As with many yoga asanas, Halasana is derived from the combination of the Sanskrit word. where Hala = plow and asana = posture.
It is also called the Plow Pose. The plow is the most popular agriculture instrument used to prepare the soil for sowing seeds. Likewise Plow, Halasana rejuvenates the inner parts of your body and make it healthy again.
It stretches the muscles along the back of the legs as well as the flexibility to the spine and all the 31 pairs of spinal nerves are well nourished.
Sarvangasana Halasana is very effective for Thyroid disorder. well, halasna stimulates the thyroid.
This is one of an advanced as well as an information yoga pose, simple to practice and contains lots of benefits. Try to only as much as you can do end with a round of Pranayama or Shavasana.
Halasana is not that easy. Those who can not do this seat, they should do half-heartedness.
Steps of Halasana (Plow Pose) Yoga:
1. Start with the supine position, Lie down on the ground in the state of the shawl. Match the heel-claws. Put the palms of the hands on the floor next to the body and keep the elbows in the waist.
2. Take out breathing at a convenient time. Then, stretching both feet together, before lifting 60 degrees and up to 90 degrees, gradually raising it above the ground. (While keeping the knee straight, lift the foot towards the sky at an angle of 90 degrees.)
This is the situation of the half-halasana.
3. Thrust the palm, raise the waist and legs, bending forward curving the back and resting the legs on the floor above the head. Make sure you are keeping both the feet together while at this pose.
4. Balance the weight on the shoulder and shift both the hands over the head; join the fingers and relax your elbows on the ground.
5. Now, slowly raise both your legs to a vertical position and bring your hands at the back and again relax your elbows on the ground. Try to make use of the abdominal muscles more than the arms while raising the legs.
6. Now press your chin into the pit of your throat. Place your hands on your back and support your back with elbows on the ground.
7. Breathe slowly and hold the posture. this seat can be kept for 20-30 seconds. Slowly this time can be extended at a convenient time.
At the end of the Halasana, rest in savasana and take complete relaxing breaths for a few minutes. Repeat this for 3-5 times.
“Practice Halasana: Download today app 7pranayama from App store or Play store”
Benefits of Halasana (Plow Pose) Yoga:
- Halasana or Plow Pose exercise helps in improving the muscle tone and the strength of the back muscles and the abdominal and the leg muscles too.
- It also helps in improving the function of the thyroid, parathyroid, the pituitary glands, and mercury thyroid gland. It controls metabolism and prevents you from many problems while keeping the body weight controlled.
- Regular practice of this posture can reduce the belly fat. And can also overcome your weight
- Halasana will strengthen your neck, shoulders and back muscles. Apart from this, this posture is also good for your abs.
- Blood glucose levels are normal in the body of the person and it stimulates the internal organs to work smoothly. Apart from this, this posture is also good for stimulating reproductive organs.
- Practicing this asana regularly can avoid diseases like diabetes, obesity, constipation, stomach disorder, blood pressure, and menstrual disorders.
- When the halasana is performed with breathing techniques, more beneficial to reduce stress.
Precaution Halasana (Plow Pose) Yoga:
According to the experts, this asana is considered best when yogi practiced early in the morning. Mornings are preferred as the food is digested as well as the body has the energy to perform the asana. due to some reason, you cannot practice it in the morning, you can practice this asana in the evening as well. but at least keep 3-5 hour gap between your practice and meal.
- The asana shouldn’t be performed in case of high blood pressure.
- Do not practice in case of glaucoma, acute thyroid problems, chronic neck conditions, shoulder injuries, and retina problems.
- It should be avoided by those who have heart problems, middle ear problem, capillary, weak age, spondylosis, and slip disc.
- Should be avoided during pregnancy.