People are now looking for a better option for biscuits eaten with tea, while Digestive Biscuits have taken a big place in the market for some time. This is because it is beneficial for stomach health and is considered more healthy than normal biscuits. But how much truth is there in this matter? Let us know about this and what are the health benefits of it.
a sweet-meal biscuit that originated in 1892 is the best-selling biscuit in the UK. It is a semi-sweet biscuit that is best for digestive health, as the name suggests.
This brown meal consists of about 15% fine bran and 85% white flour. It is frequently eaten with tea, milk, and coffee.
its have many other varieties including the basic biscuit with chocolate shavings throughout, mint chocolate, orange-flavored chocolate, plain chocolate, and similar desserts.
Is Digestive Biscuits Healthy?
- It contains large amounts of sodium bicarbonate and baking soda. Baking works like sodium antacid which reduces your acidity problem and also relieves your stomach discomfort.
- The use of less sugar and fatty substances in digestive biscuits improves our digestion.
- Most are made of flour instead of fine bran. Where flour is more harmful to our health, flour is considered healthier than it is.
- It is less sweet than other biscuits. They are called semi-sweet meals, i.e., they are sweet but slightly less than others.
- it helps you to increase your energy when you feel tired. It contains carbohydrates that keep you energetic.
- it contains fiber which helps in providing relief to your bowel movement.
- In addition, it also contains a small number of calories, which are necessary to reduce your weight.
Digestive Biscuits vs. Normal Biscuits
Digestive biscuits have more healthy items than other normal biscuits. As such, protein and more fiber are found in them, which is good for the body. However, it also contains calories in the form of sugar, salt, unhealthy fats, and refined flour.
The flour used in the normal biscuit is not completely refined but semi-refined. Even though wheat has been used to make it, it is removed to a large extent while making flour, whereas the bran itself contains all the fiber. While digestive biscuits contain 85% white flour.
Digestive biscuits also contain at least 3 to 5 grams of sugar. Although this figure is much higher in normal biscuits.
The dietary fiber present in Digestive biscuits helps you improve your digestive power and also removes the problem of constipation while normal biscuits are the cause of constipation.
Calories Wise Diffrenece
Please keep in mind that these values are approximate and can vary based on brand, size, and specific ingredients used in different products.
- Digestive Biscuits: A typical digestive biscuit (approximately 14 grams) contains about 70 to 80 calories. These calories primarily come from carbohydrates and a small amount of fat.
- Normal Biscuits: The calorie content of normal biscuits can vary significantly depending on the type and recipe. For example:
- A chocolate chip cookie (around 20 grams) can contain roughly 80 to 100 calories or more, primarily from sugar and fat.
- A shortbread cookie (around 15 grams) may have approximately 80 to 100 calories, mainly from butter and sugar.
- A sugar cookie (around 15 grams) typically contains about 50 to 70 calories, primarily from sugar.
Digestive biscuits are generally considered a healthier option compared to many normal biscuits due to their whole wheat content, lower sugar, and lower saturated fat content, They are still a type of baked snack and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Dec 01, 2023
High-Fat Foods: Nutrient-Rich Fat Sources You Should Embrace
Healthy high-fat foods are a crucial macronutrient with multifaceted roles in maintaining our health. They serve various essential functions, from[...]
Nov 27, 2023
Amla Murabba Benefits and Why It’s a Must-Have Superfood!
In Ayurveda, Amla is a powerhouse of virtues and the Benefits of Amla Murabba are considered healthy. The scientific name[...]
Nov 27, 2023
Foods To Eat At Night: Best Foods Before Bed To Help You Sleep
In fact, the connection between food and sleep is essential, and what you eat before bed can have a significant[...]