Pavanamuktasana is a reclined posture that helps to release digestive gases from the intestine and stomach with great ease.
Well, all yoga poses names came from Sanskrit here Pavan means wind Mukt means Relieving and asana means pose. this is also called Wind-Relieving Pose. As the name itself suggests, this asana helps in removing unnecessary gas from the digestive tract of the stomach. That’s why it is called Wind Relieving Pose in English. A regular Yoga regime conditions all the organs of the body, keeping them well as they should.
When we eat food the digestion process of the body broke down food into a small piece, the end result of the digestion process produced hydrogen, methane kind of unwanted gases. In getting these unwanted gases out of the digestive system, Pavanmuktasana is an effective treatment posture.
Now time to learn more about Pavanmuktasana, aka Wind-Relieving Yoga Pose, the benefits of Wind-Relieving Pose, and contraindications, and modifications.
Quick Pavanamuktasana Facts
Sanskrit name – Pavanamuktasana
English name – Wind-Relieving Posture
Pronunciation as – PUH-vuhn-mukt-AAHS-uh-nuh
Meaning – Pavan means Wind or Air and Asana means pose of yoga or posture.
Level: Basic level asana
Type of Yoga – reclined yoga pose
Also known as – the One-Legged Knee-to-Chest Pose.
How To Do Pavanamuktasana Yoga
The way to perform Pavanamuktasana is very easy, but you may have some difficulty in practicing this asana. Therefore it is important that this asana is practiced properly. Let us know how to perform Pavanmuktasana.
- Lie down on the floor and both hands on the side with the exhale lifting.
- Take a deep inhale slowly with raising both legs without bending the knees and stand both legs at a 90-degree angle from the floor.
- Bend both knees and bring towards the chest.
- Now hugging the knees with both hands (make a semi-circle on the knees) and press the ham on the abdomen with clasped hands.
- Hold the pose as well as possible with normal inhale-exhale breathing.
- After this bend, the neck towards the knees and try to touch the nose on the knee and take a deep inhaling with few lose the grip and exhaling time tight the grip or come back to the ground and relax.
- Stay in this position for about four to five seconds. After that, while breathing, bring the head slowly to the ground and while exhaling, straighten the hands and feet and return to the previous position.
Time duration of Ustrasana
Initially practice this asana for only 5 to 10 seconds and then with more proficiency, the duration can be improved to about 1 minute. This asana should be practiced daily in the morning.
- Savasana / Corpse pose
Benefits of Pavanamuktasana
Pavanmuktasan is generally considered to be the best yoga for farting. Along with this, there are many such benefits of Pavanmuktasana that will surprise you.
- The biggest benefit of Pavanmuktasana is that by doing this asana daily, the unwanted gas is removed from the digestive system of the stomach.
- Pavanmuktasana heals stomach organ to proper flow prana in Manipura Chakra. Well, the Body has many Chakras and NADIS and 3rd chakra is Manipura chakra from 7 major chakras which work for digestive systems.
- The practice of Pavanmuktasana narrows your abdominal muscles and stimulates the nerves in the abdomen area, increasing blood circulation and making the abdominal organs work properly. This increases the efficiency of the abdominal muscles.
- Regular practice of this asana strengthens the abdominal muscles and brings reed bone flexibility.
- This asana also works to strengthen the muscles. It strengthens the muscles found in the hands and feet, as well as the muscles of the stomach and back.
- If you have Sciatica disease or have back pain and trouble with slip disc, then you should practice Pavanmuktasan daily.
- Especially women suffering from uterine problems are advised to perform this asana. This asana helps in curing diseases related to the uterus. This asana is also beneficial in improving fertility and known as the best fertility yoga.
Things to keep in mind before performing Pavanmuktasana
Always perform this asana empty stomach or at least have a gap of four hours between your meals and yoga routine.
The asana asks for quite a lot of energy so you should practice warm-up yoga poses before practicing Pavanmukatasana.
The best is to perform yoga in the morning time. No worries if you cannot make it up in the morning, try to do it in the evening but make sure of the gap between the meals.
Keep patience and know your limits. However, you need to trust yourself a lot if you’re doing it for the first time.
Precautions of the Wind-Relieving yoga Pose
- This asana must be avoided who suffering from piles, hernia, heart problem, and slip disc.
- Women avoid this asana if they are not comfortable in mense.
- Pregnant women should not be practiced without doctors’ approval.
- Neck problem people can practice but without raising the neck.
- If had any recent abdominal surgery must be avoided this asana.
Pavanmuktasana is quite an amazing pose, especially for those who like to practice exercise which wants to clear their stomach. This is a pose that can be easily performed by both men and women. Moreover, Pavanmuktasana has several benefits which are enough to live a happy fulfilled life.
Sep 22, 2022
The Guide to Yoga Class Etiquette – Tips For scholar Yogis
Whether you’re new to yoga, or you’re a well-tried yogi, it is essential to deem “what is yoga etiquette?” consists[...]
Sep 21, 2022
6 Poses of Yoga For Bipolar Disorder Management
Yoga is a viable treatment option for bipolar disorder. Testimony to survey responses from researchers suggests that while yoga for[...]
Sep 15, 2022
7 yoga asanas you should do everyday to burn extra calories
Yoga to burn extra calories is depending on several factors, including: the style of yoga you’re doingthe intensity and pace[...]