated or the chances of their occurrence end.
What is Best Time to do Surya Namaskar ?
Sun Salutation should be performed in the morning with an empty stomach. It requires cohesive body flow and breathing exercises.
There are 12 unique and powerful Yoga Asanas or pose.12 mantras are followed while doing these asanas. which offer a myriad of benefits from the good cardiovascular system to improved flexibility and better digestive system. Let us look 12 Surya Namaskar Steps
Step 1. Pranamasana (Prayer Pose)
1. At first, you need to stand at the mat’s edge in Mountain pose by bringing your legs together.
2. Inhale and lift both of your arms up.
3. Now, exhale in a calm fashion bringing your palms to the front of your chest in the position of prayer.
Step 2. Hasta Uttanasana (The Raised Arms Pose)
1. Now fill deep breaths and move both hands upwards. Now tilt the arms and the neck back towards the back with your back from the waist.
2. Remember to keep the biceps close to your ears. The goal is to stretch the entire body.
Step 3. Hastapadasana (Hand to Foot Pose)
1. Exhale and fold forward by keeping your palms pressed downwards with fingertips in line with the toes.
2. Bend your knees if you feel discomfort at first. It will improve over time, and you will achieve a straight legs position.
3. Now exhale and bring the hands down to the floor just beside your feet.
About Hastapadasana Yoga :
Derived from Sanskrit words, Hasta meaning hands, Padah meaning foot and Asana meaning posture, it is exuberating Yogic exercise. However, it requires immense concentration.
Benefits of Hastapadasana Yoga :
1. Strengthens your back muscles and make it flexible.
2. Helps in weight loss and reduces hair loss.
3. Increases blood supply to the brain, boosting the nervous system.
4. Cures digestive system disorders and removes belly fat.
5. In women, it relives in menstrual problems.
Step 4. Ashwa Sanchalanasana (The Equestrian Pose)
1. First Inhale and push your left leg back as far as you possibly can.
2. Now bring the right foot forward placing them between your hands.
Step 5. Kumbhakasana (Plank Pose)
1. While retaining the breath, bring your other leg back.
2. Support your weight on your toes and hands. Now, your body is in a straight line like a push-up position.
Step 6. Ashtanga Namaskara (The Salute With Eight Parts)
1. Now bring your knees gently to the floor and exhale.
2. Bend your knees to the floor.
3. Lower your chin and chest to the floor.
4. Your chin, chest, hands, knees and feet, the eight body parts will be touching the floor.
Step 7. Bhujangasana (The Cobra Pose)
1. Inhale slowly and raise the upper body in Cobra pose.
2. Keep elbows bent and shoulders away from your ears.
3. Now, look up.
Step 8. Adho Mukha Svanasana
1. Exhale and curl your toes under.
2. Raise your hips and pivot them into an inverted “V” shape.
3. Now, try to push your heels while keeping your head down and your shoulders back.
Step 9. Ashwa Sanchalanasana (The Equestrian Pose)
1. Inhale and then push your Right leg as far as possible.
2. Bend your left knee.
3. Place your arms right next to your feet.
Step 10. Hastapaadasana (Hand to Foot Pose)
1. Exhale and fold forward.
2. Press your palms down with fingertips in perfect line with the toes. In case of discomfort, bend your knees.
3. As you exhale, bring down your hands to the floor right beside your feet.
Step 11. Hasta Uttanasana (The Raised Arms Pose)
1. Now, inhale and lift the arms up and back while keeping the biceps close to your ears.
2. Try to put the effort into stretching your body.
Step 12. Pranamasana (Prayer Pose)
1. Finally, stand at mat’s edge in same Mountain pose with your legs together.
This situation will remain similar to the first position. After performing the Surya Namaskar, do some respite.
2. Exhale and bring your palms again in front of your chest in a prayer position.
“Practice Yoga and Pranayama: Download today app 7pranayama from App store or Play store”
Top 12 Benefits of Surya Namaskar
- Surya Namaskar keeps the nervous system clean and strengthens the condition. This posture makes endocrine and thyroid gland more active.
- In today’s time, children are facing strong competition in every task, so the stamina increases in their daily routine. that’s why it also great for kids in order to improve concentration and calm the mind.
- Many Practitioners says that during the Surya Namaskar, there is enough air in the lungs to breathe in and breathe through the action of breathing, and it acts to deliver more oxygen to the blood. Carbon dioxide gets rid of the body and blood circulation is better.
- Regular practicing of this asana will end off constipation and abdominal diseases and increases the functioning of the digestive tract. and also solve problems such as digestive problems, indigestion, constipation, indigestion, gas, lethargy, and appetite.
- It will decrease fat, which is very helpful in reducing the belly fat of obese people.
- The person who regularly exercises reduces the risk of problems such as heart disease, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, diabetes, and arthritis.
- it protects hair against white and dandruff, as well as the chances of getting infected, are over.
- The waist is flexible and the spinal cord strengthens and all the vertebrates are flexible, healthy and well-strengthened. also Develops the chest.
- Surya Namaskar also helps to strengthen the body muscles, stomach, liver, kidney, gall bladder, and whisper.
- Surya Namaskar will bring you deep sleep without any obstruction. You will not have to take any medicines to sleep.
- As a result, Surya Namaskar is more beneficial for women, not only suffering from the problem of irregular mesic religion but also increased the capacity of the reproductive system also improves.
- A study suggest that SSN can improve pulmonary function, respiratory pressures, hand grip strength and endurance.
Side of Face while practicing Sury namskar ?
Sun always rise east and practising east side face bring more postive energy.
Contradiction for Surya namaskar
Third and fifth positions of Surya Namaskar are prohibited for patients with cervical and slip disks.
May 14, 2021
Amazing Benefits of Yoga for Tennis Players
Practicing Yoga by tennis players can be an important foundation, as yoga has greater flexibility, joint mobility, and stability for[...]
May 13, 2021
Yoga For Senior Citizens: 7 Valuable Yoga Poses For Elderly
Yoga practice has been an infallible practice to keep us healthy for thousands of years. There is no natural way[...]
May 12, 2021
Stretch The Wrists With Yoga For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Wrist Tendonitis
Vinyasa poses or even Mudra (hand gestures) assigned to yoga groups can be done to reduce carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist[...]