People are now looking for a better option for biscuits eaten with tea, while Digestive Biscuits have made a big place in the market for some time. This is because it is beneficial for stomach health and is considered more healthy than normal biscuits. But how much truth is there in this matter? Let us know about digestive biscuits and what are the health benefits of digestive biscuits.
A digestive biscuit or sweet-meal biscuit that originated in 1892 is the best-selling biscuit in the UK. It is a semi-sweet biscuit that is best for digestive health, as the name suggests.
This brown meal consisting of about 15% fine bran and 85% white flour. It is frequently eaten with tea, milk, and coffee.
Digestive biscuits have many other varieties include the basic biscuit with chocolate shavings throughout, mint chocolate, orange-flavored chocolate, plain chocolate, and similar desserts.
It is Healthy?
- Digestive biscuits contain large amounts of sodium bicarbonate and baking soda. Baking works like sodium antacid which reduces your acidity problem and also relieves your stomach discomfort.
- The use of less sugar and fatty substances in digestive biscuits improves our digestion.
- Most digestive biscuits are made of flour instead of fine bran. Where flour is more harmful to our health, flour is considered healthier than it is.
- Digestive biscuits are less sweet than other biscuits. They are called semi-sweet meal i.e. it is sweet but slightly less than others.
- Digestive biscuits help you to increase your energy when you feel tired. It contains carbohydrates which keeps you energetic.
- Digestive biscuits contain fiber which helps in providing relief to your bowel movement.
- In addition, digestive biscuits also contain a small amount of calories, which are necessary to reduce your weight.
Digestive Biscuits vs Normal Biscuits
Digestive biscuits have more healthy items than other normal biscuits. As such, protein and more fiber are found in them, which is good for the body. However, it also contains calories in the form of sugar, salt, unhealthy fats, and refined floors.
The flour used in the normal biscuit is not completely refined but semi-refined. Even though wheat has been used to make it, but it is removed to a large extent while making flour, whereas the bran itself contains all the fiber. While digestive biscuits contain 85% white flour.
Digestive biscuits also contain at least 3 to 5 grams of sugar. Although this figure is much higher in normal biscuits.
The dietary fiber present in Digestive biscuits helps you in improving your digestive power and also removes the problem of constipation while normal biscuits are the cause of constipation.
Mar 18, 2021
5 DIY Detox Drinks For Weight Loss & Body Cleanse
As we know that yoga and exercise are necessary for weight loss, but the fact that a balanced diet is[...]
Mar 17, 2021
How to increase hemoglobin And What Are hemoglobin Rich foods?
As the National Anemia Action Council tells us, hemoglobin levels are very important for the body to operate, because hemoglobin[...]
Mar 16, 2021
Miraculous Camel Milk Benefits You Should Know
All of you must have drunk cow, buffalo, and goat milk, but have you ever drunk camel milk? Yes, there[...]