The benefits of castor oil include it acting as a natural laxative, treating sore muscles, supporting the entire immune system, treating joint pains, supporting nail health, treating fungal infections, slowing down the aging process, treating skin pigmentation, treating scars and acne and supporting eye health as well as treating scalp infections.
It is widely utilized to treat the hair fall in different traditional remedies as it contains different health benefits too.
It has antiseptic along with antibacterial properties which are said to be quite useful in order to treat different skin problems. Also, it has become an essential ingredient of conventional medicines due to the anti-inflammatory nature.
In case you wish to opt for something which improves the skin condition as well as hair condition, you should incorporate castor oil into the daily routine of yours.
What is Castor Oil?
It is the oil which is extracted by pressing the castor plant’s seeds that is scientifically called as Ricinus Communis.
This plant belongs to the different tropical regions of India and Africa.
It was first generated by the great Egyptians who used it to treat painful and deep wounds with it. Later, it became quite popular all over the world since it has numerous medicinal properties as well as benefits for the skin as well as hair.
Also, Read Yoga for hair growth you need to know
Also, numerous studies have concluded that this oil is a natural healer which can treat any anti-bacterial infections with effectiveness. Apart from its different health benefits, it is also used for the preservation of different food items too.
Benefits of Castor Oil
Its best health benefits are:
- It is enriched with the ricinoleic acid which is why castor oil is widely utilized in home remedies in order to treat constipation. Different factors can essentially contribute to this particularly irritating health problem. In case it isn’t treated on time, it can certainly leave toxins inside the small and large intestine which can cause more trouble. In order to avoid constipation, use castor oil in your daily diet in any form.
- It will assist in regulating the bowel movements without even hurting the stomach. The nutritionists suggest that this oil can be a safe source to treat regular stomach cramps as well as bloating. Like other types of laxatives, it doesn’t function in the colon, but it does work in the small intestine within its usage, in nearly 3 to 6 hours after its consumption. However, you should consult a primary care provider in case there is a severe condition and never use any home remedies.
- Castor oil helps in the growth of the lymphocytes. This compound is well-known to ward off different disease-causing factors in a natural way. It results in the body remaining protected from microbial, toxins and other draining infections. The body stores these in the lymphatic tissues which are present in the lymph nodes, spleen and thymus glands in the small intestine.
- Castor oil is also a great powerhouse of anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties which function to improve and strengthen the immunity of the body. In this way, the immune system doesn’t get easily affected by any infectious bacteria.
- Massaging the muscles with castor oil helps in the proper circulation of the fluid and blood in the body. In case this particular flow impedes, it can result in different health problems like sore muscles. Along with this, excessive physical activities can cause uncontrollably sore muscles. In this particular case, massaging the affected region with the castor oil provides great relief. Regular massage can certainly reduce the pain intensity too.
- Senior people generally experience different types of joint pain. Experts have suggested that internal inflammation can cause this constant pain. You can effectively reduce joint pain by means of applying castor oil on the affected region of the body on a daily basis. Castor oil consists of an analgesic as well as anti-inflammatory properties. However, it is duly advised that you should consult a specialist in order to identify the root causes which result in inflammation as well as pain in the joints in order to avoid the risks of chronic diseases.
- You can also massage your nails with this oil in order to keep them moisturized. This regular practice will help in treating cracked as well as brittle nails.
- Enriched with omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E, it has the potential to easily alleviate the factors which contribute to the skin pigmentation. Beauticians recommend gentle massage of castor oil regularly in order to treat uneven skin.
- Castor oil is quite useful when it comes to the production of collagen and elastin. This oil functions to hydrate as well as soften the skin. It is also a safe and secure source to enhance the elasticity of the skin which helps in delaying the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and sagged skin.
- Beauticians recommend this oil to treat scars, acne, redness, swelling and even irritation which is caused by acne. It is perfectly loaded with anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and ricinoleic properties which soothe the inflamed skin and promotes the collagen to effectively combat the acne-causing bacteria.
- Eyebrows and eyelashes always contribute to the attractive appearance. You have to pay special attention to their thickness too. The components such as linoleic acid and vitamin E in castor oil can help in achieving thick and full eyelashes and eyebrows. These components help in promoting blood circulation in the hair follicles which facilitate hair growth.
- Enriched with antimicrobial, antifungal as well as antibacterial properties, this oil is natural as well as a safe source for the treatment of scalp infections. Research has proved that different bacteria and fungus essentially contribute to scalp infections which are curable. You can easily get rid of different mild diseases by massaging your scalp with this oil. However, if you have irritated and itchy scalp then seek the help of a professional and don’t self-medicate.
- Dandruff is among the most common hair issues. You can easily combat this using the right types of products. Castor oil can certainly work great in this regard. You just have to massage your scalp with warm castor oil on a regular basis. Just leave it for an hour and then wash it off. This practice will certainly keep the scalp hydrated and moist.
- Dry as well as chapped lips can be quite unattractive. You can easily get rid of them by simply applying castor oil before going to bed.
Precautions to use Castor Oil
However, there are different side effects of Castor oil which are:
- It shouldn’t be used to treat eye infections.
- There is no claim which proves that castor oil is perfectly safe for children. Hence you should avoid it.
- Never clean your wounds with it but only apply castor oil after cleansing the wounds with an antiseptic.
- Never use it for treating oral problems.
- Castor oils possess a plethora of health benefits. Hence, it is safe to assume that it can become a vital part of your life.