Dhyana mudra is the hand gesture usually practice a time of meditation. The benefits of the dhyana mudra are to bring you into more profound concentration.
The word Dhyana in Sanskrit is made up of two essential parts- Dh Which means “Eclipse or Mind” and Yana which means “moving” or “going”.
Meditation is the most important part of yoga, which requires deep mental concentration. The mind has to be removed from running thoughts and stabilized at a point or an idea, but it is best to close the eyes and try to look at the midpoint of the eyebrow and focus the mind. Dhyana mudra completely cleanses the internal form of the mind and leads it to positivity.
Dhyana mudra is also known as Samadhi mudra. According to Hinduism, the godhead sits in a meditation position and places the right hand inside the left hand in the lap with the palms turned up. This position is known as Yoga mudra. A deep secret is hidden in the yoga mudra.
In conclusion, the following up explanation practice is Dhyana mudra.
How to do Dhyana Mudra
Dhyana Mudra is associated with the meditation that performing together with deep breathing and meditation asanas. It is a yogic hand gesture that is performed by placing the right hand on the palm of the left hand. the meditation mudra that is created by this is also called Amitabh Dhyana Mudra. For anyone who has to sit for long periods of meditation, this Dhyana is appropriate.
There are some simple steps that will explain how to do this Dhyana Hasta Mudra.
- First of all, sit in any comfortable seating posture and place the hands with palm pointing upwards on the thighs or the knees.
- Sit any sitting pose Vajrasana, Padmasana, Siddhasana, Swastikasana, etc. a posture which you comfortable for sitting 30 minutes.
- The back should be straight, the backbone is in a straight line. Sitting comfortably,
- Do not sit in a posture that causes pain or discomfort and distracts the mind.
- If it is not possible to sit on the ground, then you can sit directly on a chair.
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths with the awareness of the breathing process.
- Now put together your hands in your lap. Place your right hand inside of your left hand with your palms facing up.
- Shape the bowl of the hands.
- Both thumbs should touch each other, forming a triangle.
- The fingers are extended.
- Your hands should be placed on the level of the stomach or the thighs.
- Removing all thoughts from the mind has to focus the mind only on OM.
- Do not decrease or increase the speed of breath from your side.
You can practice this Mudra by standing in Tadasana Yoga (Mountain pose), otherwise sitting on a chair. Perform this pose for 35 minutes at a stretch every day or for 10 to 12 minutes three times a day.
This mudra is beneficial for the body in many ways, it helps in curing various types of diseases, let us know the benefits of Varun mudra in detail.
Benefits of Dhyana Mudra (Gesture Of Meditation)
- Most importantly, Dhyana is not only a means of attainment or salvation of God but it also brings positiveness in your thinking.
- The shape of the triangle made by both thumb, represent the three jewels of Buddhism- Buddha, Sangha (community), Dharma (teachings).
- Dhyana mudra is beneficial for both our body and mind. It releases tension from your body, calms the mind.
- Dhyana increases knowledge. Because whenever you meditate, your memory power increases even more.
- Moreover, this Mudra alerts the flow of life in the body.
- Through this, the Kundalini or source of energy can be awakened.
- In addition, Dhyana mudra is no less than a boon for students. With this, memory is developed and knowledge is increased, it takes the mind to read
This mudra also practices in a standing, sitting or lying down on a bed whenever. You can chant a mantra or switch words silently. No particular time duration for this mudra. Of course, All mudra is very effective when you do the mudras between 4-6 AM. To an excellent, the best and efficient results, make sure you practice regularly for two months.
However, all mudras are beneficial to us without any side-effects. pressure should not be applied on the thumb. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable. As a result, nothing at all. Perform this mudra freely.
Mar 21, 2021
Helpful Yoga Mudras For Sleep: That Cures Insomnia And Improve Sleep
If you are also facing a lack of enough sleep, some mudras will help with this. The practice of constant[...]
Mar 12, 2021
7 Effective Yoga Mudras For Healing
You can make different yoga asanas with your hands, they are called 'Mudras' or hand gestures. It is said that[...]
Mar 06, 2021
How to do Brahma Mudra And What Are Its Benefits?
Brahma mudra is an extremely important mudra of yoga. Its regular practice not only gives you freedom from depression but[...]