Yoga is a vast activity for bringing more power, speed, and endurance into your life. That means connecting breath to movement. but it’s really the breath linking those postures together that makes it more powerful. In this way, Dwichakrikasana is one simple yoga sequence that is group strengthen the digestive system and can be repeated to establish a daily practice easily. Dwichakrikasana, especially those training regularly, may be beneficial for their indigestion, constipation, acidity, lower belly fat, diabetes, excess wind, Lack of appetite.
Dwichakrikasana is a Sanskrit word. In which Dwichakrika means two-wheeler and Asana means Yoga Pose, during the practice of this asana it looks like someone cycling that’s why It is also known as a cycling yoga pose.
Cycling Yoga Pose helps to activate the Solar Plexus (Manipura Chakra). That is commonly found in the Kids yoga sequences and Hip opening yoga sequences.
How to do Dwichakrikasana (Cycling Yoga Pose)
- To come in Cycling Yoga Pose, Just lie down on your back, and relax in Savasana Pose.
- Stop your breath and lift your one leg and bend up at the knee, bring your ankle near the hip and rotate same like as paddling. In this position, your legs seem like paddling of bicycle and hands seems to handle the bicycle.
- Repeat this position as long as possible, but beginners should try for some time.
- After that repeat this with your opposite leg.
- Now, start rotating continuously both legs same like as paddling bicycle.
- for some time come back in Savasana position and rest.
- Now get ready for the next level.
- fold your both legs and curve up at the knee and start rotating your both legs together at a time trying to make a circle during paddling.
- Mind your breath, during the process exhale, when one rotation is complete then inhale.
- When you feel tired, come back Savasana and rest in Balasana.
Benefits of Dwichakrikasana (Cycling Yoga Pose)
- Dwichakrikasana (Cycling Yoga Pose) is best and basic level asana that provide strength to back, hip, thighs.
- This is the best Yoga for belly fat and other regions.
- Cycling Yoga Pose is more beneficial in constipation as well as acidity.
- This Pose is also Beneficial in corrosiveness and obstruction.
- This asana also improves body posture as well as hips flexibility
- It also improves blood circulation.
- Daily practices of Cycling Yoga Pose also helps to stimulate the abdominal organs, prostate glands, endocrine gland, bladder, and kidneys.
- If you feel any discomfort or irregularity with the menstruation, it will help in curing menstruation problems.
- You should always consult with physician and research a properly trained teacher before starting a yoga practice.
- If you suffering from Back pain, Slip disc OR chronic disease should not be practicing this asana.
- If you have a recent or chronic injury to the hips, legs or shoulders don’t practice this asana.
- Do not overdo the exercises if you feel not comfortable in your body.
- Do not practice in case of Low and high blood pressure.
According to the experts, this asana is considered best when yogi practiced early in the morning. Mornings are preferred as the food is digested as well as the body has the energy to perform the asana. due to some reason, you cannot practice it in the morning, you can practice this asana in the evening as well. but at least keep 3-5 hour gap between your practice and meal.
Feb 02, 2023
Yoga After Eating: Simple Asanas For Digestion After Overeating
There are many yoga asanas in yoga that you can do after overeating or post-dinner, these sweet yoga poses help[...]
Jan 13, 2023
Apanasana (Knees-to-Chest Pose)- Steps, Benefits & Precautions
Knees to Chest Pose aka Apanasana performed in the supine position and is also a wonderful way to release the[...]
Jan 09, 2023
12 Surya Mantras: Surya Namaskar Mantra You Need to Know
Surya Namaskar is the best among Yogasanas. This practice alone is able to benefit the practitioner from the complete yoga[...]