Hastapadasana is derived from sanskrit the words hasta means hands, padah means foot and asana means posture or pose. It is also known as standing forward bend or hands to feet pose. This asana requires a high level of concentration.
How to do Hastapadasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend):
1. Stand straight with your feet together and arms alongside your body such that your weight is equal on both feet.
2. Now while inhaling extend your arms over your head.
3. Now while exhaling bend little forward towards the feet and rest your hands on your feet.
4. Then, stretch your arms and spine to bend further and rest your hands either on the floor or beside your feet. The legs and spine should remain erect.
5. Stay in this position as long as you can comfortably while breathing deeply.
6. Now while inhaling slowly come back to the standing position with your arms overhead.
7. Finally bring your hands down while exhaling.
“Practice Hastapadasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend): Download today app 7pranayama from App store or Play store”
Benefits of Hastapadasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend):
- It gives strength to the muscles of your back.
- It helps in weight loss.
- It is good for hair loss.
- It is good for the nervous system as it increases the blood supply.
- All disorders of belly and digestive system can be cured by the daily practice of this asana.
- It makes the backbone flexible.
- It relieves menstrual problems in women.
- People suffering from lower back injury should not try this asana.
- People suffering from cervical or any kind of back pain should avoid this.
- People suffering from spondylitis should also not perform this asana.
- A person suffering from spinal problems, hypertension, ulcers or a hernia, cardiac problems should not try this asana.
- Avoid this asana if you had recently suffered from chronic injuries of hips, legs, shoulders or back.%MCEPASTEBIN%
You can also read:- 10 Yoga Poses For Beginners | 7 Simple Yoga for Shoulders Pain | Yoga for belly fat | Yoga to increase Height | 7 Yoga Poses for Insomnia | Nadis | 7 Yoga poses for Weight Lifters |
Jun 21, 2021
Yoga For Eyes: Effective Eye Yoga Poses For Better Vision
Many of the yoga postures specially designs to improve the functioning of the body parts. Similarly, Various poses are available[...]
Jun 20, 2021
Yoga For Schizophrenia: Yogasanas for Mental Illness
There isn't much scientific evidence about yoga for schizophrenia, but some small studies have led to the belief that yoga[...]
Jun 19, 2021
Yoga for fibromyalgia:6 pose try for Natural cure
If You have Fibromyalgia, Why Wait! Scroll down continue to read this article and learn more about the best poses[...]