There are many types of arthritis conditions, but the most common are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and psoriatic arthritis. The symptoms of all these are similar – swelling and pain in joints, difficulty in walking. Actually, all this is a type of arthritis that is very painful. There are various methods through which you can get rid of arthritis reduce joint pain, improve flexibility and function, and lower stress and tension for better sleep. One of the best ways is Yoga. Do you know that only yoga is such a technique that not only can reduce this pain but can also be eradicated? You need to do each Yoga for arthritis in a particular sequence for two to five minutes while holding each position being gentle towards your body without any strain or pain.
Apart from these, complete physical and mental relaxation, nutritious food intake, sunshine, light massage and physical therapy are very important for the patient.
Stronger muscles are needed to keep the leg bones in the correct alignment and to reduce the weight on them. Strong muscles can be created through yoga exercise. Yoga exercise is necessary at least 3 times a week.
Vrikshasana (Tree Pose)
Vriksasana is essentially a balancing pose, and it does have many benefits which lie in both improving the balance of the body as well as enhancing the entire nervous system.
How To Do-
- Stand upright with hands next to you.
- While bending the right knee, place your right paw on the left thigh. The sole of your foot is perpendicular to the thigh and adjacent to the upper part.
- Gratefully move your hands over the head and make a greeting posture.
To Know More:- How to do Vrikshasana (Tree Pose) and What Are Its Benefits?
Downward Facing Dog Pose
Downward Facing Dog Pose is a favorite among advanced yogis as well as yoga beginners. It gives the whole body a good stretch and is a better option for warm-up organs. It is the best pose of yoga for Arthritis sequances.
How To Do:-
- First of all, sit on the yoga mats on the knees and palms.
- Then, exhaling, lift the body upwards from the middle.
- At this stage, the head will be in between the two elbows and the body will look like a ‘V’ shape.
- Keep in mind that both feet and hands remain straight in this state.
- During this asana, try pulling your neck inward and looking at your navel. Also, try to plant the ankles from the ground.
- Remain in this position for a few seconds.
Balasana (Child Pose)
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis have to undergo extreme discomfort. In such a situation, the practice of Balasana will make them very beneficial. The number of people doing it has increased considerably in the last few years.
- Get the state of Vajrasana by laying mats on a flat spot.
- Now take long deep breaths and raise your hands upwards.
- After this, while exhaling, bend forward and try to apply the forehead to the ground.
- After bending, keep both hands spread on the ground.
- Keep in mind that both the palms are adjacent to the ground and keep the buttocks with ankles.
- Now put pressure on the thighs lightly.
- Stay in this posture to the best of your ability.
Know More Here:- Balasana (Child Pose) Yoga | Steps | Benefits | Precaution
Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
- Lie on your back with your knees bent.
- lift your hips towards the ceiling while keeping your palms and feet on the floor.
- Move your hands above your head.
“Practice Setu Bandhasana: Download today app 7pranayama from App store or Play store”
Marjariasana or Cat stretch
The practice of Marjariasana greatly benefits the patient with arthritis. All the abdominal muscles are exercised with this asana. By doing this asana, strengthens arms, wrists, and shoulders.
- Come on your knees and hands and make the body like a table.
- Just below your hands, keep the palms sticking to the ground.
- Move your chin upwards towards the head.
- While exhaling, apply the chin to the chest and lift the back as much as possible in the bow shape.
“Practice Marjariasana: Download today app 7pranayama from App store or Play store”
Virabhadrasana (The Warrior Pose)
This pose is excellent for the overall vitality and strengthening of the body. Virabhadrasana is famous in all yoga classes due to builds Stamina. By doing this asana, blood circulation starts in the feet rapidly, which ends the stiffness of the muscles of the knees and thighs and provides relief from pain.
- Start with the Mountain Pose or Tadasana.
- Keep your legs around four feet apart from each other.
- Raise your arms to parallel to the floor and turn your head to the left.
- Turn your left foot 90 degrees to the left and bend your left knee.
“Practice Virabhadrasana: Download today app 7pranayama from App store or Play store”
Savasana (Corpse Pose)
Corpse Pose seems easy but when you start practicing this you will get benefits that kind of you won’t get from another pose.
- Lie down on your back.
- Keep both hands at least 4-5 inches away from the body. Close your eyes.
- Slowly focus your attention on every part of the body and relax your entire body, and leave the entire body loose.
- Now focus all your attention on your breath.
- Focus on breathing at the end of this pose. Start moving your hands and toes lightly, then rotate your buds. Now raise your hands up and give your entire body a splash or stretching and slowly get up and sit down with a slap.
The Bottom Line
If there is pain in any situation or poses, change immediately, do not play with your body at all.
Yoga brings awareness to your mental, physical and emotional state. Make sequences of yoga for Arthritis a part of your daily routine and feel relaxed.
Mar 20, 2021
5 Effective Yoga Poses For Irregular Periods
In modern times, most women have problems with menstruation and irregular periods due to poor lifestyles, lack of a clean[...]
Mar 18, 2021
How to do Sucirandhrasana And What are Its Benefits?
Sucirandhrasana is an excellent practicing for cross-legged Supine poses as well as considered a warm-up yoga pose to prare the[...]
Mar 12, 2021
How to do Chair Pose (Utkatasana) And What Are Its Benefits?
It is like sitting on an imaginary chair that it's called chair pose. Benefits of Utkatasana is also known as[...]