Viparita Karani The name comes from the Sanskrit words Viparita meaning inverted or reversed, and Karani meaning doing or making, and asana meaning posture.
It is also known as the Legs-Up-the-Wall Pose.
It has anti-aging effects on the body. Some scriptures state that the Viparita Karani not only reduces wrinkles but also keeps both old age and death at bay. This asana allows the blood to circulate to every part of the body.
You can also read:- 10 Yoga Poses For Beginners | 7 Simple Yoga for Shoulders Pain | Yoga for belly fat | Yoga to increase Height | 7 Yoga Poses for Insomnia | Nadis | 7 Yoga poses for Weight Lifters | 7 Effective Yoga Poses For Healthy Hair
How to Viparita Karani Steps
1. Start with the supine position, lying on your back in a relaxed way. Let the hands rest on the floor next to the body and breathe normally.
2. Incline your legs slightly against the wall.
3. Raise your legs slowly upward and bring it to 90° angle while inhaling.
4. Lift and release the base of your skull away from the back of your neck and soften your throat. Keep your legs relatively firm, just enough to hold them vertically in place. Release the heads of the thigh bones and the weight of your belly deeply into your torso, toward the back of the pelvis. Soften your eyes and turn them down to look into your heart.
5. Keep breathing deeply and remain in this position according to your comfort. Do for 30–60 seconds in the beginning. For health benefits 3 – 5 minutes every day is good enough. Though practitioners can go up to 15 minutes for spiritual benefits.
“Practice Vipritkarani: Download today app 7pranayama from App store or Play store”
Benefits of Viparita Karani
- This asana reverts the blood heart which helps to detox blood immediately.
- Research suggests 10 minutes of viprita Karni dampens or limits stress-related changes, then regular practice could have substantial health benefits.
- Helps keep you young and vital.
- Relieves symptoms of mild depression and insomnia.
- It relieves tired leg muscles.
- Calms the mind.
- It improves the immune system.
- Brings fresh blood and lymph fluid into your abdomen and organs.
Precaution of Viparita Karani
- If you have a back problem, just keep a soft block
- beneath your back and then start with the asana.
- Viparita Karani should also be avoided if you have serious eye problems, neck or back problems.
- A person having hip or knee injuries should avoid doing this asana.
- Due to the impact on the spine, we suggest practicing this slowly.
- Pregnant women should avoid this.
- Glaucoma, hypertension, or hernia patients should not try this asana.
You can also read:- Top 10 Ayurvedic Herbs | Health Benefits Of Jamun | Health Benefits Of Triphala | Health Benefits of Castor oil | Benefits Of Cardamom | Benefits of Cumin | Benefits of Black Seed Oil
May 14, 2021
Amazing Benefits of Yoga for Tennis Players
Practicing Yoga by tennis players can be an important foundation, as yoga has greater flexibility, joint mobility, and stability for[...]
May 13, 2021
Yoga For Senior Citizens: 7 Valuable Yoga Poses For Elderly
Yoga practice has been an infallible practice to keep us healthy for thousands of years. There is no natural way[...]
May 12, 2021
Stretch The Wrists With Yoga For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Wrist Tendonitis
Vinyasa poses or even Mudra (hand gestures) assigned to yoga groups can be done to reduce carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist[...]