It is like sitting on an imaginary chair that it’s called chair pose. Benefits of Utkatasana is also known as fierce pose, thunderbolt pose, wild pose, hazardous pose, and powerful pose. it is a powerful pose to strengthen the legs.
Chair Pose (Utkatasana) is a Sanskrit word, that means, Utkat-wild/fierce and asana-pose.
Utkatasana is practiced early in the morning with an empty stomach or after seven hours having food(foods takes much time to digest).
How to do Chair Pose (Utkatasana)?
- Stand in Tadasana with deep inhale and raise arms forward perpendicular to the floor, palm facing downward without elbows bend.
- The feet should be parallel and must slightly separate the same amount.
- Ensure that the knees don’t go beyond the toes.
- Slowly exhale with bend the knees forward and take the thighs parallel to the floor. sending buttocks behind as possible as seems like sit on an imaginary chair.
- Pull the abdomen in and up.
- Make yourself comfortable and hold 10 to 15 deep breath.
- To come out of this pose, inhale, straighten the knee, exhale and release the arms. now come back in tadasana.
8 Amazing Benefits of Utkatasana
- Utkasana pose helps to make strengthening of the hips. and also helps in muscles around the hips.
- It also helps to create space between hip ribcage.
- The upper body such as the shoulder, the chest, the neck, the spine, and the arms gets deep stretch and strength.
- Solve the digestion problems and balancing the body.
- Feet muscles also too excellently.
- Great message for the abdominal organs and lower back. and also stimulates the heart.
- Everyday practices of the Utkatasana is good effectively to improve confidence, inner strength and reduce stress.
is also helpsin losing fat, especially the thighs and buttocks.
- Use the support of a chair or wall for low back, pain, and injury.
- do not take time more than 90 seconds in this pose.
- it must be avoided suffering from headaches, arthritis, insomnia, low blood pressure, damaged ligaments.
Beginners can take the support of a chair or partner.it can give good support to the body for maintain the pose.
Nov 29, 2023
How to do Bakasana (Crow/Crane Pose ) And Its Benefits?
"Bakasana" is just another name of Crane or Crow Pose, also known as Kakasna. Basically, work on arm and wrist[...]
Nov 22, 2023
5 Yoga Poses for Ajna Chakra Balance and Spiritual Alignment
The concept of seven chakras is rooted in ancient Indian spiritual traditions, particularly within the practice of yoga and Ayurveda.[...]
Nov 02, 2023
7 Yoga Poses For Women Looking To Get A Leaner Body
Yoga is a wonderful practice for women (and men) that can help them achieve a toned and leaner body when[...]