In today’s part-run era, the man keeps trying some way to maintain the beauty of his face and healthy body. But due to lack of time, it is not able to pay attention to it regularly. As a result, he lost both his beauty and healthy body. If you are struggling too with this type of problem, then do not panic but take the help of yoga asana. With its regular practice, you will be able to get rid of all diseases as well as you will get a glowing face and a curvy body. This yoga asana is- Halasana
Like other Yogasanas, Halasan got its name from a tool used in farming. This land plow has been used extensively in India and Tibet.
‘Halasana’ is also made up of a combination of two words, ‘Hal and asana’, ie ‘Hal’ resembling ‘plow’ And asana stand for posture. In Indian traditional agriculture, a plow is a special tool used by hand for plowing fields. In its full posture, this asana looks similar to the same ‘plow’, hence it is called ‘Halasana’ and ‘plow pose’ in English.
Halasana is one such asana which is equally beneficial for both men and women but it plays an important role in making the body of women slim. It is important for making our body flexible. This yoga is the best posture for strengthening the muscles and arms of the stomach and back. There are many sleeping powers in your body which the body is never able to use. With the practice of Halasana, the body is able to regain the power to activate many such powers.
Although there is some difficulty in doing this asana, once the balance of the body is formed, it can be practiced easily.
So let’s know how to do Halasana, the benefits of Halasana, and what precautions to take while doing this asana.
Steps To Do Halasana (Plow Pose)
- First of all, lie on your back by laying yoga mats on the floor.
- Keep both your hands straight on the ground in a completely relaxed posture.
- Make breathing normally.
- Now take a deep breath and bring both feet up together. And keep both feet standing at an angle of 90 degrees.
- This is a situation of Ardhalaasana.
- While breathing, raise your hips and back from the floor with the help of hands.
- After this, while moving your feet above the head, bend at a 180-degree angle until your toes touch the floor.
- Keep in mind, the feet should not bend. Slowly move your feet back to the ground.
- Keep your eyes focused on the navel or nose.
- Remove the hands from the waist and keep them straight on the ground. The palm will remain upwards.
- The waist will be parallel to the ground, also keep in mind that you do not have to pressurize your neck nor push it towards the ground.
- Now press your chin into the pit of your throat. Place your hands on your back and support your back with elbows on the ground.
- Initially, you will have difficulty in being in this posture but after a little effort, you can do it easily.
- To get into the initial position, first, open the joints of the hands and then rest on the palms with the force of 90 and then 60 degrees, resting on the ground.
- Do not hurry while leaving the seat. Bring the legs back to normal with a uniform speed.
It is an excellent asana, relatively easy to perform and can be practice by all, from child to young. This asana must be practiced with the other yoga asanas.
Benefits Of Halasana (Plow Pose)
Since the whole body is involve in performing this asana, it benefits all the parts of the body. It takes some time to do this asana with full confidence. This asana can change your attitude towards living life.
- By regularly practicing Halasana, there is a lot of energy and nutrition throughout the body.
- Performing the Plow Pose stretches on your neck muscles which relaxes the neck muscles. In this way, you can get the benefits of Plow Pose to keep the muscles healthy.
- By doing this yoga asana, the entire muscles of the body are also flexible which makes a person’s body look attractive. By doing this asana, shoulders and arms also strengthened.
- In the Halasana yoga pose, the lower part of the body goes beyond the lumbar region (waist position), causing more stretch than normal in these parts. Therefore, it helps in reducing fat, especially the waist area and the fat near the thighs.
- Blood glucose levels are normal in the body of the person and it stimulates the internal organs to work smoothly. Apart from this, this posture is also good for stimulating reproductive organs.
- A person does not gain weight by doing regular Halasana and he also gets to overcome many weight-related diseases.
- A person can also eliminate problems related to the nervous system by performing regular Halasana daily. And due to this, the person also reduces the problem of stress and fatigue.
- In addition, by doing this special process, some hormones are also secretes which are especially beneficial in controlling diabetes and thyroid.
- This asana also provides relief from menopause symptoms in women.
- Apart from this, it is also very effective in removing indigestion, constipation, asthma, blood disorders, etc.
- The pain in the throat and neck starts to decrease with its regular practice.
According to the experts, this asana is considered best when yogi practice early in the morning. Mornings are preferred as the food is digested as well as the body has the energy to perform the asana. due to some reason, you cannot practice it in the morning, you can practice this asana in the evening as well. but at least keep a 3 to 5-hour gap between your practice and meal.
- Do not take it yoga if you have a shoulder injury, heart-related disease, or are suffering from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Do not practice Halasana if you have diarrhea or neck injury problems.
- If you have difficulty in moving your feet to the floor while performing the Plow Pose, do not do this asana or under the supervision of a specialist.
Feb 26, 2021
How to do Lolasana (Pendant Pose Steps) And What Are Its Benefits?
Lolasana or Pendant Pose is a hand-balancing and core-strengthening asana in modern yoga. it is one of the poses adopted[...]
Feb 26, 2021
How to do Samakonasana (Straight Angle Pose) and Its Benefits
Samakonasana Or The Straight Angle Pose is one of the most higher or advanced levels of yoga poses. This asana is a[...]
Feb 25, 2021
Kids Yoga: 7 Activity for kids to bring yoga in there life
As parents, we are always concerned about physical and mental growth for your children's. We bring different physical activity such[...]