In the problem of the thyroid, the thyroid gland in the body starts producing more thyroid hormone. Due to which, many kinds of problems start to surround the human being. If the thyroid is not treated at the right time, it increases the risk of heart disease. Here we bring Yoga for Thyroid to balance the thyroid in the body, whether it is overactive or underactive.
Nowadays thyroid has become such a disease, which is increasing day by day. The thyroid gland is shaped like a butterfly. It is made in two parts on the front side of the neck, above the respiratory tract and on either side of the larynx. A thyroid disorder is a condition that affects the thyroid gland or gland. The thyroid gland has an important role in carrying out metabolic processes occurring throughout our bodies. Different types of thyroid disorders cause damage to the body in many ways.
Problems From Thyroid
There are two types of thyroid hypothyroid and hyperthyroid.
The thyroid problem is caused by the imbalance of the thyroxine hormone. This hormone affects the functioning of the entire body, including lack of energy, irritability, weight imbalance. But the easiest way to get rid of this problem is yoga. There are many asanas in yoga that can be helpful to get control of the thyroid.
The most common causes of thyroid problems are autoimmune thyroid disease (AITD). This is a genetic problem. In this problem, the body’s immune system starts producing antibodies. This condition causes the thyroid glands to produce more hormones than necessary. But through yoga, many physical and mental benefits are obtained which remove many diseases of the body. Yoga Poses also helps in reducing hypo- or hyperthyroidism.
Now time to know more about Yoga Poses For Thyroid Problem.
Yoga for Thyroid Treatment and prevention
Yoga science has suggested the practice of such yoga Poses to stimulate the throat to solve the thyroid problem. It is believed that the practice of these asanas improves circulation in the throat and increases the flow of energy around the thyroid. These yoga Poses to increase the stretch and tightness in the throat. (study)
1. Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Steps)
The thyroid problem is completely cured by the continuously practicing of Sarvangasana. By doing this, the thyroid gland is pressurized, the thyroid gland becomes functional, which causes the gland to function properly. Apart from this, it helps in eliminating other diseases related to the throat. All types of dementia are removed by doing this asana in the morning.
Steps to do Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Steps)
- Lie back on the ground.
- Now raise both your legs upwards.
- On raising both the legs upwards, where they make an angle of 90 degrees from the ground, stop them there.
- Support the waist with both hands.
- Keep your legs, back and waist straight.
- Remain in this position for some time and keep the breath normal.
2. Halasana (Plow Pose)
Halasana stimulates the inner organs of the person’s stomach and the glands of the thyroid, protecting you from many diseases such as thyroid. Apart from this, it also keeps the immune system fine. It does not cause any problems related to the nervous system so that you avoid stress, depression, and fatigue.
To know More About Halasana, Benefits Of Halasana, and Precautions also: CLICK HERE
Steps to do Halasana (Plow Pose):
- To do this, lie flat on the flat floor.
- Now place both hands on the ground near the thighs.
- Then while breathing, slowly raise both legs straight.
- Now press the hands downwards, and bend the waist and put the feet behind the head like a plow.
- Then after raising your head, after 2-3 minutes, slowly come back to normal.
3. Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
Uttrasana is a useful tool to keep our bodies mentally and physically healthy. When we do this asana, we feel a strain on the neck, due to which it is beneficial in the thyroid. Apart from this, there are many benefits to the body by performing Ustrasana such as backache, sciatica, slip discs, diseases related to the menstrual cycle of women, etc. Regularly doing this asana in the morning brings a different glow on the face.
Ustrasana helps the activated or open the Throat Chakra(Vishuddha Chakra) and Heart Chakra (Anahata Chakra). It Chakras is your energy center and credit for your sense of compassion.
To know More About Uttrasana, Benefits Of Uttrasana, and Precautions also: CLECK HERE
4.Dhanurasana (Camel Pose)
Dhanurasana is a back-bending asana in 12 hatha yoga as well as a modern yoga style. By doing this asana, the shape of the body becomes like a “bow”, hence this asana is called Dhanurasana or Bow Pose.
While doing this asana, there is a vibration in the thyroid glands present in the neck, which makes these glands work properly. Apart from this Dhanurasana not only reduces weight, but it also strengthens the lower back, prevents asthma and makes the spine more flexible as well as keeps many parts of the body healthy.
To know More About Dhanurasana, Benefits Of Dhanurasana, and Precautions also: CLICK HERE
Steps to do Dhanurasana:
- lie down on your stomach.
- After this, bend both knees slightly, raising the legs backward and hold your ankles with hands while making arches.
- Now raise the legs a little more and try to pull your ankles by hand while breathing more.
- When pulling the ankles, maintain the balance of the weight of the abdomen and keep the head absolutely straight.
5. Savasana (Corpse Pose)
Savasana practice end of yoga sessions to relax the whole body. In this yoga, body posture the same as the corpse so this also called corpse pose.
This is a wonderful deep meditation process by which a person can use his inner power to remove all types of physical and mental diseases. This is a wonderful deep meditation process by which a person can use his inner power to remove all types of physical and mental diseases. By this, all the hormones of the bodywork well, concentration increases and meditation and mind are more focused on any work. Repairs tissues and cells and ejects stress from the brain.
To know More About Savasana, Benefits Of Savasana, and Precautions also: CLICK HERE
Steps To Do Savasana (Corpse Pose)
- Lie down on the yoga mat.
- Close your toes and tight them make sure another part of the body should be relaxed.
- Keep your toes tight and do tight your knees. The rest body part should be relaxing except your toes and knees.
- Now move your concertation to your waist and tighten your waist the same as toes and knees.
- your upper body is relaxing and the lower body is tight.
- Move to your shoulder and tight your should as well.
- Then Tight your both hands and touch your palm to your body with tightness.
- Close your eyes and keep in this state for a few minutes your entire body is tight.
- Now we again move to process tight to relax.
- Relax your toes and make sure your entire body is tight except your toes.
- Relax Knees, and Relax your waist with your Knees and Toes.
- Now we will move to shoulder You will feel Relaxed.
- Come out from your body in relaxing mode.
Yoga can be a beneficial complementary therapy for individuals with thyroid disorders. Practicing yoga can help reduce stress, improve sleep, and increase physical flexibility, which can all have a positive impact on thyroid health. However, it’s important to keep in mind that yoga should not be used as a substitute for medical treatment for thyroid conditions.
A few other yoga poses that can be helpful for people with thyroid disorders include:
Fish Pose (Matsyasana) – This pose helps to open up the throat area, which can be beneficial for people with thyroid issues, as the thyroid gland is located in this region.
Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana) – This pose helps to improve blood flow to the thyroid gland and can also help to relieve stress and anxiety.
It’s important to consult with a doctor before starting a yoga practice, especially if you have a medical condition like thyroid disorder. They can help you determine which yoga poses are safe and appropriate for you, as well as any modifications you may need to make.
Feb 21, 2024
Ardha Mandalasana (Half Circle Pose): Basics, Steps, Benefits & More
Ardha Mandalasana Yoga Pose is considered a Intermediate-level ground posture, it encourages the body to open up effectively for spiritual[...]
Feb 21, 2024
Hindolasana (Baby Cradle Pose): Basics, Steps, Benefits & More
Before beginning any yoga practice, make sure you warm up your body with a number of loosening or warm-up exercises[...]
Feb 21, 2024
Vrischikasana (Scorpion Pose): Basics, Steps, Benefits & More
Vrischikasana is an advanced yoga pose described in Yoga, which can be quite challenging. It's a combination of backbends and[...]