Different yoga poses have been described in the Yoga series for the treatment of every disease. There are many such yoga mudras, which has been practiced for years to remove many diseases. One of these is the Pushan Mudra.
The term mudra applies to the use of hand gestures during meditation and Pranayama. practicing Pushan Mudra, used for improving digestion and nourishment.
Prana, Vyana, and Apana – all three benefits of air are available together with Pushana mudra. Our digestion is strengthened by this posture. The memory increases and new consciousness is awakened in the body. This pose can prove to be particularly useful for students.
In this mudra, the right-hand uses the Apana Vayu mudra, and the left-hand use the Prana Vayu Mudra. Together they form the Pushan Mudra.
Let’s look down the benefits of Pushan Mudra and how to do it.
Steps to do Pushan Mudra (Mudra or gesture of Nourishment)
Pushan Mudra is associated with happy and healthy nourishment. it is a yogic hand gesture that is one of the easiest mudras to perform. The right-hand use the right-hand uses Apana mudra and the left-hand uses the Prana Mudra.
It can be done anytime and anywhere. There are some simple steps that will explain how to do this Pushan Hasta Mudra:
- First of all, sit in any comfortable seating posture and place the hands with palm pointing upwards on the thighs or the knees.
- Meditation postures like Padmasana, Siddhasana, Swastikasana, Vajrasana, etc. are ideal for the practice of mudras.
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths with the awareness of the breathing process.
- With Right Hand: fold your middle and index finger and tap the tip of both fingers would jointly touch the tip of the thumb.
- The rest of the two fingers should be kept extended as much as possible.
- With Left Hand (For lower-GI-tract issues): Bend your ring finger and small finger over to touch the tip of the thumb. The middle and index finger remain extended and straight.
- (For upper-GI-tract issues): Press the tips of the index and middle fingers to the tip of the thumb. The ring and little fingers remain extended and straight.
- In addition, it should be done with both hands simultaneously and palm facing up.
- Perform this pose for 30 minutes at a stretch every day or for 10 to 12 minutes three times a day.
Removing all thoughts from the mind has to focus the mind only on OM or you can chant Hanuman Chalisa.
It is not necessary for doing this at an empty stomach. You may also practice this mudra with a full stomach. Vayu mudra also practices in a standing, sitting or lying down posture.
This mudra is beneficial for the body in many ways, it helps in curing various types of diseases, let us know the benefits of Pushan Hasta Mudra in detail.
Benefits of Pushan Mudra
It is believing Pushan mudra has a lot of spiritual, mental, and emotional benefits.
In the first method of Pushana Mudra, one gets the benefits of Prana Mudra and Apana Mudra and in the second method, one gets the benefits of Vyan Mudra and Apana Mudra.
- Apana mudra balance the three doshas (Vata, Kapha, and pitta doshas) in the human body. It increases the Vata and Kapha doshas and decreases the pitta in the body.
- The regular practice of this mudra is the panacea for high blood pressure. The practice of this mudra has therapeutic benefits for controlling high blood pressure and low blood pressure.
- It is also a boon for pregnant women. Makes the heart strong by the disciplined practice of this mudra.
- This mudra also helps to stimulate the solar plexus (Manipura chakra) and Sacral (Swadhisthana) chakra.
- Regularizing the Apana mudra helps to control diabetes.
- This mudra removes body temperature by sweating.
- Apaan mudra is also known to boosts memory and concentration power.
- According to acupressure, its pressure centers on the respiratory tract and gastric diseases.
- Also get relief in diseases like indigestion, gas, acidity, constipation.
- Apart from this, it removes urinary defects.
All mudras are beneficial to us, but some may warrant side effects. To get the best results from Pushan mudra, you need to take some precautions.
- Never wear tight clothes while doing Vayu Mudra or any yoga mudra.
- Do not press both fingers too hard.
- Best to avoid if suffering from Hypertension.
Mar 20, 2023
Steps To Do Uttarabodhi Mudra (Enlightenment) And Benefits
Uttarabodhi Mudra is a Buddhist hand posture or gesture that dispels fear and leads to enlightenment. This mudra is mostly[...]
Mar 14, 2023
Palms Itching: Itchy Right Palm, Itchy Left Palm
An old superstition, a sign of palms itching, has indeed become a matter of discussion. The medium of these signs[...]
Mar 10, 2023
Balayam Yoga (Nail Rubbing Excercise): How to do And Its Benefits
Balayam also has great importance in acupressure therapy and is a mixed form of yoga and acupressure. It is the[...]
The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or healthcare professional