Sarvangasana means all organs and postures. As the name suggests, this posture is helpful in exercising parts of our entire body. In this yoga, exercise is done from the entire body i.e. toes to the brain. It is also known as Shoulder Stand Pose.
Although every yoga posture has its benefits, Sarvangasana is such a yoga which benefits all the parts of your body. this asana is beneficial for everyone from children to elders, it is especially beneficial for women.
In this posture, the balance of the entire body is made with the support of the shoulders. This asana keeps a person mentally and physically healthy, Sarvangasana is also called the mother of all asanas.
The benefits of Sarvangasana are more, but it is a little difficult to do postures. Therefore, this asana should be done under the instruction of Yoga teacher.
How To Do Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Pose)
- Choose an environment that is suitable for yoga practice and spread the yoga mat. The environment should be clean, peace should be around. If possible, do this exercise in an open environment, so that the body gets more oxygen while performing this asana.
- To do this asana, first, lie down on your back.
- Both hands should be directly on the ground in the direction of the feet (keep the palms facing the ground). Both feet should be directly adjacent to each other.
- Now breathe in and out slowly and on lifting both the legs upwards, where they make an angle of 90 degrees from the ground, stop them there.
- Now, you have to use both hands to lift the waist and back upwards. Place the elbow of both hands on the ground and support your waist with palms.
- While doing this step, keep the feet straight, do not let your knees bend.
- While doing this, keep the chin with the throat. And keep your face towards the sky or the thumbs of the feet.
- In this asana, the entire weight of the body rests on the shoulders. So in this case, keep the area from your shoulder to elbow close to the ground.
- Stretch your legs upward and stretch, and stabilize the body and stay in this position for a while according to your ability.
- Keep the breath normal.
- To come out of the Sarvangasana, bring the knees gently near the forehead. Keep your hands on the ground. Without raising the head, bring the waist down slowly. Bring your feet to the ground. Rest for at least 1minute.
- After this, you can repeat this asana again.
Benefits of Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Pose)
Sarvangasana has been described as the best posture in yoga. Therefore its benefits are amazing:
- The thyroid problem is completely cured by the continuously practicing of Sarvangasana. By doing this, the thyroid gland is pressurized, the thyroid gland becomes functional, which causes the gland to function properly. Apart from this, it helps in eliminating other diseases related to the throat.
- All types of dementia are removed by doing this asana in the morning.
- The complementary posture of this asana is Matsyasana, so doing Matsyasana before resting in Shavasana gives more benefits from this asana.
- All types of digestive problems are overcome by doing this posture. Along with this, this asana is also beneficial in relieving constipation. It is also beneficial in removing the problem of hemorrhoids.
- By doing this, the brain becomes sharp, memory changes and the problem of stress is overcome.
- Regular practice of Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Pose) brings a glow to your face as blood circulation increases in the face.
- The spine becomes healthy and flexible, and the muscles of the waist become enlarged and disease-free.
- If a person is suffering from diabetes, he should do Shoulder Stand Pose regularly and in the right way. Because this asana reduces the symptoms of diabetes patients.
- Relieves problems related to the menstruation of women such as irregular menstruation, abdominal pain during this period.
Doing yoga is beneficial when we do them in the right way and in the right state. A little mistake can be very harmful to our bodies. Let us know what precautions should be taken while doing Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Pose) –
- During the period, women should avoid performing Sarvangasana. Apart from this, this asana should be done in those days only after consulting a doctor. Pregnant women should also stay away from this asana.
- You should not practice this asana if you have pain in your back or your blood pressure.
- Do not do this asana if you have asthma or any respiratory disease.
- If you are feeling difficulty in doing this asana, then you can use pillow below the waist.
May 14, 2021
Amazing Benefits of Yoga for Tennis Players
Practicing Yoga by tennis players can be an important foundation, as yoga has greater flexibility, joint mobility, and stability for[...]
May 13, 2021
Yoga For Senior Citizens: 7 Valuable Yoga Poses For Elderly
Yoga practice has been an infallible practice to keep us healthy for thousands of years. There is no natural way[...]
May 12, 2021
Stretch The Wrists With Yoga For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Wrist Tendonitis
Vinyasa poses or even Mudra (hand gestures) assigned to yoga groups can be done to reduce carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist[...]