Peacock pose is also known as
Peacock is indicated by the Indian mythology – a symbolizing love, immortality awakening and spirituality. Peacock Pose is an especially advanced yoga posture, also a hand-balancing asana in hatha yoga. It is either the fifteenth seated yoga posture or mentioned in the Gheranda Samhita. It is an intermediate arm balancing yoga posture that manages your whole body onto your arms.
And it is also securely build power at the body. When you first attempted it is may be difficult. However with a little practice in matter of days, one can master this asana. Will increased range of flexibility in the legs, and wrist.
Some yoga poses to prepare for peacock pose. Salabhasana(Locust Pose), Gomukhasana (Cow Face Pose) , Balasana(Child Pose), Chaturanga Dandasana(Plank Pose), and Urdhva Dhanarasana (Wheel Pose). You can practice Peacock pose either in the middle or at end off above poses.
It is the best yoga
The first part of this article will give simple instructions to perform this asana. And the second part – Benefits of Mayurasana will help your abdominal organs, stomach conditions, improve digestion, and strengthens the wrist, and forearms. The Gheranda Samhita says that the Peacock Pose remove toxins from body.
How to Do Mayurasana (Peacock Pose)
practicethe Peacock pose, first of youneed a yoga mat.
- Create a kneel position onto the yoga mate and make sure your heel should stand as you can sit on it. keep your knees are wide apart.
- Place your hands flat on the floor with your fingertips facing backswords your body and press the palms into the floor.
- Bend your elbows slightly to a right angle. Rest the front torso on the upper arms, and sides of the navel on the elbows.
- Push your stomach down onto your elbows and Lower your forehead to the floor.
- Straighten your knee, stretch out your both legs behind you.
- Lift your head off the floor.
- In this position, raise your whole body, balanced by the elbows on the abdomens muscles and the weight entirely on the palms.
- Breathe evenly for three or five breaths, or about ten seconds. As you practice, you can gradually increase this time up to fifty seconds.
- To come out from this pose slowly lower your head and feet to the floor, bend your knees, and lift your torso off your arms. And rest in Balasana (Child Pose) and Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog).
Benefits of Mayurasana (Peacock Pose)
- Mayurasana will provide an additional challenge for detoxifies the body.
- It also natural cures for diabetes.
- It helps to improve body posture.
- It also alleviates the symptoms of constipation.
- Mayurasana tones the abdominal muscles and strengthens the abdominal organs of spleen, gallbladder, liver,
and kidney. And also circulate the body system.
- It also stimulates Manipura Chakra because Manipura chakra is located the
navel,when the elbows pressed in the navel, the Manipura chakra gets activated.
- It helps to get rid of
manage the bloodcirculation.
- It improves concentration and
- It also improves sexual activity.
- Mayurasana is more beneficial in toning the digestive system.
- Mayurasana also calms the mind and reduces stress.
- This asana helps to make the wrist, shoulders, elbows, and spine stronger.
- The Peacock Pose or Mayurasana is not recommended for people who have medical conditions like Hypertension, Cardiac, and Hernias.
- Women in the perimenopausal phase or even during the menopause must avoid practice this pose.
- Those are suffering from lower backache should avoid this asana.
- Pregnant women should not carry out this pose because of the excess belly weight and the forward movement. It can lead to complications.
Mar 21, 2023
Yoga for Prostate Enlargement : Shrink Prostate Enlargement
Prostate enlargement is caused by changes in hormone levels, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It is a normal[...]
Mar 17, 2023
5 Effective Yoga For Knee Pain And Joint Pain Relief
Yoga is an ancient Indian technique that removes pain from the root and makes the body disease-free. Yoga can be[...]
Mar 14, 2023
Yoga for flat stomach you need to know
Yoga can be an effective way to achieve a flat stomach, but it's important to keep in mind that the[...]
The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional