Paschima Namaskarasana is an intermediate position for the hands and either the standing or the sitting Yoga posture. It is considered a warm-up yoga pose to prepare the body for more intense yoga poses. It is a great pose with tight wrists and forearms into a position that you don’t take very often in your everyday life.
Paschima Namaskarasana comes from the Sanskrit Language. here Paschima means west or in this context theback; Namaskara means Greetings and Asana means a Pose. Although the gentle version of the Tadasana. in this asana join your hands reverse sit on your back. It creates a fantastic stretch for the shoulders.
it is one of the most important asana in yoga with several benefits to your body as well as health. Aside from that, it realigns the shoulder blades or wrists, a common problem area for anybody who surfs frequently.
This asana also known as with several names such as Standing Reverse Prayer Pose, Tadasana Paschima Namaskarasana, Paschima Namaskarasana, Reverse Namaste Pose, Reverse Prayer Pose, Viparita Namaskar. Viparita means “Behind, opposite or reverse” (in a simple word the meaning of Viparita is – opposite) and Namaskar means “giving respect or greeting”. so the combination of all the words, its pronounced as a The Reverse Prayer Pose.
let’s look at the steps of how to do Reverse prayer pose ( Paschima Namaskarasana) and benefits of Reverse prayer pose, along with precautions involved.
How to do Paschima Namaskarasana(Reverse Prayer Pose)
- To come in Reverse prayer pose first you need in stand Tadasana (Mountain pose).
- Relax the shoulders, bring your legs together and keep your feet one inch apart as well as hands hang the both sides.
- Now bend your knees a little and allow your palms together into Prayer position (Namaste) in front of your chest. hold the position for flexible your wrists.
- After that flexibility, bring your arms behind your back and then join your palms with finger pointing downwards. (Do not excess push the chest and ribs)
- As you inhale, turn the fingertips inwards towards the spine.
- Ensure that palms are firmly attached to one another and your knees are slightly bent.
- Now, close your eyes and take couple of breaths.
- Hold the final position for as long as you feel needed to feel stretch.
- To come out this position, with exhalation, slowly turn the fingertips downward.
If you cannot perform Namaskar Mudra, unable to turn your fingertips up and keep them together. Although the pose is difficult. then you can try a second variation.
Stand in Tadasana with your elbows bent to a 90-degree angle and your palms facing forward. Now, Bring your right forearm behind your back so the forearm rests on your lower back, then bring your left arm in as well, grab your left forearm with your right hand. after that spin, your left hand around to grab your right forearm.
Benefits of Paschima Namaskarasana(Reverse Prayer Pose)
- Reverse Prayer Pose stretches the shoulder, upper back, joints, and pectoral muscles.
- It also releases tension from your shoulders, forearms, wrists, and collarbones area.
- This yoga pose is beneficial in making your spine, shoulder, and arms flexible.
- Paschima Namaskarasana helps to reduce stress as well as calms the mind.
- It also helps to improve your body posture.
- This asana also activates appropriate Bandhas.
- Paschima Namaskarasana either opens the chest and abdominal or improves breathing and lung function.
- It also reduces Thyroid, Digestion, and Emotions.
- Every human suffering negative emotion such as anger, sadness, anxiety. Research suggests that regular practice of Reverse Prayer Posedown negative emotions.
- People who
suffringfromlow blood pressure, arm or shoulder injury should avoid doing this pose.
Mar 02, 2021
Top 5 Yoga For Scoliosis And Their Benefits
Are you looking for the best yoga for scoliosis that can Attempt to strengthen and reshape the spinal cord? If[...]
Feb 27, 2021
How To Do Savasana (Corpse Pose) And What are Its benefits?
It recommends that Savasana practice the end of yoga sessions to relax the whole body. This body posture is the same[...]
Feb 26, 2021
How to do Lolasana (Pendant Pose Steps) And What Are Its Benefits?
Lolasana or Pendant Pose is a hand-balancing and core-strengthening asana in modern yoga. it is one of the poses adopted[...]