Shunya Mudra Popularly known as Aakaash Shaamak. It represents the element of our inner heaven. And decrease the space element (akasha) in the body. It is practiced to reduce the imbalance that arises from the growth of the Akash elements. Our middle finger is connected to the sky, this mudra conducts the fire elements inside the body.
The name Shunya mudra comes from the Sanskrit language. where Shunya, meaning “emptiness,” “openness” or “spaciousness,” and mudra, meaning “gesture” or “seal.” Shunya may also refer to the sky or Heaven. As such, as the name suggests Shunya mudra may be translated as “Heaven mudra.”
This is also effective for Ear pain so this mudra is effective for ear pain.
Imortance of Shunya mudra
Shunya Mudra is used for spiritual awakening in meditation or Pranayama. It is a hands gesture yoga posture that is enlightened to hear the hidden sounds of nature or Anahata sounds. These Anahata sounds are not the usual sounds. Thus, at this stage, a human can enjoy a level of peace or tranquillity. In fact, long-term practice will produce the best results for living a happy or healthy life.
How to do Shunya Mudra Steps
Shunya Mudra is associated with the level of peace or tranquillity. it is a yogic hand gesture that is one of the easiest mudras to perform. The middle finger is the symbol of the sky that takes care of the heaven element in the body. It can be done anytime and anywhere. There are some simple steps which will explain how to do this Shunya Hasta Mudra:
- First of all, sit in any comfortable seating posture and place the hands with palm pointing upwards on the thighs or the knees.
- Meditation postures like Padmasana, Siddhasana, Swastikasana, Vajrasana, etc. are ideal for the practice of mudras.
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths with the awareness of the breathing process.
- Now fold your middle finger and press it with your thumb. You may feel some pain. But that does not last long.
- The rest of all fingers should be kept extended as much as possible.
- In addition, it should be done with both hands simultaneously.
- Perform this pose for 35 minutes at a stretch every day or for 10 to 12 minutes three times a day.
It is not necessary for doing this at an empty stomach. You may also practice this mudra with a full stomach. Shunya mudra also practices in a standing, sitting or lying down posture.
Benefits of Shunya Mudra (Heaven Mudra)
- The practice of Heaven mudra is useful to balance for the people who have tri-dosha.
- In the deafness of the ears, this mudra acts as a panacea.
- Its regular practice awakens intuition in a person.
- This meditation mudra used to decrease space elements within the body.
- It also helps in the Vata constitution.
- if there is numbness in any part of the body, applying this mudra removes numbness. Numbness occurs only where blood circulation is not well. This mudra increases blood circulation.
- With the continuous practice of this mudra, diseases related to the ear can be removed. Like when there is deafness in the ears, the ear is flowing, there is a pain, or some kind of sound comes from the ear.
- Willpower is strengthened by its regular practice.
- It is also immensely helpful in the case of thyroids.
- This mudra reduces mental stress.
- Heart disease and throat diseases are also removed.
A Specialty of Sunhya Yoga Mudra
This mudra is associated with the Ayurvedic Vata dosha. Hence, Shunya mudra can be helpful for those who suffer from aggravated Vata dosha. And the dosha associated with the nervous system and waste elimination.
Heaven mudra stimulates the heart chakra, which governs communication, self-expression, truth, and purification.
Mudra of heaven also practices in a standing, sitting or lying down on a bed whenever. You can chant a mantra or switch words silently. No particular time duration for the mudra. Of course, All mudra is very effective when you do the mudras between 4-6 AM. You can do this mudra three times a day for 15 minutes. To an excellent, the best and efficient results, make sure you practice regularly for two months.
There should be an interval of at least one hour in doing Surya Mudra every once in a while.
Precautions of Shunya mudra
Although there are many benefits of doing Sunhya Mudra, it is very important to take some precautions before doing it.
- Sun pose should not be done when there is a weakness in the body.
- Do not do this mudra immediately before or after having food, sitting in a posture and concentrating on doing Sunhya mudra is more beneficial.
Mar 21, 2021
Helpful Yoga Mudras For Sleep: That Cures Insomnia And Improve Sleep
If you are also facing a lack of enough sleep, some mudras will help with this. The practice of constant[...]
Mar 12, 2021
7 Effective Yoga Mudras For Healing
You can make different yoga asanas with your hands, they are called 'Mudras' or hand gestures. It is said that[...]
Mar 06, 2021
How to do Brahma Mudra And What Are Its Benefits?
Brahma mudra is an extremely important mudra of yoga. Its regular practice not only gives you freedom from depression but[...]