Yoga plays an emphatic role in dealing with stress and anxiety along with relieving the person from tension. In this article, we talk about 7 amazing yoga for stress relief poses or postures that you can practice to deal with stress and anxiety and reduce tension.
1. Marjariasana (Cat Pose)
Derived from Sanskrit words, Marjari meaning Cat and Asana meaning posture, Marjariasana is also known as cat stretch pose.
Benefits of Marjariasana yoga (Cat Stretch):
- It makes your spine gain more flexibility.
- It improves the digestive system using massaging the digesting organs.
- It improves the blood circulation in the body which relaxes the mind.
- It also strengthens shoulders, arms as well as wrists.
- It helps in relieving backache.
- It stretches the entire back as well as abdominal muscles.
2. Balasana (Child Pose)
Derived from Sanskrit words Bala meaning child and Asana meaning posture, Balasana is quite a beneficial yogic exercise which provides physical as well as mental and emotional relief. It is also called as Garbhasana and Shashankasana which helps you achieve positive feelings and stress-free lifestyle you used to have in childhood days and taking away the arrogance and ill feelings that we get trapped into our adult life.
Benefits of Balasana (Child Pose) Yoga:
- It helps in relieving constipation.
- It calms down the nervous system and lymphatic system.
- It quiets the mind and helps in easing stress.
- It relaxes back muscles, making body flexible and helps in getting rid of dizziness and fatigue.
- It increases the blood circulation in the brain which reduces a headache and relieves tension.
- It encourages healthy breathing which helps in getting more oxygen into the bloodstream.
- It is quite helpful for diabetic patients.
3. Uttanasana (Standing forward bend )
Derived from Sanskrit words, Ut meaning Intense, Tan means stretching and extending, and Asana meaning pose. It is also called Standing Forward Bend. This yoga pose involves intense stretching of body muscles. It helps in achieving calmness of the mind while stretching as well as rejuvenating the entire body. In this asana, you head hangs below the heart which allows freshly oxygenated blood to flow to your brain.
Benefits of Uttanasana (Standing forward bend) Yoga:
- This pose improves the circulation of blood in legs, torso as well as brain which provides vital nutrients to the facial skin, scalp and even eyes and ears.
- It strengthens thighs and knees and helps in relieving stress trapped in them.
- It reduces headaches with a good flow of blood to the brain and relieves fatigue and insomnia.
- It helps in relieving stress, anxiety and mild depression by revitalizing the nervous system.
4. Sukhasana (The Easy Sitting Pose)
It is one of the simplest poses for meditation suited for all beginners.
It is considered to be the simplest posture for meditation which is best suited for beginners. The great Yogi Patanjali device various asanas or postures which are both steady and comfortable. Most of these yogic postures are practiced to achieve better mental and physical health as it leaves an impact on body, mind, and soul.
Benefits of Sukhasana (The Easy Sitting Pose):
- It promotes inner calm.
- It helps in achieving a sense of relief and concentration towards mental peace.
- It eliminates anxiety and helps in relieving mental and physical exhaustion.
5. Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
Derived from Sanskrit words Setu meaning Bridge, Bandha meaning Lock and Asana meaning pose.
Benefits of Setu Bandhasana Yoga (Bridge Pose):
- It strengthens back muscles and provides good stretch to chest, neck and spine.
- It helps in removing belly as well as body fat.
- It regulates the thyroid gland which results in removing emotional complications due to imbalanced work of this gland.
- It reduces stress by improving blood circulation.
- It calms the brain and improves central nervous system functioning which assists in alleviating stress as well as mild depression.
6. Bitilasana (Cow Pose)
Derived from Sanskrit words, Bitila meaning Cow and Asana meaning pose, Bitilasana is as simpler as Marjariasana and quite similar.
Benefits of Bitilasana (Cow pose):
- It massages the organs and stimulates them to create emotional balance.
- It helps in relieving stress and achieve calmness of the mind.
Learn more – How To Do The Bitilasana And What Are Its Benefits
7. Shavasana (Corpse Pose)
Derived from Sanskrit words, Shava meaning Corpse and Asana meaning pose, savasana is usually done at the end of all the yoga practices where the practitioner has to lie flat on the back with the heels spread as wide as he can on the yoga mat along with the arms at the body sides with palms facing upward.
Benefits of Shavasana (Corpse Pose):
- It provides body relaxation and takes away the tension built into back, spine, shoulders, knees, and elbows.
- It puts the body at ease and emphasizes on total relaxation of the body.
- It quiets the nervous system of all the thoughts and hence helps in achieving lower blood pressure.
Jun 21, 2021
Yoga For Eyes: Effective Eye Yoga Poses For Better Vision
Many of the yoga postures specially designs to improve the functioning of the body parts. Similarly, Various poses are available[...]
Jun 20, 2021
Yoga For Schizophrenia: Yogasanas for Mental Illness
There isn't much scientific evidence about yoga for schizophrenia, but some small studies have led to the belief that yoga[...]
Jun 19, 2021
Yoga for fibromyalgia:6 pose try for Natural cure
If You have Fibromyalgia, Why Wait! Scroll down continue to read this article and learn more about the best poses[...]