Prana Mudra is a yoga mudra that symbolizes energy or spirit of life. Its work is as it is named. It protects human life and health. Just as Gyan Mudra removes mental tension, Varun mudra keeps the body hydrated. Shunya mudra increases the ability to hear; similarly, doing prana mudra increases life force or vitality.
The term comes from the Sanskrit, Prana, meaning “life force” or “energy,” and mudra, meaning “gesture of hand” or “seal.”
Prana mudra is considered the center of prana shakti. By doing this, the flow of life increases throughout the body. With the prana mudra, the balance of phlegm and fire element is established. And stimulate the root chakra.
In this mudra, both the little finger and the ring finger have to be touched with the thumb. Apart from this, the rest of the fingers are upright.
In conclusion, the following up explanation practice is Prana mudra.
Here we give a detail explanation about the Prana mudra and why it is important, benefits of Prana mudra and how to do and side effects also.
Steps to do Prana Mudra
Prana Mudra associated with the life force that performing together with deep breathing and meditation asanas. It is a yogic hand gesture that performs by the small and ring finger. The small finger is the symbol of the water element that protects the body from diseases caused by water. The ring finger is the symbol of air elements and the thumb is the symbol of the fire element. It can practice anytime and anywhere. There are some simple steps that will explain how to do this Prana Hasta Mudra.
- First of all, sit in any comfortable seating posture and place the hands with palm pointing upwards on the thighs or the knees.
- Meditation postures like Padmasana, Siddhasana, Swastikasana, Vajrasana, etc. are ideal for the practice of mudras.
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths with the awareness of the breathing process.
- Now fold your small and ring finger and tap the tip of the small and ring finger to the tip of the thumb.
- The rest of the index and middle fingers should be kept extend as much as possible.
- Removing all thoughts from the mind has to focus the mind only on OM.
- In addition, it should be practicing with both hands simultaneously.
- Do not decrease or increase the speed of breath from your side.
- Perform this pose for 35 minutes at a stretch every day or for 10 to 12 minutes three times a day.
You can practice this Mudra by standing in Tadasana Yoga (Mountain pose), otherwise sitting on a chair.
This mudra is beneficial for the body in many ways, it helps in curing various types of diseases, let us know the benefits of Prana mudra in detail.
Benefits of Prana Mudra
It is believing Apana mudra has a lot of spiritual, mental, and emotional benefits.
- Regular practice of prana mudra helps to improve concentration and creates vibrations in the body.
- It makes a person bold with inner stability and clarity of thoughts.
- This mudra fulfills the deficiency of Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K.
- This mudra is a panacea in heart disease.
- It removes many problems related to the eyes and this mudra is very helpful in increasing the light of the eyes.
- Prana mudra helps to overcome general debility, low endurance, Cronic fatigue, anger, irritability, pride, restlessness.
- It increases the immunity power of the body, and removes fatigue and infuses new energy.
- As a result, Prana mudra stimulates the Root Chakra (Muladhara) to create vibration and energy.
- During this mudra, the earth, water, and fire elements are also stimulated.
- The alien elements come out of this posture. The body becomes pure and clean.
- This mudra reduces the fire element in the body.
- Patients of diabetes get more benefit by doing 15 minutes of Apana mudra and 15 minutes of prana mudra.
- Apart from this, women who have severe pain during menstruation benefit from doing this mudra.
- On the other hand, applying this mudra daily in the ninth month of pregnancy makes delivery easier.
Even more, this mudra also practices in a standing, sitting or lying down on a bed whenever. You can chant a mantra or switch words silently. No particular time duration for this mudra. Of course, All mudra is very effective when you do the mudras between 4-6 AM. To an excellent, the best and efficient results, make sure you practice regularly for two months.
However, all mudras are beneficial to us without any side-effects. pressure should not be applied on the finger. Pressure means, your mind is restless and not stable. As a result, nothing at all. Perform this mudra freely.
Mar 21, 2021
Helpful Yoga Mudras For Sleep: That Cures Insomnia And Improve Sleep
If you are also facing a lack of enough sleep, some mudras will help with this. The practice of constant[...]
Mar 12, 2021
7 Effective Yoga Mudras For Healing
You can make different yoga asanas with your hands, they are called 'Mudras' or hand gestures. It is said that[...]
Mar 06, 2021
How to do Brahma Mudra And What Are Its Benefits?
Brahma mudra is an extremely important mudra of yoga. Its regular practice not only gives you freedom from depression but[...]