A plethora of Disorders can be linked to poor Digestion. Digestion is essentially breaking down our food into various nutrients duly consumed by our body to use for energy, growth as well as cell repair. Over 70 percent of our immune system is based in our digestive tract. here we bring effective poses of yoga for digestion and how yoga helps.
Yoga for digestion & How does yoga help in digestion?
Yoga has a myriad of health benefits. It strengthens our stomach muscles and stimulates better digestion.
It improves bowel movement and relieve us from constipation. It exalts our status of mind and body.
It influences us to lead a balanced diet and improves our lifestyle. With improved digestion, it enables proper blood flow and other bodily juices required for the healthy body.
The poses of Yoga for Digestion
1. Naukasana ( Boat Pose )
This strengthens abdominal muscles, helps to reduce belly bat. which improve the function of digestion. It also improves blood circulation.
- It strengthens our abdominal muscles which improve bowel movement.
- It helps in getting rid of belly fat.
- It improves the digestive process.
- It helps in proper blood circulation.
2. Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
When we talk about yoga for digestion Setu Bandhasana is recommended by many yogis therapist. As you look at the below image you will see that it is working for stomach organ. It’s Derived from Sanskrit word Setu meaning Bridge, Banda meaning lock, and Asana meaning posture. Benefits of this pose are as follows:
- It strengthens back muscles and provides stretch to the chest, neck, and spine.
- Regulates functioning of the Thyroid gland and improves blood circulation
- Reduces stress, relieves depression by improving the central nervous system.
- It boosts brain and cognitive functions.
- Improves bowel movement and strengthen digestion.
- Helps in relieving neck and back pain.
- It induces lung expansion hence good for asthma patients.
- This yoga pose reduces the stress from neck muscles.
- It works on expansion of lungs thus good for asthma.
3. Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
- Provide relief from constipation.
- Improves the functioning of abdominal organs like the liver and intestinal tract.
- Activates better functioning of kidneys.
4. Bitilasana (Cow Pose)
Derived from Sanskrit words, Bitila meaning Cow and Asana meaning Pose, it is similar to Marjariasana and works in conjunction with the cat pose.
- It massages belly organs and stimulates kidneys and adrenal glands.
- Brings relief in stress and helps in achieving calmness of mind.
5. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
Derived from Sanskrit words, Paschima meaning West or Back, Uttana meaning Intense stretch and Asana means Pose. Popularly known as seated forward bend pose.
- Stretches entire back side of the body from heels to the neck.
- Forward fold helps in the calming nervous system, boosts cognitive functions and regulates emotions and provides ease in depression.
- Stimulates reproductive and the urinary system.
- Stretches the hamstring muscles.
- Improves flexibility of knees and hips.
- Stimulate vital organs like liver, kidneys. In women, it improves uterus and ovaries.
6. Marjariasana (Cat Pose)
Derived from Sanskrit words, Marjari meaning Cat and Asana meaning pose, it is popularly known as Cat Stretch Pose. It involves a combination of forwarding bends along with back arches.
- Makes your vertebrae mobile and flexible.
- Improves movements in your cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine which releases tension trapped in them.
- Massages digestive organs improving digestion.
- It also improves heart functions which improve blood circulation.
- It helps in mental relaxation.
- It strengthens wrists, arms as well as shoulders.
- Stretches back and spine and helps in a backache.
7. Balasana (Child Pose)
Derived from Sanskrit words, Bala meaning Child and Asana meaning Pose, it stretches lower back as well as arms. To perform correctly, face the body to the floor in the fetal position (hence the name). It is also known as Garbhasana and Shashankasana.
- It helps in achieving physical, mental and emotional relief that we have during childhood by calming the nervous system.
- It is quite useful in relieving neck, shoulder, back, and hip strain and makes the body flexible.
- It stretches lower back and arms relaxing your entire body.
- It provides relief from constipation
- It removes fatigue and feeling of dizziness.
- It increases blood circulation to the brain hence reducing headache.
- It increases the blood circulation to your head which in turn reduces a headache.
- It is quite beneficial for diabetic patients.
“Practice yoga: Download today app 7pranayama from App store or Play store”
Well, as per yoga human have above mention 7 amazing yoga for digestion systems. by practicing this yoga pose will make your stomach organ