People are now looking for a better option for biscuits eaten with tea, while Digestive Biscuits have made a big place in the market for some time. This is because it is beneficial for stomach health and is considered more healthy than normal biscuits. But how much truth is there in this matter? Let us know about this and what are the health benefits of it.
a sweet-meal biscuit that originated in 1892 is the best-selling biscuit in the UK. It is a semi-sweet biscuit that is best for digestive health, as the name suggests.
This brown meal consists of about 15% fine bran and 85% white flour. It is frequently eaten with tea, milk, and coffee.
its have many other varieties including the basic biscuit with chocolate shavings throughout, mint chocolate, orange-flavored chocolate, plain chocolate, and similar desserts.
It is Healthy?
- It contains large amounts of sodium bicarbonate and baking soda. Baking works like sodium antacid which reduces your acidity problem and also relieves your stomach discomfort.
- The use of less sugar and fatty substances in digestive biscuits improves our digestion.
- Most are made of flour instead of fine bran. Where flour is more harmful to our health, flour is considered healthier than it is.
- It is less sweet than other biscuits. They are called semi-sweet meal i.e. it is sweet but slightly less than others.
- it helps you to increase your energy when you feel tired. It contains carbohydrates that keep you energetic.
- it contains fiber which helps in providing relief to your bowel movement.
- In addition, it also contain a small number of calories, which are necessary to reduce your weight.
Digestive Biscuits vs Normal Biscuits
Digestive biscuits have more healthy items than other normal biscuits. As such, protein and more fiber are found in them, which is good for the body. However, it also contains calories in the form of sugar, salt, unhealthy fats, and refined floors.
The flour used in the normal biscuit is not completely refined but semi-refined. Even though wheat has been used to make it, but it is removed to a large extent while making flour, whereas the bran itself contains all the fiber. While digestive biscuits contain 85% white flour.
Digestive biscuits also contain at least 3 to 5 grams of sugar. Although this figure is much higher in normal biscuits.
The dietary fiber present in Digestive biscuits helps you in improving your digestive power and also removes the problem of constipation while normal biscuits are the cause of constipation.
Jan 21, 2023
Metabolism-Boosting Foods You Should Include In Your Diet
Metabolism is a series of chemical processes that take place in the body to convert food into energy needed to[...]
Jan 16, 2023
Estrogen-Rich Foods To Boost Estrogen Levels
Estrogen is a hormone present in people of all ages, women usually have higher levels of this hormone, although good[...]
Dec 21, 2022
Chlorophyll Water Benefits You Need To Know
Liquid Chlorophyll or Chlorophyll Water is an extraction of the pigment chlorophyll found in plants, which is known to be[...]